DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bellagambi
Topic Originator: cammyland1983  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 08:54

Goalkeeper Giosue Bellagambi, who we had on trial is now being considered by Rotherham United.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bellagambi
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:02

Did we ever hear how his time at the club ended? Did we offer him a deal which he turned down or didn`t we offer him a deal? The same thing happened with the young NZ lad who featured in the pre-season friendlies. I heard he was offered a trial at Burnley but there was nothing official from the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammyland1983  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:21

I did notice that Flynn Duffy who played for us against East Fife in pre-season has now signed for Inverness.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 10:18

If they were decent I’m assuming it just came down to budget constraints which meant we couldn’t do anything.

Given our current situation, it appears we had players on trial we had no intention of and no feasible way to actually sign?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 12:54

"Did we ever hear how his time at the club ended? Did we offer him a deal which he turned down or didn`t we offer him a deal?"

I believe we offered him a deal but he wanted more than we were willing to pay.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 13:14

That`s what I suspected, Lambo. You would have thought the parameters of a possible deal could have been set before the trial which might have saved everyone time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 13:43

Agreed, wee eck

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 14:08

I suppose it`s possible that parameters were set for a possible deal before the trial but the player`s agent has subsequently come up with an alternative option of a trial at an English League club who, if impressed, are likely to offer better terms than we can. Let`s face it, the Scottish Championship is probably the worst financial option available to full-time players in the UK.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 15:05

Correct wee eck. This is all negotiation and even if we `fixed` the parameters prior to the trial these would be meaningless unless there was a signed, binding agreement.

The club seems to have made a number of blunders in the close season - however that doesn`t mean that every player who doesn`t sign is because the club screwed things up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 22:09

Blair Alston signs for Stenhousemuir

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 22:12

We need a 2nd keeper but 2/3 players in the team surely are a priority?
At the end of the day looks like McPake will just have to do with the team we have so🤷🤷🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:28

I know Little wasn`t brilliant but begs the question why we got rid of him with no replacement in mind. Considering he has signed for an Irish team I doubt he`d be asking for mental wages.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:13

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 9 Aug 10:28

I know Little wasn`t brilliant but begs the question why we got rid of him with no replacement in mind. Considering he has signed for an Irish team I doubt he`d be asking for mental wages.

He probably wanted to leave, knowing no matter how bad Mehmet played, he still wasn`t getting a shout.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:27

he wanted to leave last summer and McPake`s views on him from last week.....

"When Max Little came in, we took a chance on him. The levels between Den and Max were vastly different. That’s no disrespect to Max. With the level Den can train and play at compared to Max, we want to bridge that a bit, or get someone in we believe can be as good as Deniz"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:05

“ As good as Deniz “ sounds like he has lost the plot

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:29

Quote:

GJS93, Fri 9 Aug 11:27

he wanted to leave last summer and McPake`s views on him from last week.....

"When Max Little came in, we took a chance on him. The levels between Den and Max were vastly different. That’s no disrespect to Max. With the level Den can train and play at compared to Max, we want to bridge that a bit, or get someone in we believe can be as good as Deniz"

But we haven`t and left us in a massively difficult position if Denis gets injured or sent off.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:52

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 9 Aug 13:29

But we haven`t and left us in a massively difficult position if Denis gets injured or sent off.

Right but they had to make the decision on Little some time ago and expected to have someone in of a higher calibre. Nothing wrong with the decision to let Little go.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 16:12

Quote:

fcda, Fri 9 Aug 13:52

Quote:

Right but they had to make the decision on Little some time ago and expected to have someone in of a higher calibre. Nothing wrong with the decision to let Little go.

Looks for high calibre player...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 18:51

Quote:

fcda, Fri 9 Aug 13:52

Quote:

So if we made the decision "some time ago" surely we would have had a list of 2 or 3. we are not going into our second game of the season and still don`t have a suitable replacement.

There is no reason we couldn`t have kept him while looking for another keeper.

We must be the only club in Scotland including junior teams who don`t have a second choice keeper.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 18:54

Why would Little have stayed if he knew we were looking for another keeper to replace him?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 19:41

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 9 Aug 18:51

So if we made the decision "some time ago" surely we would have had a list of 2 or 3. we are not going into our second game of the season and still don`t have a suitable replacement.

We must be the only club in Scotland including junior teams who don`t have a second choice keeper.

We probably [I]did[/I] have a list. Few on here know for sure. McPake has previous for being over ambitious with his targets. Maybe that`s the case here.

I`m not saying this is a good situation, just that your suggestions aren`t viable, unless we have a bigger squad/budget that means we can sign a player "just in case".

There are many reasons why it might not have been possible to keep Little while looking. We`ve seen the registration issues that make it difficult to have a player on a short term deal.

And of course, the player might not want to hang around knowing we`re looking for a replacement.

If we get through the next few games and manage to get a keeper that can challenge Mehmet in the near future, McPake`s gamble will have paid off. Time will tell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 21:21

Quote:

fcda, Fri 9 Aug 19:41

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 9 Aug 18:51

We probably [I]did[/I] have a list. Few on here know for sure. McPake has previous for being over ambitious with his targets. Maybe that`s the case here.

I`m not saying this is a good situation, just that your suggestions aren`t viable, unless we have a bigger squad/budget that means we can sign a player "just in case".

There are many reasons why it might not have been possible to keep Little while looking. We`ve seen the registration issues that make it difficult to have a player on a short term deal.

And of course, the player might not want to hang around knowing we`re looking for a replacement.

If we get through the next few games and manage to get a keeper that can challenge Mehmet in the near future, McPake`s gamble will have paid off. Time will tell.

Except we have probably lost 100k by not qualifying for the later stages of the league cup .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 21:41

I looked at last season earning from prize money and compared to others roundabout is in the championship, it was poor. Early exits in both cups meant we were earning less overall than Morton if memory serves me well which it usually doesn’t.

If anyone wants a look back Pie and bovril published it.

COYP

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 21:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 23:21

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Fri 9 Aug 21:21

Except we have probably lost 100k by not qualifying for the later stages of the league cup .

Are you blaming that on not signing a replacement for Max Little?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net