DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Otoo
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:39

Stevenage have made an approach for Otoo, Crawley Town have had 2 bids turned down,
We have told Stevenage that we dont want to part with him
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Otoo
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:46

Sell Otoo, for the pittance on offer and we`re even worse. What would be the logic of that. He was posted missing at the first goal today, got himself booked but then came on to a bit of a game. He deserves his place in the team. If we sold him who would we replace him with.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:50

Losing Otoo would just be another in a long line of disasters this season , can,t
blame him if he wants to move on .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 22:58

If the fee is big enough it could potentially pay the wages of three or four new signings for the season….. that would be tempting earlier in the window when there were more players without a club….. now though? I don’t think there is the talent pool of available players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jealous Furniture  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:00

I`d imagine Otoo is getting pissed off about having to cover in defence because of our car crash of a squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:03

Can actually be a curse being versatile. Arguably at fault for 1st goal and likewise for the 2nd, in the build up at least.

Which is a harsh reality as i thought he kept Morrison relatively quiet once he got to grips from the early booking.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:08

The lad is an absolute quality player and should be encouraged going forward, but is not a left back. He doesn’t have the vision of a player considering the overlaps. Fabulous player but not a genuine left back.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:14

Quote:

Never10yairds, Sat 10 Aug 22:58

If the fee is big enough it could potentially pay the wages of three or four new signings for the season….. that would be tempting earlier in the window when there were more players without a club….. now though? I don’t think there is the talent pool of available players.

Probably not,Board will not make the money avaliable Is my guess
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:25

Knowing the charlatans in charge, we’d sell Otoo and use the funds to make McPake & Mackay players and probably sign Jim Leishman on a short term deal tae. Anything to avoid signing actual players.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:45

Can see us selling Otoo and the cash just disappearing. No replacement will be signed and that’ll be that.

That’s just what we’ve come to expect now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:53

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Sat 10 Aug 23:45

Can see us selling Otoo and the cash just disappearing. No replacement will be signed and that’ll be that.

That’s just what we’ve come to expect now.

Tend to agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 05:57

He’s still raw but he is 100% the one with the highest potential in our squad. Pretty much our only sellable asset we have left, maybe harsh on Todd but nobody is going to pay a fee for a player who is constantly injured. We have to hang onto him until atleast January.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:16

£150k and he’ll be gone, well depending on if anything due to Celtic.

We could use that money to bring in the likes of Stevie may….

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 09:09

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 10 Aug 23:08

The lad is an absolute quality player and should be encouraged going forward, but is not a left back. He doesn’t have the vision of a player considering the overlaps. Fabulous player but not a genuine left back.

He was getting caught out in the first half - their no7? was pretty rapid - but I thought he adjusted and kept him fairly quiet in the 2nd half.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 09:13

Quote:

fcda, Sun 11 Aug 09:09

Quote:

parsmad68, Sat 10 Aug 23:08

He was getting caught out in the first half - their no7? was pretty rapid - but I thought he adjusted and kept him fairly quiet in the 2nd half.

Morrison was giving him real bother first half. Getting booked so early wasn’t great but he handled it really well.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 09:32

I thought Otoo ended up our best player after suffering that early booking. He hasn`t been great this season but he looked more like himself yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:08

I was worried for him after being caught out and booked in the first 5 minutes (flashbacks of him being done out there v Forfar came to mind) but recovered and had a better 2nd half.

Prefer him in the middle of the park as he is one of our few players who can carry the ball forwards, but with the lack of depth he’s the player most likely to move out to that left side in place of Ngwenya.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:41

Folk saying he had a better 2nd half clearly forget he made an absolute meal of his clearance that lead to the penalty……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:04

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 10 Aug 22:46

Sell Otoo, for the pittance on offer and we`re even worse. What would be the logic of that. He was posted missing at the first goal today, got himself booked but then came on to a bit of a game. He deserves his place in the team. If we sold him who would we replace him with.

McCann was totally dreaming at the first goal, Otoo was marking his man, after been booked early doors McCann should have been helping him.
Otoo was probably our best player in the match, though would have been better in midfield!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:10

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 11 Aug 11:04

Quote:

McCann was totally dreaming at the first goal, Otoo was marking his man, after been booked early doors McCann should have been helping him.
Otoo was probably our best player in the match, though would have been better in midfield!

I disagree, McCann would`ve been instructed to get high and wide when we have the ball. With Mehmet having the ball at his feet, it should be a standard build of play from the back. If anything otoo should`ve been further left awaiting a pass from Mehmet.

It was a comedy of errors starting from the clearance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:57

He is still young and learning. Like everyone else he will make mistakes. I thought he played well yesterday even though it`s not his natural position. If you think about it, he is playing that position because we don`t have the depth in the squad, so see no reason to criticise his performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steve mcgregor  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:03

Quote:

The money that fans pay into the centenary club every month would pay for 4 players wages. The board have no right to take that money and use it for the academy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:07

Quote:

Steve mcgregor, Sun 11 Aug 12:03

Quote:

The money that fans pay into the centenary club every month would pay for 4 players wages. The board have no right to take that money and use it for the academy.

I suspect the Centenary Club members will have agreed to it ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:14

Quote:

Tenruh, Sun 11 Aug 12:07

Quote:

Quote:

I suspect the Centenary Club members will have agreed to it ?

Lifeline members didn`t agree to that being diverted into the Academy. That`s what, 10-20k a month being drained from the playing squad. At least 3 players on a good wage
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:16

The club want to develop a player training model. If they receive an offer for Otoo that meets or is above their valuation of the player then they should sell him. In the short-term it will weaken the team further, but the long-term benefits might kick in quicker when young players see they can come to the club and earn a bigger move relatively quickly.

The flip side of this is that the club should already know who their next Otoo & Edwards (or Kevin Nisbet) are before the sell these players (succession planning). Unfortunately, that`s where the model maybe ineffective at this point in time as I don`t believe the club have the resources or skill set to achieve this part of the process.

Also, an interesting point is neither of these players were developed through the club`s academy and shows a much quicker, cheaper and more successful way of achieving what the Investors seem to want to do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:23

The academy is an interesting one as we needed additional funding for a spade to be put in the ground so how much are we actually paying? As it seems to be the excuse for everything without any evidence of us funding it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:32

Quote:

weemike, Sun 11 Aug 11:10

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree, McCann would`ve been instructed to get high and wide when we have the ball. With Mehmet having the ball at his feet, it should be a standard build of play from the back. If anything otoo should`ve been further left awaiting a pass from Mehmet.

Just watched highlights, Otoo was drawn into central position by Morrison, who he was marking, leaving space down the left. McCann failed to pick up the runner!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:42

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 11 Aug 12:32

Quote:

weemike, Sun 11 Aug 11:10

Quote:

Quote:

Just watched highlights, Otoo was drawn into central position by Morrison, who he was marking, leaving space down the left. McCann failed to pick up the runner!

McCann can`t be in Two places at once. With possession he will be told to get high and wide. Otoo was drawn towards a central man when Bene was free to pick him up.

The point is we had the ball and set up in possession accordingly. Mehmet gives the ball away cheaply, and then it`s a scramble to try and find a man and pick him up.

You can`t and shouldn`t be marking players when we have possession.

It`s an absolute joke of a goal to lose. But no way is McCann liable for that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 13:07

If you`re playing a 5 ATB formation, your strikers should NOT have to track back to cover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:15

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 11 Aug 13:07

If you`re playing a 5 ATB formation, your strikers should NOT have to track back to cover.

We were playing 4 at the time.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:25

Let’s face it if mehmet clears the Ball as he should have to their half there wouldn’t have been a problem

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:37

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with this. That money is for survival, not progression. It is needed for survival now.
This is definitely a topic I think should be highlighted to the board.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 16:26

Otoo should always be played in midfield as him and Matty Todd are the only midfielders we have at present who can drive the team forward with their runs. He should not be sold at the moment as I think his value will greatly increase as he steadily improves. McPake really needs to get the players playing in their best positions and let them settle into them regardless of injuries.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 17:01

I liked when we had Otoo and Hammy sitting in front of back line. We were combative and hard. With Matty Todd running in front of them and Josh Edward’s on one side and KRH on the other we looked quick and powerful. We can get back to something like that but we need everyone fit and at match fitness which is a real problem for us just now.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsAreTheLoveOfMyLife  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 17:23

Otoo`s representatives have been putting the feelers out to clubs down south. No coincidence that we`re hearing of offers coming in. The place is not a happy one right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 20:04

We can’t afford to lose Otoo with the squad we have at the moment. We’d be as well chucking in the towel now if we did.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net