DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Signings
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 07:42

I know the chances of new signings coming in are very slim but there are still decent players with no clubs at the moment. What is stopping us looking at players like that rather than wait for a loan. Matthew Cudjoe still has no club after leaving Dundee united last season, surely he fits the target profile of a young player who can improve and also fills the gap of a winger for us.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signings
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:25

I`m guessing it`s wages. Cudjoe will be after more than we can pay I suspect.

He`s also tiny - which wouldn`t please a large segment of our fanbase who like big strong guys who can `get stuck in`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:46

Quote:

13en, Thu 8 Aug 07:42

I know the chances of new signings coming in are very slim but there are still decent players with no clubs at the moment. What is stopping us looking at players like that rather than wait for a loan. Matthew Cudjoe still has no club after leaving Dundee united last season, surely he fits the target profile of a young player who can improve and also fills the gap of a winger for us.

It would be great but we don`t play with wingers. We already have KRH who we are playing out of position every week.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:58

I noticed Miles Welch-Hayes wasn’t even on the bench for Livingston. Would take him back if we could get him on loan.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 10:13

We won’t sign miles welch-hayes on a permanent deal, too old and didn’t play at Dundee or st Johnstone previously.

As mentioned above, mcpake needs to change his policy and actually sign players to play in the formation he wants to play, prob too little too late for that now though.

We could probably do with another defender or defensive midfielder to help us hold on for a 0-0 under the current tactics.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammyland1983  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 10:15

I find it incredible that Welch-Hayes doesn`t make their squad at all. I know he was transfer listed by them. He was very popular here. We are playing expecting our current right back to be versatile by also playing on the left and the centre when required and we`ve just left a young right sided defender out on loan.

Post Edited (Thu 08 Aug 10:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 11:48

I would take Miles back. He is a better footballer than Comrie in my opinion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 11:52

I`d have thought Livingston might have been amenable to a loan - gets his wages off their wage bill, he can play against their rivals but not against them - but they may be thinking that someone, maybe from down south, will pay them a transfer fee?

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:10

On premier league money at livi, I’d expect they will want any suitors to pay a portion of his wages……

That rules us out

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:37

The reason we wont get him is because we dont pay wages and he`s on £3k a week! Nuts that he`s earning that and isnt even in their squad. Wasted talent IMO.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:56

We can`t even afford a teenage reserve goalie from Celtic.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:57

all the eggs went into the Wotherspoon basket - hope he`s worth it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 13:05

You his agent, incognito?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:42

Quote:

incognito, Thu 8 Aug 12:37

The reason we wont get him is because we dont pay wages and he`s on £3k a week! Nuts that he`s earning that and isnt even in their squad. Wasted talent IMO.

He`s on nothing near 3k a week!

Where do people get these random numbers 😂

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:57

Not convinced he is better than Comrie, but any signing coming in would be a boost.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:07

Guy on P&B saying our 17 year old reserve keeper has an "illness".

Looks like another weekend with no back up keeper

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:09

Thought our backup keeper was only 15 which is why he wasn`t registered in the league Cup?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:15

Maybe we`ve got more than one `back-up keeper`. Imagine that. For some reason Briggs didn`t seem to be available during the League Cup.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:59

Quote:

Andrew283, Fri 9 Aug 10:09

Thought our backup keeper was only 15 which is why he wasn`t registered in the league Cup?

No, we have a 17 year old who we just decided became good enough to be on bench in League but not in Cup……..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:29

“We are working on a goalkeeper and we are waiting for a decision from his parent club,” explained manager James McPake.
“So, we might have someone in before the weekend, but we will need to see what happens between now and then.
“If not, then we have young Lewis (Briggs) who stepped up to the squad for the Livingston game last weekend.”

It is understood Briggs gave Dunfermline cause for concern this week due to illness.

But it appears the 17-year-old should be fit if a new face is not secured before Saturday afternoon

Courier.

presume Briggs was one of the three keepers in the 30 second training clip on instagram yesterday.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:00

Still an embarrassment we haven’t signed a goalie yet and anyone who says otherwise is probably just a bootlicker for the club

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:40

Quote:

parsfan97, Fri 9 Aug 12:00

Still an embarrassment we haven’t signed a goalie yet and anyone who says otherwise is probably just a bootlicker for the club

They absolutely are.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:41

The suggestion is we`re waiting to hear back from Celtic. If it`s taking that long then we should be looking elsewhere.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:45

Chelsea just signed their 8th goalkeeper today for £17millon-they must have one going spare😅
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:24

Quote:

Andrew283, Fri 9 Aug 12:40

Quote:

parsfan97, Fri 9 Aug 12:00

They absolutely are.

^^^ Not heard anyone saying "otherwise"? 🤔

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:56

It is a bit strange that young Briggs wasn`t on the bench for any of the League Cup games....I do wonder if McPake didn`t select him as he wanted to highlight his concerns about the goalkeeping situation and embarrass the board into making a signing. A bit like how the Doctor issue was raised last week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:05

"embarrass the board into making a signing"

how does that work when the one keeper McPake wants isnt available?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:55

Quote:

GJS93, Fri 9 Aug 14:05

"embarrass the board into making a signing"

how does that work when the one keeper McPake wants isnt available?

I don’t think we know the whole story. There will be happenings that we never find out about. The one thing I do know is that we are desperate for a first team goalkeeper.

Mehmet has turned to jelly and it would be unfair to throw in a young boy.

Mind you Real Madrid threw Cassilas into the deep end and that panned out alright 🤷🏻‍♂️

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 15:06

Mehmet was OK at Livi and his save from a free kick on the edge of the box was `top drawer`. Credit where it`s due.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 15:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 01:34

Quote:

jake89, Fri 9 Aug 12:41

The suggestion is we`re waiting to hear back from Celtic. If it`s taking that long then we should be looking elsewhere.

We have looked elsewhere for 8 months but unfortunately everyone who is offered a free pint in Legends have turned us down
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 01:35

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 9 Aug 15:06

Mehmet was OK at Livi and his save from a free kick on the edge of the box was `top drawer`. Credit where it`s due.

🤩
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 04:47

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 9 Aug 15:06

Excellent - fumbles more than he saves and costs us pretty much a goal a game but credit where its due that he makes 1 decent save a game……
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 07:59

A better goalkeeper might help us in the goals against column but what’s the plan in the goals for column?

There isn’t one. Today will be the same formation and tactics as always. If we’re lucky Kane might start.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:08

The goals we have lost this season aren`t all down to dodgy goalkeeping. Other mistakes are hardly mentioned by comparison.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:19

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 10 Aug 08:08

The goals we have lost this season aren`t all down to dodgy goalkeeping. Other mistakes are hardly mentioned by comparison.

Unfortunately when you`re a keeper your mistakes cost you more than other positions. Unfortunately he has cost us a few times trying to play out from the back.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:28

Playing out from the back that will be coming from the coaching staff. Not defending Memhet never been his biggest fan but play to your strengths. Clear he isn’t good with ball at feet but we continue to do it anyway. Defensively we haven’t been great this season either.

Truth is we are poor in all areas of the park.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:31

Until we look like a team capable of scoring 2 goals in a game to get at least a point we might aswell stick with mehmet.

If we are not prepared to have a go at teams it’s all irrelevant. Setting us up to try and get a 0-0 regardless of who we are playing is not a strategy that will keep you in a job or league for long.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:49

We `had a go` in the first half at Livi last week and probably edged it. Then we lost a poor goal and were chasing the game. I wouldn`t say the defeat was down to negative tactics.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 08:51

Did we chase the game after the goal? We barely had a shot on target 2nd half

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 09:00

The second goal came about because we lost our shape as we tried to get an equaliser but it`s true we didn`t create any clear-cut chances.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 09:14

2nd goal came as Breen was far too high up from the other centre half’s and it only needed a simple through ball

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 13:35

Whats your definition of ‘had a go’ wee eck?

Did we get right in about them and commit men forward with fast direct passing to try and get in behind or did we just keep the ball a bit better than usual?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 14:20

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 10 Aug 08:49

We `had a go` in the first half at Livi last week and probably edged it. Then we lost a poor goal and were chasing the game. I wouldn`t say the defeat was down to negative tactics.

I can`t remember thinking at anytime in the first half at livi that we were going to score goal. We defended well but never going to trouble the keeper.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net