DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 What is the problem?.
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:06

I’m struggling to decide what the problem is to why we are so bad. Is it the awful tactics by mcpake?,the lack of quality in the squad ?or is it the minimal investment from the board. Back when we had Crawford i remember I was so excited by some signings he made such as,Fraser Murray,Ewan Henderson resigning McManus dom Thomas etc. it seemed like the board knew we had to be signing quality to progress even(even though we didn’t really that season). Even if mcpake was given money I’m convinced he would just sign old friends who are prone to an injury or two or play them out of position to where they will have no effect whatsoever. Why can’t Dunfermline attract quality now? Why is it all are targets end up down the road at Raith or elsewhere, it can’t just be because we can’t afford wages I find it hard to believe that Dunfermline can’t compete financially with other teams in the championship.I thought the investment from the Germans would allow us to progress very well into a top championship team/lower premier league team in which we have actually got worse under them. Do they really think that we can do well this season with a squad who is actually worse off than what we had at the end of last season?.It really shows that the owners don’t give a stuff about the club and its fans. We are Dunfermline athletic we shouldn’t be having a 17yr old as the sub goalkeeper, we shouldn’t have such a poor quality and tiny squad aswell. Something rotten is going, but I think it’s hard for us fans to actually put a finger on the main reason for why we are so poor.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Aug 17:07)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: What is the problem?.
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:14

It’s clear the initial investment is gone and we haven’t been able to balance the books. Cutbacks have obviously been made and we are left with a manager out of his depth and a squad that would struggle in league one. We’re heading back to league one and I imagine part time football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:27

Quote:

2004Par, Sat 3 Aug 17:06

I’m struggling to decide what the problem is to why we are so bad. Is it the awful tactics by mcpake?,the lack of quality in the squad ?or is it the minimal investment from the board. Back when we had Crawford i remember I was so excited by some signings he made such as,Fraser Murray,Ewan Henderson resigning McManus dom Thomas etc. it seemed like the board knew we had to be signing quality to progress even(even though we didn’t really that season). Even if mcpake was given money I’m convinced he would just sign old friends who are prone to an injury or two or play them out of position to where they will have no effect whatsoever. Why can’t Dunfermline attract quality now? Why is it all are targets end up down the road at Raith or elsewhere, it can’t just be because we can’t afford wages I find it hard to believe that Dunfermline can’t compete financially with other teams in the championship.I thought the investment from the Germans would allow us to progress very well into a top championship team/lower premier league team in which we have actually got worse under them. Do they really think that we can do well this season with a squad who is actually worse off than what we had at the end of last season?.It really shows that the owners don’t give a stuff about the club and its fans. We are Dunfermline athletic we shouldn’t be having a 17yr old as the sub goalkeeper, we shouldn’t have such a poor quality and tiny squad aswell. Something rotten is going, but I think it’s hard for us fans to actually put a finger on the main reason for why we are so poor.

Crawford hardly set the Heather on fire, things picked up when Calum Davidson joined the coaching team!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:29

It was a spirited decent first half performance without having a cutting edge in front of goal. Second half was absolutely horrendous. We looked really slow and had the obligatory 2 injuries per game. Need investment badly or not only are we getting relegated but might be lower points tally than Brechin City a few years ago.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:31

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 3 Aug 17:14

It’s clear the initial investment is gone and we haven’t been able to balance the books. Cutbacks have obviously been made and we are left with a manager out of his depth and a squad that would struggle in league one. We’re heading back to league one and I imagine part time football.

F*lkirk survived 6 years in the league below without going part time.
I agree we are in freefall and barring the manager suddenly adopting a gung-ho mentality, we are facing a serious battle to remain in this league.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:34

The problem is training and tactics, we look lost.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:39

Investment is lacking, but they way McPake sets them up (formation wise), tactics and playing players out of position is on him and quite frankly I don’t think he knows how to change it or is just too stubborn to

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:43

Done the calculations and, technically, we can’t be relegated until March.

That’s about as positive as I can be, as things stand.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:43

First game of the league season and absolutely no one was optimistic and was looking forward to today. Shows how bad things have become.

Post Edited (Sat 03 Aug 17:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:53

I was looking forward to today as were the crowd in the away end going by the atmosphere prior to and up to the second half.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:59

Whatever it is. It`s an absolute must not lose next week. Let`s get behind the boys for the game against F*****k. It`s the first game of the new season. Even the all that`s amazing Rovers got beat today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:00

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:20

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 3 Aug 18:00

Whatever mistakes they have made or are still making, to suggest the owners and CEO are doing something illegal or are trying to destroy their own investment and CV record is preposterous.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:23

Who mentioned illegal ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:48

Big part of the problem appears to be in an effort to make us a more Professional outfit and to get investment in we beefed up the back room staff at the expense of the Playing staff, we also invested in the academy at the expense of the playing staff.

This meant we needed to get it absolutely right in who our manger was and who we kept and signed, but mcpake cocked that up so we’re effective screwed and hoping players who haven’t previously produced the goods at this level somehow suddenly do.

It’s a perfect storm just now. Failure everywhere.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:58

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 03 Aug 18:00

You are spot on! The fans need to take the club back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:33

Fans taking the club back ended up with us in the third tier for a season !!!

Followed by a very lacklustre season back in the Championship.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:43

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 03 Aug 19:33

Fans taking the club back ended up with us in the third tier for a season !!!

Followed by a very lacklustre season back in the Championship.

I was kind of talking metaphorically - putting pressure on the current owners to sell the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:44

Quote:

summeragent, Sat 3 Aug 18:58
The fans need to take the club back.

I could be wrong, but I suspect you may not be aware of how much effort and anguish it took to Save/Buy/Keep the Pars ten years ago, and how fortunate we were to have the voluntary fundraisers and highly qualified board members and others to keep working for the club for nothing for ten years or so.

If you think you can get that set of circumstances again, good luck.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:33

Wasting most of the available monies on a so called academy and hiring so called professional people to run the club on premier league wages. We also seem to have a manager, assistant manager, goalkeeper coach, warm up coach, two or three others that wander about at the start, physio and god knows how many others down at the academy picking up a wage and of course they are all looking after the smallest squad of first team players in the league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:40

Quote:

Jacko Par42, Sat 3 Aug 17:39

Investment is lacking, but they way McPake sets them up (formation wise), tactics and playing players out of position is on him and quite frankly I don’t think he knows how to change it or is just too stubborn to

which players we
were out of position today ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:18

Comrie (a right back) started at left centre back then moved to left wing back. Hamilton (a midfielder) dropped back to centre back.

Also, Ritchie-Hosler started at right wing back (arguably not his best position)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 02:24

After seeing Breen`s performance I can almost understand why Comrie started at LCB. However, Sam Young is a natural LCB and he cannot get near the team - surly he has to be worth a try?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 07:54

Aye I`m not a fan of Breen. Lacks concentration at this level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:12

The lack of insight from posters on here who attack our German investors, CEO as well as backroom staff and Academy is unbelievable.
You can have opinions on team tactics, style of play etc but to question the motives of the board is ridiculous.
The foundations being put in place now will mean you have a club to support for years to come.
Something that we almost didn`t have 11 years ago.
But then again empty vessels make the most noise and ignorance is bliss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:26

`The foundations being put in place now will mean you have a club to support for years to come.`

Please explain, in detail how we`re more sustainable now that 5 years ago.

We`ve spent a lot of money, added significant ongoing operational costs and whilst non prize money revenue streams have increased slightly i highly doubt they will have touched the sides on the extra spending we`re doing, which is why we can only afford half a first team squad.

It only becomes sustainable IF ongoing large transfer fees start covering these costs and that`s far from a guarantee. Sounds like a massive gamble and not that sustainable to me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sjapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:30

Broken record when some fans come out with “We still have a club “ yes we were in administration years ago , Does that mean you should
just sit back and accept your team losing every week and playing the worst football most have seen at east end for a long time. 3000 season ticks and the other money that comes in should mean we deserve a better product on the
Pitch than this lot we have just now , It’s dire to watch hardly look like scoring a goal .

Sja
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:55

We are defo not a more sustainable club than a few years ago. Unless we expect to suddenly start producing one half million pound youngster every year? That’s impossible as at the moment we couldn’t turn down half that amount for any player. Look at Hamilton, had 2 players come through and they did well out of them then plummeted once that money ran out and haven’t had a decent player come through for 10 years.

It’s a massive gamble with the odds not in our favour. Surely if we get relegated then the likes of cook will be out the door and the grand plan bust.

What happened to getting good youngsters already doing well from the lower leagues? The likes of turner would walk into our team. Our model should be trying to find these types of players (ie Josh) and sell them on not 14- 16 year olds and crossing our fingers when we already know at least 95% wont progress.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:03

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 4 Aug 08:55

We are defo not a more sustainable club than a few years ago. Unless we expect to suddenly start producing one half million pound youngster every year? That’s impossible as at the moment we couldn’t turn down half that amount for any player. Look at Hamilton, had 2 players come through and they did well out of them then plummeted once that money ran out and haven’t had a decent player come through for 10 years.

It’s a massive gamble with the odds not in our favour. Surely if we get relegated then the likes of cook will be out the door and the grand plan bust.

What happened to getting good youngsters already doing well from the lower leagues? The likes of turner would walk into our team. Our model should be trying to find these types of players (ie Josh) and sell them on not 14- 16 year olds and crossing our fingers when we already know at least 95% wont progress.

Does anyone actually know the figure that’s being diverted into an “academy”? Lifeline money only as far as I know.

We therefore should have no issue signing players of at least the level of Partick, Rovers etc if not substantially higher.

Think there’s a lot of myth around the academy spend
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:50

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 4 Aug 08:55

It`s not about producing £500k youngsters it`s about providing players to the first team, said players won`t have cost a fee and will be on reduced wages.

The level of which our homegrown talent is at will be our level. Then it`s down to the coaching staff.

Yes, a £500k transfer will be a bonus, and yes, a premier squad would be nice. But our journey to that point will be organic and sustained.

(If we get there)

Or we just keep chucking money at a dead horse that will probably end up back in the championship again in 5 years time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:13

If we rely on our academy as a major part of building our team... Yeah let`s just pack the club up now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:15

`said players won`t have cost a fee and will be on reduced wages.

The level of which our homegrown talent is at will be our level`

No evidence they`ll cost less, and even if they do, it will only be for a year or so and then they`ll want what any other regular player will cost, if not they`ll go elsewhere, it also comes with a lot more spending on coaches, travel etc. I doubt that money saved will match the money spent.

just accepting our level as being the quality of youth players is a shitty attitude. We need standards and if academy players don`t meet it we need to bring it in from outside.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:23

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 4 Aug 10:15

`said players won`t have cost a fee and will be on reduced wages.

The level of which our homegrown talent is at will be our level`

No evidence they`ll cost less, and even if they do, it will only be for a year or so and then they`ll want what any other regular player will cost, if not they`ll go elsewhere, it also comes with a lot more spending on coaches, travel etc. I doubt that money saved will match the money spent.

just accepting our level as being the quality of youth players is a shitty attitude. We need standards and if academy players don`t meet it we need to bring it in from outside.

In which case then we just do what we have always done, and go through cycles of success and failure. And end up back here at some point but without youth structure and training facilities of our own.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:29

Better to have periods of success and failure than ongoing failure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:42

Quote:

pars4life1, Sun 4 Aug 10:29

Better to have periods of success and failure than ongoing failure.

But you don`t know that will be the case. This season might be absolutely terrible, but the future could still be bright.

We have no devine right to be in the Premier, and if we did make it, we would soon be back here at somepoint.

We have tried the sugar daddy route. We have tried the fan owned route. We have tried to keep up with the Jones route.

We haven`t tried this way.

Fwiw, the sugar daddy route was the best for the supporters but the worst for the club.

Who`s to say this way isn`t the other way about. 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:45

Quote:

weemike, Sat 3 Aug 17:34

The training has to be one of the issues, we have never as far back as I can remember had so many injuries to players at the same time.

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:10

Quote:

Kba990309, Sun 4 Aug 10:45

Quote:

weemike, Sat 3 Aug 17:34

The training has to be one of the issues, we have never as far back as I can remember had so many injuries to players at the same time.

Or being unable to create or score goals from open play. God only knows what happens during the week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:46

Quote:

68guns, Sun 4 Aug 08:12

The lack of insight from posters on here who attack our German investors, CEO as well as backroom staff and Academy is unbelievable.
You can have opinions on team tactics, style of play etc but to question the motives of the board is ridiculous.
The foundations being put in place now will mean you have a club to support for years to come.
Something that we almost didn`t have 11 years ago.
But then again empty vessels make the most noise and ignorance is bliss.

What’s the point in spending millions on training facilities, hundreds of thousands on CEO’s/Commercial Managers/Everything else if we can’t put together a squad of players to compete in the league we’re in? The only reason everything is being questioned is because the level of player has went backwards and the squad is paper thin. As things are we can’t score, we’re leaky at the back and we’ve got relegation written all over us.

How are the club going to afford the completion of the training facilities if we’re only making league 1 money?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 14:00

Quote:

Stanza, Sat 3 Aug 18:20

Quote:

Whatever mistakes they have made or are still making, to suggest the owners and CEO are doing something illegal or are trying to destroy their own investment and CV record is preposterous.

Wow please tell me you don’t honestly think a single penny of their own money has been invested?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:53

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 14:00

Quote:

Quote:

Wow please tell me you don’t honestly think a single penny of their own money has been invested?

Is that question addressed to me? If so, I don`t understand it.

For the record, DAFC Fussball GmbH, which most of the Board members are shareholders in, HAVE invested significant amounts in their initial purchase of shares in DAFC Ltd and their subsequent unsecured, interest-free convertible loan note, as explained to all supporters here.
https://dafc.co.uk/board-statement-11-01-2022/
They may well have put more of their own money into DAFC Ltd since. To suggest that they are setting out deliberately to destroy the club and lose all that money is, I repeat, preposterous.

As far as SergioDuarte`s comment that the DAFC Fussball investors are "dodgy", and his implication about the CEO are not worthy of response.

Nobody is happily clapping the on-field performances or results this season, but tearing ourselves apart with gratuitous insults is not the way forward - the club was only saved a decade ago because everyone was united and pulled in the same direction.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:46

Yes stanza it is directed at you do you honestly think if it was any of their own money that’s been invested that the club would be bleeding money at the rate it has been? pretty sure if it was me I’d be making dam sure that I had a handle on the club finances so that it didn’t lose more money than it was making it’s beginning to look like this lot are so far out their depth in terms of running a football club that the club itself has become rudderless but I’ll keep the info I have on these guys to myself but I suspect I may not be the only person around here that knows the truth it’s just a case of do cook and co have the balls to be up front and honest with us for a change
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:01

BOTN - I have explained why I believe the Board members` own money (and reputation) is at stake, but I only have access to information that is available to all supporters.

if you have any evidence to the contrary, then feel free to share it - otherwise (TBH) it just sounds like a conspiracy theory, sorry.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:17

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 4 Aug 17:53

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sun 4 Aug 14:00

Quote:

Quote:

Is that question addressed to me? If so, I don`t understand it.

For the record, DAFC Fussball GmbH, which most of the Board members are shareholders in, HAVE invested significant amounts in their initial purchase of shares in DAFC Ltd and their subsequent unsecured, interest-free convertible loan note, as explained to all supporters here.
https://dafc.co.uk/board-statement-11-01-2022/
They may well have put more of their own money into DAFC Ltd since. To suggest that they are setting out deliberately to destroy the club and lose all that money is, I repeat, preposterous.

As far as SergioDuarte`s comment that the DAFC Fussball investors are "dodgy", and his implication about the CEO, are not worthy of response.

Nobody is happily clapping the on-field performances or results this season, but tearing ourselves apart with gratuitous insults is not the way forward - the club was only saved a decade ago because everyone was united and pulled in the same direction.

I don’t think hinting at being a tell-tale because someone said something slightly stupid is going to help anyone.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:29

I’m eagerly awaiting the next ceo interview
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:42

I`m eagerly awaiting confirmation of whose money the investors spent?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:02

How many directors have left us in say the last 12 months
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:07

This is already getting to the levels of animosity that McArthur and co were receiving and we all know how that ended……..

Still wish he had stayed on as a financial advisor to this new board 🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:11

You are right, Dave. Ross would not have spent outwith his means
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:11

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sun 4 Aug 21:02

Hopefully there will be more soon ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:13

Quote:

OorWullie, Sun 4 Aug 21:11

Quote:

Where’s our SLO in all of this? He’s only on the board to represent the fans. Can we get him to ask the correct questions and provide the answers?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:19

Quote:

Quote:

Reason for asking would any payments be due to them ,investment return ,shares ,no nothing about this just asking
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:19

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sun 4 Aug 21:13

Where’s our SLO in all of this? He’s only on the board to represent the fans. Can we get him to ask the correct questions and provide the answers?

Information on how to contact the SLO is on the club website.
https://dafc.co.uk/supporter-liaison-officer/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:23

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He posts on here as Kaiser Chief - will have seen all of this…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:52

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 4 Aug 21:23

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I heard he was predicting a riot...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 23:17

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 21:52

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 4 Aug 21:23

I heard he was predicting a riot...

How about [I]"We are the angry mob"[/I] - good summary of .net just now.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net