DAFC.net
Home 18 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Message to CEO and Board
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 10:22

Am sorry but your experiment with our club is heading for disaster. The First team is woefully light on quality, depth and experienced players. As a lifelong fan of my beloved team the least I expect is a team that can challenge for the top 4 spots in the league. As it stands we are way..way off that. If you can’t meet the expectations of the fans then it’s game over. We will make our voices heard, we’ve done it before and will do so again. The time for action is now. Step up take accountability of the situation, listen to the manager and back him. If you can’t then please start the process of looking for new owners.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Jul 11:56)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Message to CEO and Germans
Topic Originator: Doves  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 10:29

No sign of the German connection resulting in boys coming over to get some game time, probably from a lower level there but it would help. But no, nothing to report. Why are they here?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 10:32

I wonder if we really are offering low ball contracts because we are that skint and there really isn’t any money there?

Could be that we are just offering base wages with no bonuses etc where other clubs are offering other options etc.

Either way, we need to spend money and fast - and if we don’t, I really think theres a chance we drop down to League One - which could be severely damaging for us again!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 10:46

"and Germans"

Ffs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 10:53

Sell up and get out or stump up cash and get some players in.

McPake is being left hung out to dry.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Message to CEO and Board
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 13:44

If we go down again it will be a disaster. Rack up another 1 million debt with no guarantee of coming straight back up. Everything in place off the pitch but nothing on it. We will be the lowest ranked professional club in the U.K. The academy experiment could be our undoing if we are not careful. There was a reason Falkirk and Hamilton binned theirs.

We would have been just as well putting an artificial surface down at EEP , no need to build any facilities, and see money that could have been invested in the first team being siphoned off to create something in Rosyth.

Sure, the SPL have voted to get rid of all artificial surfaces the season after next I believe……don’t think we would have to worry about that much, not for a while at least.

What an opportunity we missed in 2014.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 19:30

Quote:

Doves, Sun 21 Jul 10:29

No sign of the German connection resulting in boys coming over to get some game time, probably from a lower level there but it would help. But no, nothing to report. Why are they here?

Isn`t it a case any EU player has to earn a certain amount to get a work permit thanks to Brexit? And why would a German player want to play in the Scottish Championship for peanuts?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 20:00

Bringing in non-uk players was part of the sell by dafc fussball. Brexit had already happened when they came in and there been a softening(tho nowhere near far enough) on bringing in non-uk nationals wsince

also livi named a french player yesterday, are livi paying well beyond what we would pay for anyone to get a 2nd choice keeper in?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 21 Jul 21:39

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 21 Jul 20:00

Bringing in non-uk players was part of the sell by dafc fussball. Brexit had already happened when they came in and there been a softening(tho nowhere near far enough) on bringing in non-uk nationals wsince

also livi named a french player yesterday, are livi paying well beyond what we would pay for anyone to get a 2nd choice keeper in?

Correct me if I`m wrong, but I`ve never heard anyone connected with the new owners mention bringing in non-uk players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:11

A great post, sums the present situ up nicely. I`ve said on another post that for the sake of his own reputation, Mcpake needs to say it as it is, that he`s not being financially backed because he`ll get no medals protecting the board.
Great to have a nice new academy/training facility but no use if we`re in the First Division.
I noted from Saturdays game David Martindale praising our effort. How patronising and embarassing. A club that can barely attract 1500 home fans clearly look down on us as being inferior to them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Mon 22 Jul 17:17

A great post, sums the present situ up nicely. I`ve said on another post that for the sake of his own reputation, Mcpake needs to say it as it is, that he`s not being financially backed because he`ll get no medals protecting the board.
Great to have a nice new academy/training facility but no use if we`re in the First Division.
I noted from Saturdays game David Martindale praising our effort. How patronising and embarassing. A club that can barely attract 1500 home fans clearly look down on us as being inferior to them.

A brass neck indeed. Livingston were rotten. No way they are winning that league this year.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 08:36

McPake is the one responsible for team, the board have given him a budget,he has spent it on players that are not good enough and you want them to give him more cash?

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 08:57

In our first game of the season, we could line up:

Mehmet

Comrie
Bene
Fisher
Ngwenya

Hamilton
Otoo

KRH
Wotherspoon
McCann

Kane

I just don`t buy into the narrative that there isn`t enough talent there to compete in the Championship. You`ve then got McLean, Breen, Young, Chalmers, Tod, Wighton, O`Halloran and Sutherland available off the bench - and hopefully Todd to come back in a few weeks.

The squad is light if you are looking to try and get through to January without adding anyone, but nobody is going to convince me that a coaching staff, which has had 6 weeks pre-season with virtually all of them, shouldn`t be able to find a way to match up against Livi, Falkirk and Hamilton.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 09:06

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Tue 23 Jul 08:57

In our first game of the season, we could line up:

Mehmet

Comrie
Bene
Fisher
Ngwenya

Hamilton
Otoo

KRH
Wotherspoon
McCann

Kane

I just don`t buy into the narrative that there isn`t enough talent there to compete in the Championship. You`ve then got McLean, Breen, Young, Chalmers, Tod, Wighton, O`Halloran and Sutherland available off the bench - and hopefully Todd to come back in a few weeks.

The squad is light if you are looking to try and get through to January without adding anyone, but nobody is going to convince me that a coaching staff, which has had 6 weeks pre-season with virtually all of them, shouldn`t be able to find a way to match up against Livi, Falkirk and Hamilton.

That`s too sensible though, you need to put KRH into centre mid and play 3 at the back.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 09:20

Also, O`Halloran didn`t set the alight last season but did play 25 games - most of them playing out of position due to the injury crisis. He came on against Forfar and, along with Chalmers, injected a bit of urgency into the team.

I wasn`t at Livi but it looks like we were chasing the game, he sat on the sidelines all day and McPake complained about not having enough on the bench to change anything.

I genuinely get the frustration that some have with the board`s strategy and I am of the opinion that we need more players to get us through to January - to cope with the inevitable injuries and suspensions - but I reckon there is enough there at the moment to compete in the here and now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 10:03

I just wish we could get someone playing out wide in front of Comrie to allow an overlap and let Comrie get forward to cross the ball into the penalty box .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 10:11

Almost is if KRH is ready made to do just that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 12:23

MOH may not create much or have a killer instinct but his work rate and want of trying cant be denied…..looked our most lively player v Forfar off the bench
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 14:18

I am definitely not a fan of MOH but he did well when he came on against Forfar and then didn`t feature at all in the Livi game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 14:28

Quote:

jaygee, Mon 22 Jul 17:11

Are you suggesting McPake gives his employers a hard time in the public domain ?

Behind closed doors is different - and no doubt he has made his thoughts clear there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 15:34

I`m struggling to picture a scenario where the owners disagree with the manager when he says the squad needs strengthened. It`s completely obvious we lack squad depth and is arguably even more obvious we lack overall quality in certain areas of the team.

I can`t see this ending well for us as a club and the manager.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 17:31

Something the powers that be might not have thought of is future fans. When my dad took me to my first game was in the late 80`s against Morton in the Premier league. We battered them 4-1, the team worked hard and the crowd was bouncing so hard, it would surely be registered on the Richter scale. A thoroughly enthralling experience for a young lad and I couldn`t wait to go back.

After that match, the wins were few (I`m pretty sure though that I also watched us ram 6 past Dundee when we were already fated for relegation) and I witnessed up getting hammered, but the team still worked hard and the fans remained 100% behind the team,as did I.
It now the very antithesis of the experience I had. Joyless, meandering and compoundingly dull football, juxtaposed with negative vibes from the fans and a 0.0 on the aforementioned scale. Oh yeah, lest not we forget the bowfing, overpriced food on offer.

How many young fans these days will take any pleasure from attending their first match? How many will want to come back? How many will just decide to follow the herd towards the old firm, or worse yet, veer of course towards Kirkcaldy?

My only hope is that these children will not choose an alternative club, but they`ll pick up a tennis racquet instead. I sorely need a new Andy Murray.

Crowds will get lower and lower as current fans decide that they`ve finally have enough of what`s to be had from East End Park. Others will get too old to venture into the cold for some sense of duty to the club. Who is going to replace these hardy stalwarts?

Things need to change, starting with a change of manager. We need a leader that will make the players fight for the ball, and get the ball forward at every opportunity.

That is what I`d hope the board read. I am a pragmatist however, and accept that even if they did read it, they`d pay it no mind.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 17:43

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Tue 23 Jul 17:31

Something the powers that be might not have thought of is future fans. When my dad took me to my first game was in the late 80`s against Morton in the Premier league. We battered them 4-1, the team worked hard and the crowd was bouncing so hard, it would surely be registered on the Richter scale. A thoroughly enthralling experience for a young lad and I couldn`t wait to go back.

After that match, the wins were few (I`m pretty sure though that I also watched us ram 6 past Dundee when we were already fated for relegation) and I witnessed up getting hammered, but the team still worked hard and the fans remained 100% behind the team,as did I.
It now the very antithesis of the experience I had. Joyless, meandering and compoundingly dull football, juxtaposed with negative vibes from the fans and a 0.0 on the aforementioned scale. Oh yeah, lest not we forget the bowfing, overpriced food on offer.

How many young fans these days will take any pleasure from attending their first match? How many will want to come back? How many will just decide to follow the herd towards the old firm, or worse yet, veer of course towards Kirkcaldy?

My only hope is that these children will not choose an alternative club, but they`ll pick up a tennis racquet instead. I sorely need a new Andy Murray.

Crowds will get lower and lower as current fans decide that they`ve finally have enough of what`s to be had from East End Park. Others will get too old to venture into the cold for some sense of duty to the club. Who is going to replace these hardy stalwarts?

Things need to change, starting with a change of manager. We need a leader that will make the players fight for the ball, and get the ball forward at every opportunity.

That is what I`d hope the board read. I am a pragmatist however, and accept that even if they did read it, they`d pay it no mind.

Decent post, Actually said that to my brother at the Forfar game how hard must it be to entice kids along to east end just now.

It`s not even just the start of this season the pars have been a hard watch since we came out of administration.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 18:03

I know a few people who have brought there kids along to East End a few times to get them into going to games. They now all have season tickets at Starks Park because they “were bored” watching us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 18:06

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Tue 23 Jul 18:03

I know a few people who have brought there kids along to East End a few times to get them into going to games. They now all have season tickets at Starks Park because they “were bored” watching us.

How does that happen is it just random folk at Pars games deciding which team to support?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 18:14

Quote:

Shows how bad the wee teams core support really is then, since after there best season in 30 years they still can’t sell 2000 season tickets.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:15

I`m generally a bit reluctant to embrace impending disaster predictions - however I hear the club`s ongoing financial position could well be much more precarious than is coming out of EEP.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:30

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 23 Jul 19:15

I`m generally a bit reluctant to embrace impending disaster predictions - however I hear the club`s ongoing financial position could well be much more precarious than is coming out of EEP.

So are we close to administration?? Gulp really didn’t think we would potentially go there again so soon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:31

Here we go.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:46

Two of the German residents recently appointed to the board are a bank director and a business advisor.

Co-incidence ?

I very much doubt a second administration scenario is on the agenda (God forbid) - however it`s clear that the club is not in a good place at the present time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:51

It can’t be that bad, we just splashed out a big 2 year deal to a guy with a terrible injury record in the last few years.

And reportedly turned down a high 5 low 6 figure sum for otoo.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 19:58

Quote:

Chris Rea once ran me a bath and cracked an egg in it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:37

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 23 Jul 19:15

Maybe administration is what we deserve. Another mismanagement from top to bottom. How have we let people run the club who couldn’t give a flying toss about it?

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:39

^^ ask the previous chairman and board?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 21:56

They couldn`t give a toss about a club they had put £1.6m into up to 31/05/23? How does that work?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:02

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 23 Jul 19:46

Two of the German residents recently appointed to the board are a bank director and a business advisor.

Co-incidence ?

I very much doubt a second administration scenario is on the agenda (God forbid) - however it`s clear that the club is not in a good place at the present time.

Jesus wept.... What appointments would you expect from an investment group? A lion tamer and an astronaut?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:05

A rare laugh on this place 😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:08

Quote:

JTH123, Tue 23 Jul 22:02

Quote:

Co-incidence ?

Jesus wept.... What appointments would you expect from an investment group? A lion tamer and an astronaut?

At least both of them have gloves. Make it happen

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:10

You may laugh rusty but the flipping lion tamer would get a game!

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:11

With investment groups they can do what they want as it’s all pals coming into the group, take a pay for a bit then go and then another pal who is an investor will come in and take another pay….. well I did say this but hey ho.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Tue 23 Jul 22:11

With investment groups they can do what they want as it’s all pals coming into the group, take a pay for a bit then go and then another pal who is an investor will come in and take another pay….. well I did say this but hey ho.

So you join, take a wage but also have to invest? I`m not seeing the real gain here. If I had, say, £200k burning a hole in my pocket I can think of various ways I could easily make more money without an elaborate scheme involving investing in a Scottish football team.

I`ve said many times that we were very lucky in the past to have lots of people doing things for free or for way now what they should have been getting paid. The problem with that is the professionalism drops BUT it appears we`ve paid for full time people but not ones who are better than those who were doing things in a voluntary/low wage basis.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:19

Quote:

Quote:

Co-incidence ?

When beancounters are parachuted into a football club with financial problems …………..join the dots.

Post Edited (Tue 23 Jul 22:25)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:25

Quote:

veteraneastender, Tue 23 Jul 22:19

Quote:

Quote:

Co-incidence ?

When beancounters are parachuted into a football club …………..join the dots.

Just say what you mean FFS

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:31

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 23 Jul 22:10

You may laugh rusty but the flipping lion tamer would get a game!

Only if they were Dundee’s or St Johnstone’s lion tamer previously though………
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:38

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Tue 23 Jul 22:44

Lol gthyde!

The lion tamer was announced but left soon after when he found out how much of a circus the place was.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 06:43

`I know a few people who have brought there kids along to East End a few times to get them into going to games. They now all have season tickets at Starks Park because they “were bored” watching us`

Cool, and that actually happened?, so were the parents Pars or Rovers fans?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:19

"
Quote:

Chris Rea once ran me a bath and cracked an egg in it. "

This comment deserves far more appreciation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:25

Quote:

Quote:

Co-incidence ?

A much needed moment of laughter!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 08:52

Quote:

Lambo1885, Wed 24 Jul 08:19

"
Quote:

Chris Rea once ran me a bath and cracked an egg in it. "

This comment deserves far more appreciation.

Mortimer is such a wonderfully weird man 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:15

They can`t even be bothered to change the "next home game" board. They know it doesn`t get updated as it`s been brought up at a few supporters meetings. How much money Mr Cook is on is anyone`s guess but he isn`t showing his worth this off-season.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:33

I’ll get him telt - fancy no’ even changing the outside board. That has to be his remit first thing every morning! He probably oozes oot his chauffeured Bentley and sways past aw the advertising oan his way for a coffee and muffin.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:36

Quote:

buffy, Wed 24 Jul 12:33

I’ll get him telt - fancy no’ even changing the outside board. That has to be his remit first thing every morning! He probably oozes oot his chauffeured Bentley and sways past aw the advertising oan his way for a coffee and muffin.

I heard he makes and awfy mess with the muffin too and has a personal cleaning team who walk behind him with a dust buster hoovering up crumbs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:43

My understanding is that he brings courgette and beetroot muffins in from home and guilts his staff into eating them.

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:28

Quote:

It is HIS job to make sure these type of things round the club are done , sorry you seem to think it`s a small matter , but it is symptomatic of the issues at the club .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:30

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Wed 24 Jul 13:28

Quote:

It is HIS job to make sure these type of things round the club are done , sorry you seem to think it`s a small matter , but it is symptomatic of the issues at the club .

I doubt we have a Cove board, have we ever played them at EEP before?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:03

No reaction to Jake’s or Wotsit’s posts Saltson? They were miles better than mine 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:11

Quote:

Well he can’t do that every morning as he’s nowhere to be seen through the week, normally

Post Edited (Wed 24 Jul 15:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 14:12

Lol. I`ve heard that our chief scout normally climbs up to change the board (no ladder or harness!) but he`s busy redecorating Dave Mackay`s utility room.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 15:51

Quote:

fcda, Wed 24 Jul 14:12

Lol. I`ve heard that our chief scout normally climbs up to change the board (no ladder or harness!) but he`s busy redecorating Dave Mackay`s utility room.

Better bloody not be. He was supposed to do the awkward bit above the stairs at my house this week and has been a no show! I tried to do it myself and now the stairs are covered in Elephants Breath emulsion and the wall STILL isn`t painted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 17:28

Quote:

hence are skint surely advertising the next home game would be a good place to start if not what is the point of having one? Considering we got slapped by the team that finished 7th in league 2 I'd say we need all the fans in we can get.

My point is if we can`t even put up a sign how are we expecting these lunatics to run the place. We are the laughing stock of Scottish football almost as bad as Inverness when they wanted to relocate to Kelty.

Furthermore i wouldn`t want him to do it if he hadn`t said "I will personally make sure this issue is rectified". But you`d know that Buffy.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Wed 24 Jul 17:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 17:54

In all seriousness, surely a simple solution to the next game board would be to replace it with an electronic one that automatically updates? A £10 Raspberry Pi hooked up to a basic LED screen wouldn`t be expensive and would save someone manually doing it (or not!).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 17:58

Oh Cammy has someone nicked yer happy meal?

Why so serious about something not so serious?

Laughing stock of Scottish football? What a load of tosh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:07

Can`t even sign a player properly pretty embarrassing for a so called professional club. Again not a big issue if he didn`t say he would fix it and hasn`t. We will probably see one of the lowest attendances v cove you`d think we would try anything to raise the attendance?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:31

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 24 Jul 18:07

Can`t even sign a player properly pretty embarrassing for a so called professional club. Again not a big issue if he didn`t say he would fix it and hasn`t. We will probably see one of the lowest attendances v cove you`d think we would try anything to raise the attendance?

Ok so the sign that no onevhas updated is going to loose a lot of potential supporters ,Do you not think that majority of fans already know there is a game coming up ,social media kinda does that .
As for that being the CEO responsibility ,I don`t think so ,years gone by it was the grounds man role or in this day and age assigned to someone else.
FFS Surprised no one has asked for roles and responsibilities of all staff :):):)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:40

I think the point made is that even such a simple and small thing isn’t taken care of ie the board at the ground. I see some instances of ineptitude here from the club but I’m not involved in any way so to pass judgement on how capable they are at the day to day stuff would be wrong.

I certainly do think there are improvements to be made, looking in from the outside, though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:49

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 23 Jul 21:56

They couldn`t give a toss about a club they had put £1.6m into up to 31/05/23? How does that work?

Who put us in the mess in the first place?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:51

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 23 Jul 21:39

I was kind of getting at that too. He has a lot to answer for as well.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:52

Quote:

AlterPar, Wed 24 Jul 18:40

I think the point made is that even such a simple and small thing isn’t taken care of ie the board at the ground. I see some instances of ineptitude here from the club but I’m not involved in any way so to pass judgement on how capable they are at the day to day stuff would be wrong.

I certainly do think there are improvements to be made, looking in from the outside, though.

Alterpar,I agree there are many areas that will fall under room for improvement, and the small staff and volunteers are doing their best.

But throw that into the CEO`s lap

CEOs shall deligate authorities to others ,team leads ,supervisors ,groundsmen,maintenance managers the list goes on .

I would not expect a CEO to micro manage all aspects
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 21:32

Quote:

The Boss, Wed 24 Jul 18:51

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 23 Jul 21:39

I was kind of getting at that too. He has a lot to answer for as well.

I suppose handing over the club to new owners is a bit like hiring a new employee? CV looks good. They interview well. They seem keen and have good ideas but they turn out to be disappointing?

Maybe it’s like voting for a certain political party? Their manifesto sounds great and you go with them based on the promises but then, a few years down the line, you discover they have not kept their promises?

I have no doubt that the reins were handed over in good faith? You’d need to ask Ross McArthur if he had any regrets now

Post Edited (Wed 24 Jul 21:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 22:17

I have no doubt Ross handed the club over to owners who wanted the club to improve…. Once handed over then they have control and do what they want!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 23:46

Aye aye aye amateur aye etc. I don`t like to see the team I adore in the mire. Fans of all ages will have seen these moments over the years. Get behind the lads for the league 💪. Especially against those bams er the Kincardine bridge. Last thing we need is a weak support for them to feed off. Rode many a storm. I trust we will again. COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 23:58

Agree we support our team through good and bad ,let`s all wipe the tears away,accept that we are where we are and crying like babies ,threatening to boycott games before the first league game is shocking
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 00:06

Quote:

Rigger Al, Wed 24 Jul 23:58

Agree we support our team through good and bad ,let`s all wipe the tears away,accept that we are where we are and crying like babies ,threatening to boycott games before the first league game is shocking

👍

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 00:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 00:12

Quote:

87Par, Thu 25 Jul 00:06

Quote:

You wouldn`t go even if we were tap o the league by reading your posts. Each to their own.

There is concerns. But realistically what you going to do? Dump a Pars tap in the bin for a Rovers one? Cos they look aw shiny at the moment. No for me.

Been a pars fan 45 years ran too many supporters busses I forget ,went to every home and away game ,Since working overseas continue to follow week in week out ,so don`t be telling me when I would or would not be following the pars .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 00:22

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 25 Jul 00:12

Quote:

Quote:

You wouldn`t go even if we were tap o the league by reading your posts. Each to their own.

There is concerns. But realistically what you going to do? Dump a Pars tap in the bin for a Rovers one? Cos they look aw shiny at the moment. No for me.

Been a pars fan 45 years ran too many supporters busses I forget ,went to every home and away game ,Since working overseas continue to follow week in week out ,so don`t be telling me when I would or would not be following the pars .

Got you mixed up Rigger Al ma bad. Apologies.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 00:24

Quote:

87Par, Thu 25 Jul 00:22

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 25 Jul 00:12

Quote:

Quote:

Got you mixed up Rigger Al ma bad. Apologies.

No problem
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 01:18

Quote:

Quote:

Co-incidence ?

Not a bad idea. The astronaut might have an idea what to do with all the rockets on here and the lion tamer could maybe do something with all the big pussies that p*** their pants all the time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 01:31

I`ve supported the pars though much worse situations than this, but in truth I`ve never felt so alienated from the club I`ve supported all my life.

We are a one city club, meant to be a club for everyone from Dunfermline to support, yet since the takeover it seems to have a political message, one if you share I`m sure you are content, I however struggle to tolerate it.

The political neutrality of the Pars is why I supported them rejecting the pull of other politicised clubs. I`ve got nowhere else to go even if I wanted to, so football has just dropped down my list of priorities.

I was never confident about "the new owners", it reminded me of Masterton`s desperate flight to Switzerland to try to pimp out club to some rich banking buddy when his end was close, but I tried to remain hopeful. Alas it looks like my fears have been realised.

I think the fans deserve better.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 01:44

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Thu 25 Jul 01:31

I`ve supported the pars though much worse situations than this, but in truth I`ve never felt so alienated from the club I`ve supported all my life.

We are a one city club, meant to be a club for everyone from Dunfermline to support, yet since the takeover it seems to have a political message, one if you share I`m sure you are content, I however struggle to tolerate it.

The political neutrality of the Pars is why I supported them rejecting the pull of other politicised clubs. I`ve got nowhere else to go even if I wanted to, so football has just dropped down my list of priorities.

I was never confident about "the new owners", it reminded me of Masterton`s desperate flight to Switzerland to try to pimp out club to some rich banking buddy when his end was close, but I tried to remain hopeful. Alas it looks like my fears have been realised.

I think the fans deserve better.

I totally agree with this. Fantastic post
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 01:51

Anyone wondering why they support the Pars need to get on YouTube and put Dunfermline athletic in the search...remind yourselves why.. tonnes of cracking vids aye its not quite clicking the now but we always get there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 02:07

Quote:

87Par, Thu 25 Jul 01:51

Anyone wondering why they support the Pars need to get on YouTube and put Dunfermline athletic in the search...remind yourselves why.. tonnes of cracking vids aye its not quite clicking the now but we always get there.

At the same time. I wholeheartedly agree with Bletchley Par. I want the old pars back. Get the woke garbage in the bin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 03:40

Quote:

87Par, Thu 25 Jul 02:07

Quote:

At the same time. I wholeheartedly agree with Bletchley Par. I want the old pars back. Get the woke garbage in the bin.

What is "Woke" about the Pars currently?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 03:45

Quote:

Andrew283, Thu 25 Jul 03:40

Quote:

87Par, Thu 25 Jul 02:07

Quote:

What is "Woke" about the Pars currently?

Nothing.
It`s the new right-wing buzzword.

Actually, there are some "Woke" issues that I am uncomfortable with, and I agree with Bletchly about politicising, a club.
I haven`t really noticed much if any of it affecting the club though.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 03:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 04:03

Quite seriously, Parrot. Why are you posting on this thread at 3.45 in the morning? Get some rest, for goodness sake.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 06:15

Genuine question - what are the club politicising? 🤔 and what are we being “woke” about?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 06:58

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 25 Jul 04:03

Quite seriously, Parrot. Why are you posting on this thread at 3.45 in the morning? Get some rest, for goodness sake.

Says the boy posting at 4.03am

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 07:17

Topic Originator: da_no_1 like
Date: Thu 25 Jul 06:58

Quote:

===

Time zones exist because the Earth is divided into different regions, each with its own local time based on the Earth`s rotation. This is basic geography. When it`s 4 am in one place, it`s not the same time everywhere else. It`s just how the world works, da_no_1.

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 07:21

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 25 Jul 06:58

Quote:

"OZ"par

Wonder why he`s awake at that time?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:09

Can someone clarify what politics or "woke"ness the club is pushing?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:09

Maybe PARrot *woke* up and couldnae get back tae sleep? Now, where`s my coat...

Also, interested to hear what 2 posters on this thread think is "woke" and politicised about the club now. I`m not getting that at all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:18

Well that was easy.......🤪

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:22

Presumably the 4:03am timeline is Greenwich o`clock ?

Maybe Oz can advise us his local posting time in respect of the above ?

Just for clarification.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:24

I don`t think they are politicising the club at the moment, but I have a funny feeling it could go down that route. Feels like they will test the waters with that with their chats with their specially selected fan groups

Somehow I don`t think that will work in Dunfermline, might work in a big city where students, LGBT folk etc will start following the club, or at least showing some interest in it. St Pauli seem to have cornered that market worldwide, and have done pretty well out of it, but can`t see it working in Dunfermline.

We have a small support and probably can`t afford to alienate those right wing folk that get offended by everything.

I did notice at the St Pauli game, their fans unveiled a big rainbow banner that said something along the lines of "trans people are people too", as soon as it went up, someone behind me shouted "Fxxx off St Pauli!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:44

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 25 Jul 08:24

I don`t think they are politicising the club at the moment, but I have a funny feeling it could go down that route. Feels like they will test the waters with that with their chats with their specially selected fan groups

Somehow I don`t think that will work in Dunfermline, might work in a big city where students, LGBT folk etc will start following the club, or at least showing some interest in it. St Pauli seem to have cornered that market worldwide, and have done pretty well out of it, but can`t see it working in Dunfermline.

We have a small support and probably can`t afford to alienate those right wing folk that get offended by everything.

I did notice at the St Pauli game, their fans unveiled a big rainbow banner that said something along the lines of "trans people are people too", as soon as it went up, someone behind me shouted "Fxxx off St Pauli!"

So you`ve no examples?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:55

Topic Originator: veteraneastender
Date: Thu 25 Jul 08:22

Presumably the 4:03am timeline is Greenwich o`clock ?

Maybe Oz can advise us his local posting time in respect of the above ?

Just for clarification.

===

Sure, VEE. I would have posted at 1 p.m. local time, my lunchtime.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:27

Firstly there is absolutely nothing "woke" about what the club is doing. Absolute drivel.

Secondly, the folk that have issues with wokness, generally haven`t a f`king clue what woke means, they just spout it like the majority of right wing, foreigner hating moon howlers that use it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:28

The fact we`re owned by St Pauli fans - and they would like to implement some of their guiding principles - clearly bothers some of our fan base.

The element that it riles up is a different matter, though...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:47

"Sure, VEE. I would have posted at 1 p.m. local time, my lunchtime."

Thanks.

One man`s midday scoff o`clock is another`s sleepy peepy time, aka the silent hours !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 11:30

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 11:42

Being sportsmanlike is neither political or woke.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 12:05

Pars are woke,
We might get LGBT fans following us, god forbid should there be any who do already!

I find it hilarious that those who complain about “wokeness” are the ones most easily offended. Seriously man - if you’re reconsidering supporting the team you claim to love because you think it’s “going woke”, then you have much bigger problems in life.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 13:12

I`m not aware of the club doing anything related to LGBT people, not would I suggest they should. My view would be the same one I apply to all people "don`t be a d###".

Also not aware of anything political in the club. Fair sportsmanship isn`t political, nor is it "woke". It`s just about being decent. That said, I think you can be an aggressive team and still fair. People seem to be confusing the two.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 14:36

The only political thing we`ve done in recent years is making a bigger and bigger deal out of armistice day, but the culture warriors presumably have no problem with that...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 16:56

Technically the Disabled Supporters` Club is "woke," are folk upset about that?

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 20:03

Quote:

Wotsit, Thu 25 Jul 16:56

Technically the Disabled Supporters` Club is "woke," are folk upset about that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 20:12

Oh here we feking go with this woke nonsense… what is the original post about?
Parrot should have his posts deleted as he’s bringing all this woke pihs into this!

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 20:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 21:41

This "Living True Sportsmanship" is completely unnecessary and woke.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 21:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 21:41

Just complete pihs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 21:47

“Living in sportsmanship” what the hell is this about?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AB Loyal  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 21:53

https://dafc.co.uk/living-true-sportsmanship/

Dreams stay with you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 21:57

What a load of nonsense with this sportsman rubbish….

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 22:20

Topic Originator: AB Loyal like
Date: Thu 25 Jul 21:41

woke, adjective: Originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice; frequently in stay woke.

If you don`t know what woke means mate, just don`t use the word.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 22:47

Quote:

kelty_par, Thu 25 Jul 14:36

The only political thing we`ve done in recent years is making a bigger and bigger deal out of armistice day, but the culture warriors presumably have no problem with that...

I`ve got to say, I`ve got an issue with that. No need for poppy`s on shirts, minutes silence. No real place in sport. There is a whole Remembrance Sunday for that if you are so inclined. The 7 heroes shirt, plus the big memorial outside to Sergeant Hunter, who had no real connection to the club. That just seemed to be a vanity project from a board member.

There are plenty of former players who died in battle, I could see the point in a memorial to them as there is an actual connection there
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 23:08

I believe in the minutes silence in November as there should be no reason why everyone cant take 1 minute out of their life per year to stand and think about the sacrifices given by all in wars over the entire globe and in history - heroes and civilians alike. It’s just common decency really.

What I do take issue with is the forcing of players to wear poppies on their shirts etc and then the vilification of any player that choses not to do so. The whole purpose of many of those deaths was to protect a humans right to decision making. To then vilify people for making a choice that doesn’t match your own is, IMO, abhorrent.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 00:29

Quote:

topic Originator: Athletico
Date: Thu 25 Jul 22:20

woke, adjective: Originally: well-informed, up-to-date. Now chiefly: alert to racial or social discrimination and injustice; frequently in stay woke.

That is a woke definition of woke and certainly not the definition or context being used when it is being criticised.

Woke = "The insertion of politics, especially identity politics into non-political institutions and systems."

Have you actually met anyone in your life that is against justice or in favour of social discrimination? Pretty sure I`ve met none, I`ve met plenty of people who I`ve disagreed with if a certain thing is "injustice" or "discrimination".

Post Edited (Fri 26 Jul 00:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 01:37

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 26 Jul 00:29

Quote:

topic Originator: Athletico
Date: Thu 25 Jul 22:20

That is a woke definition of woke and certainly not the definition or context being used when it is being criticised.

Woke = "The insertion of politics, especially identity politics into non-political institutions and systems."

Have you actually met anyone in your life that is against justice or in favour of social discrimination? Pretty sure I`ve met none, I`ve met plenty of people who I`ve disagreed with if a certain thing is "injustice" or "discrimination".

Have you never heard of Reform, MANY Tories, your beloved Orange one? They are absolutely for discrimination.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 05:30

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 26 Jul 00:29

===

Against justice or in favour of social discrimination? How about the majority of the Israeli population?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 05:40

Anyhoo back to the original topic while the current situation looks bleak it’s by no means it to break out the torches and pitchforks and start hounding the current board out of the club but it is important that we as supporters be on our toes and challenge the board when they seem to be slacking off we are a ways away from being in the state we were in when wee gav was at the helm least that is my take on it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 07:34

Appears we`ve identified the Daily Mail readers of this forum 😂 Desperately looking for anything they can claim is woke. Their blood pressure monitors must be screaming right now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 08:33

"A woke definition of woke"

We have a winner for the most ridiculous post of the year.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 10:07

Quote:

Topic Originator: OzPar
Date: Fri 26 Jul 05:30

Against justice or in favour of social discrimination? How about the majority of the Israeli population?

I`ve not met the majority of the Israeli population, but through the lived experience of residing a Kibbutz for 6 months on a gap year I found them to be very admirable people even though they were communists.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 10:14

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 26 Jul 10:07

Quote:

Topic Originator: OzPar
Date: Fri 26 Jul 05:30

I`ve not met the majority of the Israeli population, but through the lived experience of residing a Kibbutz for 6 months on a gap year I found them to be very admirable people even though they were communists.

They might well be, but Netanyahu is a war criminal, and should be in jail, if not strung up…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 10:25

Quote:

Athletico, Fri 26 Jul 08:33

"A woke definition of woke"

We have a winner for the most ridiculous post of the year.

What a choice - to take the dictionary definition of a word or Bletchleys made up application of the word to suit his requirements 🤔

Here’s some history of its use but definitely use Bletchley’s definition if you’re minded to a dog whistle

“The phrase stay woke has been present in AAVE since the 1930s. In some contexts, it referred to an awareness of social and political issues affecting African Americans. The phrase was uttered in recordings from the mid-20th century by Lead Belly and, post-millennium, by Erykah Badu.
The term woke gained further popularity in the 2010s. Over time, it became increasingly connected to matters beyond race such as gender and identities perceived as marginalized. During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the phrase was popularized by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists seeking to raise awareness about police shootings of African Americans. After the term was used on Black Twitter, woke was increasingly used by white people, who often used it to signal their support for BLM; some commentators criticized this usage as cultural appropriation. The term became popular with millennials and members of Generation Z. As its use spread internationally, woke was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 2017.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 10:31

Quote:

Alter Ego, Thu 25 Jul 21:47

“Living in sportsmanship” what the hell is this about?

It’s a mission statement and I imagine most people on here work in organisations that have one - I know every company I have ever worked for has had one made up in the exact same way with Vision, Purpose
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 10:58

The cut and paste from Wikipedia that P provided is an accurate description of the origin of the term, here is a part from the same Wikipedia entry about the broadening usage of the term and how the word means different things to different people.

2015–2019: Broadening usage
While the term woke initially pertained to issues of racial prejudice and discrimination impacting African Americans, it came to be used by other activist groups with different causes.[4] While there is no single agreed-upon definition of the term, it came to be primarily associated with ideas that involve identity and race and which are promoted by progressives, such as the notion of white privilege or slavery reparations for African Americans.[28] Vox`s Aja Romano writes that woke evolved into a "single-word summation of leftist political ideology, centered on social justice politics and critical race theory".[3]

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 12:21

The crisis must surely be over if we`re now discussing the meaning of `woke` on the Football Forum.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 12:36

No-one I`ve ever met who has rattled on about woke this or woke that has been able to articulate one example where it has had a detrimental, tangible impact on their lives.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 12:37

Just heard Stephens are launching a vegan sausage roll...woke.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 13:05

Yes, it is not material for the football forum, but it is pleasing to nail down what appears to be the first reference to "woke" in a 1938 recording of Lead Belly`s song `Scottsboro Boys`.

At the song`s end, he recommends that black folk visiting what was a very racist Alabama be careful and "stay woke" - in other words, stay awake and keep their eyes open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXfkPViFIE

At long last, we can understand the proper meaning of woke!!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 17:15

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 26 Jul 10:58

The cut and paste from Wikipedia that P provided is an accurate description of the origin of the term, here is a part from the same Wikipedia entry about the broadening usage of the term and how the word means different things to different people.

2015–2019: Broadening usage
While the term woke initially pertained to issues of racial prejudice and discrimination impacting African Americans, it came to be used by other activist groups with different causes.[4] While there is no single agreed-upon definition of the term, it came to be primarily associated with ideas that involve identity and race and which are promoted by progressives, such as the notion of white privilege or slavery reparations for African Americans.[28] Vox`s Aja Romano writes that woke evolved into a "single-word summation of leftist political ideology, centered on social justice politics and critical race theory".[3]

So... You don`t know and are just using it as a buzz word? Cool
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 17:34

Back on topic - what can we as fans do to 1. Get the message across 2. Help resolve the issues?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 18:04

I think they will get a message tomorrow with the size of the crowd ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 19:36

Quote:

OorWullie, Fri 26 Jul 18:04

I think they will get a message tomorrow with the size of the crowd ?

No. The crowd will be small because it`s now a meaningless fixture. Pretty much a friendly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 21:20

"They can`t even be bothered to change the "next home game" board. They know it doesn`t get updated as it`s been brought up at a few supporters meetings."

You`ll be glad to know it has now been changed. It does say our next home game is against Falkirk mind you...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 21:38

I know say 20-30 folk that won’t be along tomm including myself…

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 22:05

I don’t recall the outside board showing cup fixtures so the Falkirk fixture is correct.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 23:17

It would make sense though, to show the next game, so that bypassers may just see it and come along
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 23:41

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 26 Jul 21:38

I know say 20-30 folk that won’t be along tomm including myself…

You lost me at I know say 20-30 folk
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 09:16

I don`t believe there is any game that is meaningless, especially at this stage in the season. It`s an opportunity for the younger and fringe players to get 1st team experience. From a supporters perspective, there is nothing at stake. I don`t see this as a test of JM`s management at all. The important games have yet to come. We have some injury prone players and by definition that can make us a light squad. If we dont sign players, I think like others we will need 2 or 3 loan players in the first half of the season. You can only deal with what is in front of you at this stage. The circumstances around the club are what they are. You just have to make the best of it, be positive and take that positivity into the league games. If I were to read between the lines, it looks like a transition year to bring the younger players into the 1st team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:40

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like
Date: Tue 23 Jul 19:46

Co-incidence ?

Turns out the much maligned VEE was right….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:50

Interested to know people’s opinions. After 4 years and millions spent, what will be their legacy?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 08:54

Quote:

summeragent, Fri 16 Aug 08:50

Interested to know people’s opinions. After 4 years and millions spent, what will be their legacy?

The Falkirk home game as a memory I enjoyed under their tenure.

I find their legacy is more likely to be like that massive seminary in the West of Scotland. Could have been fantastic if it wasn’t so much out of touch with reality.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:06

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 16 Aug 08:40

Topic Originator: veteraneastender like
Date: Tue 23 Jul 19:46

Co-incidence ?

Turns out the much maligned VEE was right….

"Much maligned" 😆😆😆😆😆

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:10

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> Topic Originator: veteraneastender like
> Date: Tue 23 Jul 19:46
>
> Two of the German residents recently appointed to the board are
> a bank director and a business advisor.
>
> Co-incidence ?
>
> I very much doubt a second administration scenario is on the
> agenda (God forbid) - however it`s clear that the club is not
> in a good place at the present time.
>
>
>
> Turns out the much maligned VEE was right….

>
> "Much maligned" 😆😆😆😆😆
>
>

That a wee conscience there sir? 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:20

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 16 Aug 09:10

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
>
>
> Co-incidence ?
>
>
>
>

>
> "Much maligned" 😆😆😆😆😆
>

Find proof of me "much maligning" him and I`ll apologise.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:32

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 16 Aug 09:20

Quote:

theparsman1885, Fri 16 Aug 09:10

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
>
>
> Co-incidence ?
>
>
>
>

>
> "Much maligned" 😆😆😆😆😆
>

Find proof of me "much maligning" him and I`ll apologise.

Just differences of opinion, surely? Besides, VEE is a big boy now. He can take a bit of maligning now and again, otherwise he would lie low for a while. 🤔

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 09:40

My message to the CEO is quite simple.

Please go now before you cost us even more money
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 12:14

Much maligned !!!

Bemused does not begin to cover my amusement !!!

I simply pointed out that the two incoming German directors were beancounters by any other name, and that that was not a co-incidence, either by their appointment or the timing.

I was then "invited" to say what I meant - thought that was very obvious, so didn`t respond.

Having said that, I didn`t expect it to lead to what came down the turnpike yesterday.

I reckon the emergence of a sugar daddy saviour is wishful thinking - who knows though, time will tell ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 13:34

"The Falkirk home game as a memory I enjoyed under their tenure."

We should never have been in the third tier in the first place.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 13:58

Falkirk and their fans probably thought they shouldn`t have been in the third tier either but we both were and we beat them! What`s not to like about that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:06

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 16 Aug 13:58

Falkirk and their fans probably thought they shouldn`t have been in the third tier either but we both were and we beat them! What`s not to like about that?

It cost us 1 million pounds ,that`s what not to like, we had a team according to a good few pundits should have been challenging for promotion, they massively under performed, and I can only hope ,we have a relegation clause in the current contracts ,as I doubt we can withstand another year in Division 1 with players on championship wages.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:20

Actually the point I am making is though enjoyable, it isn’t much to be excited about in the grand scheme of things…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:24

`Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu like
Date: Fri 16 Aug 14:06

Quote:

It cost us 1 million pounds ,that`s what not to like, we had a team according to a good few pundits should have been challenging for promotion, they massively under performed, and I can only hope ,we have a relegation clause in the current contracts ,as I doubt we can withstand another year in Division 1 with players on championship wages.`

I was responding to one poster`s favourite memory from their tenure, not the whole experience.

I`m not sure I share your view of the infallibility of Scottish football pundits though.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 14:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 14:41

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 16 Aug 14:24

Quote:

It cost us 1 million pounds ,that`s what not to like, we had a team according to a good few pundits should have been challenging for promotion, they massively under performed, and I can only hope ,we have a relegation clause in the current contracts ,as I doubt we can withstand another year in Division 1 with players on championship wages.`

I was responding to one poster`s favourite memory from their tenure, not the whole experience.

I`m not sure I share your view of the infallibility of Scottish football pundits though.

Dont think in the last 2 seasons we have ever been mentioned by pundits regarding promotion 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:24

Quote:

Dave_1885, Fri 16 Aug 14:41

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 16 Aug 14:24

Quote:

Dont think in the last 2 seasons we have ever been mentioned by pundits regarding promotion 😂

We were in the relegation season. Have still got some of the hangers on from that season in the squad.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:24

I reckon the vast majority of Pars fans would rather the club had still been in the Championship season 2022/23 rather than League 1, that`s a no brainer.

I`m struggling with any single "what`s not to like about that" aspect of playing in the third tier.

As I said, we should never have been there, the Peter Grant legacy has had a massive negative impact on the club.

Post Edited (Fri 16 Aug 15:26)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:36

Quote:

Just saw this one.

Nightshift Oz. Finish at 0330.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 15:45

We seem to have gone well off track. What a surprise!

One poster said he enjoyed beating Falkirk. Well, so did I! In fact I enjoyed playing them four times that season and not losing. I would have enjoyed it even if we`d both been in League 2.

It`s strange but there`s a tendency of a lot of fans on here to downplay any success with an `aye but`. It`s why I don`t think this Forum is representative of the Pars` support in general. Do you think most fans leaving EEP that night were saying ` We shouldn`t have been playing them in the first place`?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 16:18

Playing in the third tier due to relegation is a strange definition of success.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 16:28

The `success` was beating one of our biggest rivals. Do you write off a whole season because of what happened in the previous one? You must have had a pretty grim time supporting the Pars.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 16:47

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 16 Aug 15:24

I reckon the vast majority of Pars fans would rather the club had still been in the Championship season 2022/23 rather than League 1, that`s a no brainer.

I`m struggling with any single "what`s not to like about that" aspect of playing in the third tier.

As I said, we should never have been there, the Peter Grant legacy has had a massive negative impact on the club.

So would the investors. They will get more money for a championship club instead of league 1.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 17:56

"The `success` was beating one of our biggest rivals. Do you write off a whole season because of what happened in the previous one? You must have had a pretty grim time supporting the Pars."

Playing in the third tier was a pretty grim time.

The attraction of League 1 just because it provided fixtures against Falkirk escapes me.

I suspect yours is a minority view ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Fri 16 Aug 18:02

Can you follow this thread onto the new Statements and Updates

I`m just worried it`s getting too big and users may experience issues viewing and posting. The forum software does need updated 🤦‍♂️

I will close this thread for that reason 😁

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

closed
 This thread is closed 
© 2021-- DAFC.net