DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Our academy and training hub
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:47

No sure if I`ve missed a thread about it or not, but why when we have purvis, kdm, braisby and srj are they not getting together to sort out the building so the academy can be used right instead of cabins being used?. Could all these company`s not say well instead of us giving DAFC all hard cash we will give you work force and materials to get it done.?? Also alloa do it with scaffolding for a stand why can`t that be done so the reseves can play there.???

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Our academy and training hub
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 10:56

Should have put a 4g down at EEP and saved a whole lot of hassle. Ready made facilities, changing rooms, gym, catering, all on site. Could have been done at start of last season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 11:02

The club is waiting on a grant for the building I heard and work will not start until next year.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:23

Might have a few issues involving Braisby Roofing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:50

Quote:

jake89, Fri 9 Aug 12:23

Why should suppliers feel different to supporters just now? I’m sure the club can alienate them the same way. The sponsors you mention all spend money on boards, advertising and commercial things as far as I can see.

As for Braisby he/they are very much involved, he didn’t mention any specific business. They are doing regular free work at EEP so I’m sure they’ve committed to support. Issue will be with Purvis as rumour is there coming out altogether

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 12:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 13:27

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Fri 9 Aug 12:50

Quote:

jake89, Fri 9 Aug 12:23

Why should suppliers feel different to supporters just now? I’m sure the club can alienate them the same way. The sponsors you mention all spend money on boards, advertising and commercial things as far as I can see.

As for Braisby he/they are very much involved, he didn’t mention any specific business. They are doing regular free work at EEP so I’m sure they’ve committed to support. Issue will be with Purvis as rumour is there coming out altogether

I`ve heard the same about purvis who do put a lot of money in each year i believe.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:19

Fair enough, can utilise contacts but this is already going on and there`s only so many favours you can ask, especially when the "cause" benefits another groups of shareholders.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:39

The thought I had recently was why didn’t they develop McKane Park? They were training there anyway. Between the cricket club, the rugby club and the squash club they could have split the bill a little or maybe the pars could have got a cut of the memebers fees, profits from behind the bars etc

It could also have solidified sports facilities in Dunfermline. Given back to the community a little.

During Jim Leishmanns first stint as manager we had 13,000 avg attendance and if you ask him, a lot of that was because how much the club was doing for the community and surrounding areas.

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 14:42

Btw KDM, Braisby etc have all been doing things for the club for years, even things that fans never hear of.

I’m pretty sure it was a consortium of DAFC board members who financed, built and now maintain certain blocks of flats which now seem to house a lot of young professional footballers.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 19:05

Quote:

NMCmassive, Fri 9 Aug 14:39

The thought I had recently was why didn’t they develop McKane Park? They were training there anyway. Between the cricket club, the rugby club and the squash club they could have split the bill a little or maybe the pars could have got a cut of the memebers fees, profits from behind the bars etc

It could also have solidified sports facilities in Dunfermline. Given back to the community a little.

During Jim Leishmanns first stint as manager we had 13,000 avg attendance and if you ask him, a lot of that was because how much the club was doing for the community and surrounding areas.

That`s a misleading figure though dude. Propped up by several attendances close to 20k with over half the attendance being old firm.

We had around 6 to 7k average home support that season. Still impressive of course.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 19:18

Pretty sure our first season in PL with Leishman we averaged just over 10k…3rd highest in league..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 19:49

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 9 Aug 19:05

Quote:

NMCmassive, Fri 9 Aug 14:39

That`s a misleading figure though dude. Propped up by several attendances close to 20k with over half the attendance being old firm.

We had around 6 to 7k average home support that season. Still impressive of course.

It’s not misleading at all.

87/88 we had an average attendance of 7,500. We beat Celtic 2-1 at home in the league that season.

88/89 onwards until he left we had an average attendance of 13,000

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 20:01

87/88 we had an average home attendance of just over 10k.

89/90 we had an average home attendance of just under 13k.

Hugely inflated by having a stadium that could hold 20k at the time. My point is that 4 times in that season we had over 10k away fans. Hearts and Aberdeen used to bring thousands and thousands too. Changed days.

I`m not being obtuse at all, it`s just not correct to say we had a home support that averaged five figures. We just didn`t. It was definitely a lot higher than everything we`ve had since, I`m not diminishing it at all. I`m just a dick when it comes to numerical accuracy 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 20:23

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 9 Aug 20:01

87/88 we had an average home attendance of just over 10k.

89/90 we had an average home attendance of just under 13k.

Hugely inflated by having a stadium that could hold 20k at the time. My point is that 4 times in that season we had over 10k away fans. Hearts and Aberdeen used to bring thousands and thousands too. Changed days.

I`m not being obtuse at all, it`s just not correct to say we had a home support that averaged five figures. We just didn`t. It was definitely a lot higher than everything we`ve had since, I`m not diminishing it at all. I`m just a dick when it comes to numerical accuracy 😂

Walking down Halbeath Road Episode 15 Jim Leishman - you’ll get it on Spotify

Fast forward to 24mins

Maybe you should message Mikey Mlotkiewicz and dispute his numbers.

Also I would say the numbers aren’t inflated by having a bigger stadium. The numbers are capped by having a smaller stadium.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 20:35

ParsDatabase online has all the attendances in black and white, pardon the pun.

I`m not arguing in the slightest about how incredible the Leishman era is and what he meant for the club and town and the phenomenal affect he had on attendances.

But we never averaged close to 13k home supporters. It`s miles off that. Away supports for Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen were huge back then. Many, many different factors.

Go back and look at footage of the home end when we played Rangers and Celtic - hundreds and hundreds of away fans in the home end behind the goal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 20:57

If we were in the Premier League now our average attendance would be 30% higher than currently - and that wouldnt be because of a home crowd increase. It would be having Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and 1 or 2 Dundee teams bringing big away supports.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net