DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mcpake
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:00

He feels sorry for Taylor and Denis well play one and drop the other what a statement.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mcpake
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:04

Also said they’ll no signings apart from a GK

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:04

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 27 Jul 18:00

He feels sorry for Taylor and Denis well play one and drop the other what a statement.

Just listened to his post match interview.
This man hasn`t a f--kin clue. 😞😞🥃

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:05

First time since 1984 I wished I hadn’t bought a season ticket…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:06

We need an urgent fans meeting, our club is heading for disaster should we be relegated again. There is time to turn this around……Mcpake looks dejected…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:07

Please tell me the signings part is true

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:08

No funds available says Mcpake and doesn’t believe we will sign an outfield player before the league starts.

I’m no money expert but I’d imagine finding an extra few quid for a couple players to allow us to stay in the league is cheaper than another season in the seaside

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:10

I wonder if he`s working his ticket, no way he`ll walk away with nothing.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:10

Quote:

PARadise, Sat 27 Jul 18:08

No funds available says Mcpake and doesn’t believe we will sign an outfield player before the league starts.

I’m no money expert but I’d imagine finding an extra few quid for a couple players to allow us to stay in the league is cheaper than another season in the seaside

Let’s punt the ceo and fund three new players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:13

If the club can hardly afford a players then how are they going to get rid of McPake and his staff? Looks like we are in for a long season.
That was utter dross today.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:18

No money to get rid of McPake and I would imagine it will be the same for Cook, no investment from the owners or likelihood of them selling up. Sold 3000 season tickets but would imagine the actual attendance at some games will be below that.

7 year plan I wonder how low they had planned to let us drop before their plan bares fruit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:20

Genuinely feel kind of fleeced

Effe
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:21

Don’t think we should be getting rid of McPake, he needs support from the board.

He got us promoted to the Championship in a season with only one defeat.

He kept us in the Championship, narrowly missing out on promotion playoffs during an injury savaged season.

First period of time where he’s having a bit of a downturn and folk are out with the axe.

The Board is the issue, clear as day, there is absolutely no way McPake is wanting to go into the season with this thin a squad and relying on so many youngsters.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:33

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sat 27 Jul 18:10

I wonder if he`s working his ticket, no way he`ll walk away with nothing.

Don`t think he will resign ,he has young family to support and needs an income ,only way I see him leaving is if he has somewhere else to go

Pity we couldn`t transfer swap managers :):):)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:45

Club obviously in very deep water financially. Absolutely petrified what relegation would mean…administration….part time…gulp we are an absolute mess. Germans need booting out of our club. Its an utter shambles.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:03

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 27 Jul 18:45

Club obviously in very deep water financially. Absolutely petrified what relegation would mean…administration….part time…gulp we are an absolute mess. Germans need booting out of our club. Its an utter shambles.

But the question is how we`ve gone from turning a profit to making £1m losses so quickly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:15

Board are playing a lottery game with our club regrettably
A team who’s failed often but always had honest ambition, we seem to be stuck with mediocre football for some years to come.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:15

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jul 19:03

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 27 Jul 18:45

But the question is how we`ve gone from turning a profit to making £1m losses so quickly.

Probably bank loans.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:38

"7 year plan I wonder how low they had planned to let us drop before their plan bares fruit."

Naked bananas to that !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:48

"I wonder if he`s working his ticket, no way he`ll walk away with nothing"

a little more subtle this week compared to other occasions but its not in any doubt imo.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 20:02

Let’s punt the ceo and fund three new players

Spot on OorWullie

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 20:26

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 20:37

Unfortunately for us, it’s going to get worse before it gets better. I’ve had enough of his vision of football.

I just can’t see where we are going to get goals from. We are toothless in the opposition half.

He gotta go. ASAP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 20:46

You can spot a well trained team a mile off. We are not one. He should`ve been punted 6 months ago. Get shot of the management team and mehmet. It`s time for someone who can inspire this group to dig deep.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 20:50

So SnoPake is saying no more signings! Tbh if the players we have played to their potential we wouldn’t be as worried about finishing last! Unfortunately he can’t get this out of them, the Players look highly unmotivated with no clue what to do next! That IS on him! He’s a rubbish manager. I see others saying but he got us promoted out of League 1 - yes he did but the difference between league 1 and the Championship is huge!

The amount of money we have lost by not being able to compete in the latter stages of the cups is ridiculous. His signings have been poor, tactics (well tactic) is poor, motivating the players appears non existent and the results we see reflect exactly how bad we are at the moment!

We need to see the backend of him, his number 2 and the coaches if we are to change for the better as all of them have their fair share in blame for this fiasco

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 21:24

Can`t even support him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 21:29

It’s hard to defend a manager that has known he was going to need a goalkeeper for months and still doesn’t seem to have a plan in place. His “quality” signings so far this season are really poor Kane (sick note), Spoony “good player 2 years ago” and our top target left back (McPake’s words) not sure he has played football before. I don’t often want a manager sacked but he is making it hard to make a case for keeping him and as for financially not being able to sack him that’s nonsense the price of failure and relegation is far higher.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 21:32

Is McPake holding on for a pay off? He seems miserable but he won`t walk without a few quid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Boomer  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 23:38

Wtf do some of you expect with no backing in the transfer market. Who do we replace him with as we seem to have no money. Agree his tactics can be questioned at times but who is going to improve us under the circumstances

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 23:45

“SnoPake”

…?

Really? 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 23:47

Boomer, tactics questionable at times, try all the time. The guy has one formation and sticks with it even when it’s not working. Granted who would they replace him with that would want the job

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 23:51

Started with 4 at the back and KRH on the left, so he did change it up.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 23:55

Still 💩 though Raymie. The players there shouldn’t be losing to Forfar or Cove

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 00:02

Folk saying McPake out and the only option due to us being skint is Meggle comes in😅😅😅 we are feked from top to bottom!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 00:13

Quote:

Jacko Par42, Sat 27 Jul 23:55

Still 💩 though Raymie. The players there shouldn’t be losing to Forfar or Cove

Don’t disagree that we should be beating these teams

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NiallDAFC  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 00:22

Let`s not forget what McPake has spent the available budgets on over the last 2 seasons. Outwith the loan boys brought in permanently, his signings and use of the budget available has been pretty horrendous! Long term deals to Chalmers, Wighton and Mehmet. Then spends god knows how much for Jak and MOH, then his top 2 targets for this window were Kane and Ngwenya. Kanes gonna be injured half the season and Ngwenya looks like bambi on ice. Genuinely one of the worst players I`ve seen. Give McPake absolute no more funds, he`s wasted what little he has had. We'll get a new GK and loans, although his previous loan signings (Holmes apart) havent been too bad. So maybe some hope there. He then sticks with the same utter guff formation, plays his best players out of position and yet folk are saying he hasnt been backed. Maybe not to the extent we all want but I`m no up for signing more auld pals who aren`t good enough, injury prone or brought in to suit his depressing system. He picks the team, he chooses the formation and he gives the instructions to the players. Lose to Falkirk at home, and I really fear for the backlash and anger that will spill out from the stands. I just hope we at least back the players we do have and don`t turn on them as well when it goes tit`s up.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Jul 01:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 04:26

My Dundee mates warned me about McPake, most boring football they`ve ever seen. Couldn`t have been more correct
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 07:35

Panic station coming up regarding the loans.

We’ll need another few Walcotts, if they are more like holmes or Benjamin we’ll need a paddle.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 08:38

One of last season Loanees Owen Moffat scored a beauty for Morton yesterday. Got the ball out wide around half way line, cut inside and beat 2/3 players and curled one in far corner from the edge of the box.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:11

Did that for us a couple of times also. Didn`t contribute much else aside from that over the course of the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:21

"My Dundee mates warned me about McPake, most boring football they`ve ever seen. Couldn`t have been more correct"

I spend a bit of time up there and i was told the same from Dundee fans 2 yrs ago.
The master stroke the season they got into the premiership was bringing Charlie Adam in. They said he pretty much single handedly hauled Dundee to the title, in no way was it boring McPake.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:22

I`m behind James McPake. Way too early yet for shouting for change. The Board don`t appear to be matching his signing aspirations and given the overarching sh*tshow it`s no wonder things are poor on the pitch.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:27

Quote:

NW 1966, Sun 28 Jul 09:22

I`m behind James McPake. Way too early yet for shouting for change. The Board don`t appear to be matching his signing aspirations and given the overarching sh*tshow it`s no wonder things are poor on the pitch.

Way too early? We`ve been rank rotten for nearly 12 months, the odd result covering the cracks. He will only top this league when the budget dwarfs the opposition like in league 1.
He needs to go with a new coach being allocated some funds.
Giving mcpake survival funds is suicide we are uninspiring with him at the helm.

Guaranteed bottom 2.

Mehmet can leave aswell. Put bene in goals.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:36

"Allocated some funds" - Aye? Where from?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:36

What were you genuinely expecting last season with what was an unforeseen totally injury ravaged season?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:42

Quote:

Athletico, Sun 28 Jul 09:36

"Allocated some funds" - Aye? Where from?

The investors will have to dig deep one way or another, to do otherwise is crazy.

The question is give mcpake more leeway in the market.....only for him to uninspire the new signings as well and sack him in October.

Or sack him now and give the new coach access to the market.

I suspect we will fund mcpake and find out the hard way.

And last season I expected the team/squad to be inspired and compete.

They absolutely failed in nearly every game.

Regardless of injuries he assembled the squad and failed to get them going.

And at the end of the season he was nearly full strength and still struggled.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:45

In all honesty, how many times during the last 2 seasons, inc league 1, have you left a game saying..."Ken what that was a great 90 mins, I really enjoyed that"
Not many I bet.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:49

Said it before and I`m getting sick of saying it. You can spot a well trained well drilled team a mile off. We are not one. That is on him. He is failing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:57

Quote:

Gaz3822, Sun 28 Jul 09:45

In all honesty, how many times during the last 2 seasons, inc league 1, have you left a game saying..."Ken what that was a great 90 mins, I really enjoyed that"
Not many I bet.

Said the same when we won league. Thought we were brutal to watch but got the job done. Hoped the following season the football would improve. It hasn’t.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 10:09

The investors should be getting round the table with the CEO as a matter of urgency. There needs to be funds made available to add a couple of loans. If they don’t we will struggle, unrest will grow manager potentially sacked (more cash) new manager comes in and some funds will need to be made available to strengthen in January.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 10:13

I`d give him the 1st quarter, if results are still so poor then it will be time to try something different. I think he seems to have a bit more awareness that some of his experienced guys just are not up to it, but with a tight budget he has kind of snookered himself somewhat. There is some quality in that squad and he needs to get a lot more from them.

If there is any positive to take from the performances so far, it will have hopefully showed him what not to do!

There are many areas for improvement, one clear one is our set pieces which are rubbish, we really need to start threatening from these, at least to allow us to maintain pressure for longer periods. Chalmers varies between poor and average delivery, we have tried that long enough, time for something else. Paul Allan :( Pehrpas let McCann hit them, yes we would miss his aerial presence but he can hit them with a bit of pace at least.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 10:27

Im afraid everything about the team is defeatist at the moment, even the managers pre/post match interviews are defeatist ,there are no positives to anything at EEP at the moment, we look like we are on a downward spiral and need to get out of it fast. COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 10:29

Just rip the band aid off now.

We have just been beaten by Forfar and Cove at HOME. How much longer does this go on?

Freak results happen, but we are uninspired and unmotivated. We will probably lose our next 3 games to Nil.

The name of the game is to score more goals than the opposition. We don`t create enough chances.

The longer this goes on, the worse it is getting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 10:33

We don,t actually have anyone that can actually take any of the few chances that come our way our so called strikers are pathetic , either injured or can,t last 90 mins

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:03

Let`s look at the facts:

We have a team made up of experienced older players, all of whom have played at a higher level and talented young players. They`ve now lost various games to lower league, part time opposition. That can`t solely be down to the players. The buck lies with the management and coaching.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:04

I think if we get well beat off of falkirk the backlash will force change.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:16

Sutherland looks a good finisher, sounds like he will start against Livi. Wighton is a decent finisher, but a lack of consistent fitness and perhaps confidence is an issue. Kane is a good finisher...but again not consistently fit. McCann is hit and miss, but often struggles to play 90 minutes as he ends up wasting a lot of energy chasing lost causes.

The squad isn`t great, but isn`t terrible, the buck lies with the manager, he has assembled it. A poor start in the league and things will be toxic but can`t see any possibility of McPake being sacked after 2 games

Not sure why I feel optimistic, perhaps the only way is up??

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:35

Watched the highlights and the only positive was young Sutherland, scored a good goal, no interested in high 5ing or anything, just getting everyone back for kick off. Great attitude, put a lot of others to shame.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:50

"Thought we were brutal to watch but got the job done. Hoped the following season the football would improve. It hasn’t."

home record since the start of last season
p23 w6 d5 l12
f25 a34

home record since beating Morton, 23rdSeptember last year
p18 w3 d5 l10
f16 a29

home record this calendar year
p12 w2 d4 l6
f10 a20
(including not scoring in 5 of those games)

thats league and cups

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:23

I think the style of football is symptomatic of the environment we are in. The championship is a very tight league.

We are in a position where you just have to get on with it. Be transparent about the challenges and expectations to bring people along.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 14:19

Don`t know about that Indiapar - Airdrie manage to play entertaining football with a decent tempo. Raith and Partick go a bit more direct at times and so create lots of chances per game. Ayr have a couple of decent looking wingers. The teams who struggled last season were Arbroath (part time and ageing) and then Queens Park, Inverness and ourselves - all of whom played a slow, possession based game. I think that speaks volumes tbh

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 15:56

I think listening and the body language of the manager tells us he has given up and it seems to have spread to the players ,they all seem to have downed tools (just my opinion) we are lucky to pick 2 or more players getting pass marks over all our presentation season games ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 16:14

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 28 Jul 13:23

I think the style of football is symptomatic of the environment we are in. The championship is a very tight league.

We are in a position where you just have to get on with it. Be transparent about the challenges and expectations to bring people along.

Rubbish. The complete lack of quality and negativity is down to James. 3 absolute waster managers in a row. That`s on the board
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Muppet Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:40

McPake is useless but there is a much bigger problem and that’s they clowns in the board room. Club is rotten from top to bottom right now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:52

McPake is probably not listening to advice from coaching staff and being stubborn regarding formations, tactics etc.
The best teams in our league have a mixture of muscle, football ability but crucially they can adapt to changing circumstances as the game develops.
To be fair, two seasons ago we did adapt after halftime when something wasn’t working clearly but the standard of opposition was much weaker.
Last season and so far, this opening campaign, there is no willingness to just go route one when required until it’s too late.
The football is incredibly boring to watch and players that should be allowed to shine are restricted by the managers tactics.
We have a tough set of opening fixtures coming up and sadly I can see them ending his tenure before October ends.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:56

Maybe he`s given up and content with these results prior to season starting to kick the boards ass and see how bad we are ,If we had progressed would even be harder to get support from the board
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:01

I agree he will be gone by October, but if that`s the case, then get him gone now.

It`s just a case of delaying the inevitable. Give whoever comes in or Meggle a better chance.

It would actually be interesting to see if Meggle could do any better
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:24

Thomas meggle? The same Thomas meggle who’s only coaching experience has been with st Pauli as care taker then as coach if the st Pauli reserves? 😂😂😂😂 that’s up there with your claims about dougie Imrie being a better choice
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:30

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 28 Jul 18:24

Thomas meggle? The same Thomas meggle who’s only coaching experience has been with st Pauli as care taker then as coach if the st Pauli reserves? 😂😂😂😂 that’s up there with your claims about dougie Imrie being a better choice

I`m not for one second suggesting meggle would be a better replacement.

But it would be interesting if he could do the job he is asking mcpake to do.

I noticed for some reason when I suggest 5 or 6 managers you have only latched on to one of these suggestions and have repeatedly decided to attack me for suggesting imrie. No mention of the other candidates??

Whatever makes you laugh. Dafty!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:44

Imrie`s record with Morton is pretty decent. Wouldn`t be my choice as manager but the stats would suggest that he can do a job at our level.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:51

Not sure that bringing in yet another manager is going to solve anything. The fact that we have had three in a very short space of time is indicative of a wider issue. The clubs financial situation is well documented so realistically I don`t see anyone coming or quite frankly would be willing to come.

We are where we are. It`s about trying to bring about the best outcome under the circumstances. At best that will probably be 2 or 3 loans. We won`t be a championship winning side but we need to get into the playoff mix by keeping as many free of injury as possible. That`s where we will succeed or fail.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:57

Let`s just keep mcpake then when it`s clear that he cannot inspire a team despite having them for a whole pre-season.

They are not willing to put in a graft.

Hard work alone should`ve been enough to see off the two part time team`s.

I`ll repeat it. We have just lost to Forfar and Cove at HOME. When is enough enough.

Our form has been dreadful since the turn of the year.

The manager is rubbish.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 19:10

Said it before a manager will live and die by his signings this includes keeping players around.
The promotion season we didn`t play particularly great football but managed to see games out etc. Most reserved judgment as he was lumbered with signings for previous managers.

We extended the contract of players like wighton,McCann,Mehmet and Chalmers just to name a few and these players just haven`t been good or fit enough.

We then have a season like last season with injuries galore for one reason or another. We then have signed kane who has been posted missing since his cameo appearance and we have let our backup keeper go leaving us without a second keeper for all of ore season and most likely the start of the league campaign.

Do I think he has been given funds? No, but the money he has had he really hasn`t spent it well and that shows with the guff we produced last season and so far this season.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 19:23

If your only fishing in the Dundee and st Johnstone pool for the experienced pro’s
That’s an awful small pool espech when quite a few of them don’t appear to be interested in playing for mcpake again meaning only the st Johnstone boys will give us a try.

A new manager will have his own contacts and will look past these 2 teams, now wouldn’t that be refreshing.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 19:47

A new manager is definitely needed but we need to get off the Scottish manager merry go round- The same old faces that fail at every other club - This is where the German investors could prove their worth and bring in an up and coming Continental, who has looked good as Assistant or reserve coach but now wants to step up and be his own man/woman.

If we don’t step away this shallow pool of Scottish managers I fear at some point we’ll be welcoming Levein through the hallowed EEP doors!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:04

Why do people consistently make the same point over and over again on multiple threads ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:41

It`s a good question, Raymie. Since yesterday`s game I don`t recall reading any comments that haven`t been made umpteen times already. It`s as if some folk just enjoy putting the boot in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:50

It`s probably because the team is consistently producing bad performances.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:55

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 28 Jul 20:04

Why do people consistently make the same point over and over again on multiple threads ?

Because they`re angry. In normal discourse you`ll get a reaction. Unfortunately, the club can not (and should not) reply to comments on here meaning it`s a one-sided argument.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars1975  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:55

It`s time for change that was poor . I had a friend over for a visit so went to the game wish Ii didn`t

David crawford
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 20:56

Mike you’re just not getting it are you? fair enough you want Mcpake out the door that’s cool but to even think meggle could do better is just wild correct me if I’m wrong but is he not part of the wider problem at the club given he’s clearly has a say in some of the dross that has been signed over the past last two seasons

He’s part of the group that control the purse strings so again he is partly to blame for us not being able to get the players we really want

anyway we will see what happens with the new German member of the board surprised no one has found it odd that he joined the board shortly after it became obvious that the club was hemorrhaging money under this lot kind of makes you wonder just who’s money it is that’s been invested clearly it’s not any of their own money
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 21:03

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 28 Jul 20:56

Mike you’re just not getting it are you? fair enough you want Mcpake out the door that’s cool but to even think meggle could do better is just wild correct me if I’m wrong but is he not part of the wider problem

Re read my posts, and maybe you`ll get it.

I have never said meggle would be a better option. But he is an option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 21:26

Quote:

weemike, Sun 28 Jul 21:03

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 28 Jul 20:56

Mike you’re just not getting it are you? fair enough you want Mcpake out the door that’s cool but to even think meggle could do better is just wild correct me if I’m wrong but is he not part of the wider problem

Re read my posts, and maybe you`ll get it.

I have never said meggle would be a better option. But he is an option.

Boris Johnson’s an option in that case
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 22:53

"Why do people consistently make the same point over and over again on multiple threads ?"

Because the folk who don`t like those posts never offer an alternative other than "give it time".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 23:11

Quote:

kelty_par, Sun 28 Jul 22:53

"Why do people consistently make the same point over and over again on multiple threads ?"

Because the folk who don`t like those posts never offer an alternative other than "give it time".

Well that`s just a load of old @rse and you know it.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:39

"anyway we will see what happens with the new German member of the board surprised no one has found it odd that he joined the board shortly after it became obvious that the club was hemorrhaging money under this lot kind of makes you wonder just who’s money it is that’s been invested clearly it’s not any of their own money"

https://x.com/DougChapmanSNP/status/1572582745913839616?lang=en

or he knows Nick Teller from the Billsbrae Solar Farm project, fancied getting involved in the club and now was the right time?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 22:41

Aberdeen get funded by oil and Gas company`s , we could be getting funded by a wind company

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 22:49

Quote:

Kba990309, Mon 29 Jul 22:41

Aberdeen get funded by oil and Gas company`s , we could be getting funded by a wind company

Solar is the sun btw…..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 22:58

And Saltire Energy have (or about to) pull out of sponsoring Aberdeen.

I`d say it`s unlikely there are links between the club and the solar farm. These guys are in to offer advice and maybe make a few quid (unlikely). Apart from Braisby, I don`t think any of the current directors are Pars fans so they won`t put money in unless they expect to get anything back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 00:24

I seem to remember the 4 named investors were representatives of the group, could one or both of the latest additions to the board simply be part of the wider group?

It would be good if the club could fill some of the information vacuum that exists around these guys (and the wider group) otherwise it leaves the door wide open for speculation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 00:56

Clearly, as my earlier posts said, we are having major problems

Players
Already struggling with injuries, goalkeepers - what a farce
Players lack confidence a few lack skill
Many lack enthusiasm

Manager
Lacks variation and tactics
Bought wrong players
Gave lengthy contracts to wrong players
But needs money for rrsourcrs

CEO
Appalling communications, no attempt to keep fans on track
Is he needed. What benefits does he bring
Explanation of club`s financial disaster would be useful. Where has the money,( player sales sponsorship, advertising etc gone)
What model is being used for the next three years

Training ground

6 a good idea, but what`s business/finance_player model is expected to give a return on its investment.

Owners
Thoughts on current situation
Thought for short and long term
Thought on if we get relegated
How much influence on playing style
Hiw much influence on plater buys.
At what point do they throw hand if no return on investment

Probably more but time for bed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 06:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 29 Jul 22:49

Quote:

Kba990309, Mon 29 Jul 22:41

Solar is the sun btw…..

Aye your right lol read it wrong

Keith allan

Post Edited (Tue 30 Jul 08:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:28

I read it wrong too !
Instead of looking at it as a wind company
I saw it as a WIND UP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net