DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The intelligence of pars fans
Topic Originator: ohaye  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:26

Severely lacking at times

Genuinely wonder what goes through peoples heads.

Mehmet kicks a ball from a goal kick 50 yards down the middle of the park (which admittedly goes to a Falkirk player) & some absolute idiot next to me blames the keeper for a p*sh kick out.

Keeper clears the half way line but it’s somehow his fault & not the fault of any of the 10 pars outfield players who didn’t challenge for the ball.

Honestly think some people are happy to see players make mistakes so it gives them something to moan about. Just stay at home ffs

Pathetic

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The intelligence of pars fans
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 23:51

Mehmets distribution today was terrible. There was the one he played it to them for their goal. He then threw a ball out to one of theirs and then later chasing the ball into the corner he gave them the ball back when it was screaming out for being put into the stands.

For every good save he’s making three mistakes

COYP

Post Edited (Sat 10 Aug 23:53)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ohaye  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 00:07

I don’t disagree & whilst I’m not making excuses for mistakes, my point wasn’t necessarily about Mehmet in particular. It was about the general attitude of pars fans articulated through that moment.

Anyone who thinks a ball landing in the centre of the opposition half from a goal kick not being challenged by a pars player is the keepers fault shouldn’t be watching football, certainly not at this level, because they clearly don’t understand the game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 00:24

I know it can be frustrating listening to some folk. A young guy sitting around us shouts crazy stuff every game. He got really angry at Otoo for not moving enough for one of our throw ins today, while Comrie was facing the other direction with the ball.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 00:42

Root cause of that 1st goal came from Mehmets terrible clearance
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 05:57

It is no secret we have a brain-dead support. Our support used to think Lee Bullen and Scott Thompson were exceptional players.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 06:07

Quote:

ohaye, Sun 11 Aug 00:07

I don’t disagree & whilst I’m not making excuses for mistakes, my point wasn’t necessarily about Mehmet in particular. It was about the general attitude of pars fans articulated through that moment.

Anyone who thinks a ball landing in the centre of the opposition half from a goal kick not being challenged by a pars player is the keepers fault shouldn’t be watching football, certainly not at this level, because they clearly don’t understand the game.

Mehmets clearance never even reached the halfway line and landed at the feet of an opposing player with acres of space.

Fans 100% correct to give him pelters. It`s almost like we give teams a goal of a start.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 06:21

Blame the board, blame the players, oh and the fans are thick as ****. This forum is a joy,

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 06:22

Quote:

NMCmassive, Sat 10 Aug 23:51

For every good save he’s making three mistakes

This. He’s capable of a wonder save every game, however every other part of his game is absolutely honking. The clearance for the goal was poor, he was under pressure so just put it into the stands. The throw in the second half which landed at a Falkirk player, about 20 yards short of KRH, was embarrassing.

He epitomises our current position. He’s so clearly not good enough to be a starter every week, but it’s what we’ve got.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 07:31

Quote:

DNCH, Sun 11 Aug 05:57

It is no secret we have a brain-dead support. Our support used to think Lee Bullen and Scott Thompson were exceptional players.

Wow! What we would give for 2 players like that in our team now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:12

Quote:

I`d probably have Nipper over any of our players currently, in any position. What a load of guff
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:36

Quote:

You’re right, we’re all brain dead. Especially considering we keep blindly pumping money into the club and seeing it disappear. We’re getting shafted.

Both those players would stroll that game yesterday.

Funny all these new posters popping up to defend the club. Have we not seen this all before 🤔 ?

And btw it is Scott Thomson not Scott Thompson.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 08:37

Maybe he`s referring to the goalkeeper version with the Y middle initial ?

Scott "Nipper Thomson was a consistently good player, with over 300 club appearances.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Aug 08:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 09:58

Scott Thomson and Lee Bullen would walk into any Pars team we`ve had since they both left.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:19

Quote:

You’re certainly brain-dead anyway!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:09

The first goal came because there was no marking on the left.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:34

I wouldn`t say Pars fans are thick. They`re frustrated and angry. It doesn`t take a Nobel Prize winner to realise how much of a mess things are. They`re easily fixed with an injection of cash but before doing that they need to identify the key issues or it`s just more money down the toilet.

As much as people criticise our CEO and commercial manager, I`d argue they likely cover their wages with all the additional revenue from advertising and the like. However, as I`ve said before, whether this is MORE than we`d have if the work was being done part-time or by volunteers is debatable.

I don`t think McPake is the guy for this club. He`s lost his spark and that transfers into the players too. I`ve been in that position and it`s a hard one to accept but sometimes it`s better to just walk.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:45

Quote:

Sheffield Wednesday fans must be the same then as they voted Bullen as the best captain in their history.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:48

Didn’t the likes of Scott Thomson and Lee Bullen get us to cup finals? Be competitive against the old firm? I’m pretty sure they’ve got victories against Rangers? No sure about Celtic of the top of my head…

Back then Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie were where we were travelling every other week.

This season we’re going to the Excelsior, Cappielow and Starks park all with the expectation of getting pumped.

So aye, compared to now-they were exceptional

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:50

Quote:

jake89, Sun 11 Aug 11:34

I wouldn`t say Pars fans are thick. They`re frustrated and angry. It doesn`t take a Nobel Prize winner to realise how much of a mess things are. They`re easily fixed with an injection of cash but before doing that they need to identify the key issues or it`s just more money down the toilet.

As much as people criticise our CEO and commercial manager, I`d argue they likely cover their wages with all the additional revenue from advertising and the like. However, as I`ve said before, whether this is MORE than we`d have if the work was being done part-time or by volunteers is debatable.

I don`t think McPake is the guy for this club. He`s lost his spark and that transfers into the players too. I`ve been in that position and it`s a hard one to accept but sometimes it`s better to just walk.

Ok, what additional revenue has been brought in from advertising and the like and can you put a figure on it ?
We are very lucky that the owners of KDM are big Pars fans

Post Edited (Sun 11 Aug 12:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 12:55

I did note that one and possibly two of the hospitality boxes were empty. The two closest to the Cowden end

If correct, how can we not fill these against our deadly rivals ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:37

There is a group of middle aged men in the main stand right at the end who stand the whole game and shout obscenities at the players for 90 mins.

Right beside a group 0f 8/9 year old wee lassies its really disgraceful stuff what comes out these morons mouths.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 15:16

As far as I`m aware there is only ONE Pars fan on the board and we can`t rely on him for funds (not taking away from all the work and money the family has put in over the years but he`s one guy!).

In terms of additional revenue I`m referring to greater use if advertising boards, boards on the side of the main stand, boards on the site by the garages, sale of the stadium sponsorship to KDM, the fan zone and better strip deal. I`ve no figures for any of this but assume it`s more than we were receiving before. As mentioned, it depends on if this additional money exceeds the pay of the people behind it all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 16:33

Quote:

Football_Par, Sun 11 Aug 14:37

There is a group of middle aged men in the main stand right at the end who stand the whole game and shout obscenities at the players for 90 mins.

Right beside a group 0f 8/9 year old wee lassies its really disgraceful stuff what comes out these morons mouths.

Sounds like they’re standing in the wrong part of the stadium. Maybe move them to part of the Norrie opposite to the family section and they can shout what the want. Probably for less money.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 20:29

Topic Originator: jake89
Date: Sun 11 Aug 15:16

As far as I`m aware there is only ONE Pars fan on the board and we can`t rely on him for funds (not taking away from all the work and money the family has put in over the years but he`s one guy!).

By my count, there are 4 at least - Billy Braisby, Drew Main, Ian Laing and David Cook himself.

In terms of additional revenue I`m referring to greater use if advertising boards, boards on the side of the main stand, boards on the site by the garages, sale of the stadium sponsorship to KDM, the fan zone and better strip deal. I`ve no figures for any of this but assume it`s more than we were receiving before. As mentioned, it depends on if this additional money exceeds the pay of the people behind it all.

I`m pretty sure it is significantly more revenue than before. But the point is that these guys do lots of other work as well, some or all of which used to be done for nothing by the previous board members and others, who all did it free of charge as volunteers. We were extremely fortunate as a club to have had all these talented people giving their time and expertise for free in the past decade, and that isn`t going to happen again - unless there is a previously unannounced group of skilled volunteers who have been waiting in the wings for the chance to give their services for free!

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 22:10

I imagine volunteers either aren`t needed (if we`re paying someone) or don`t want to volunteer under the current ownership? It seems lots of money coming in but also lots going out and presumably at least some of that could be picked up by volunteers if helpful. I`m sure there are loads of students at Fife College who could improve the website, generate improved content and give valuable insights in terms of business management and marketing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 22:54

RM DAFC

Post Edited (Sun 11 Aug 22:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 00:13

Topic Originator: jake89 like
Date: Sun 11 Aug 22:10

I imagine volunteers either aren`t needed (if we`re paying someone) or don`t want to volunteer under the current ownership?

It`s not as easy to get volunteers with the requisite skills and experience to run a football club as you seem to think. The initial "Pars United" board a decade ago was stack full of experienced business men and women who had all been successful in the fields of finance, commerce, accountancy, retail, construction etc, and even they freely admitted that running a football club was like nothing they had ever experienced - effectively they learned on the job and put in the hard hours for a decade or so. We were incredibly fortunate to have them, as well as all the other non-Board volunteers, several of whom were also highly qualified and/or technically skilled in their various roles. But everyone is a lot older now!

It seems lots of money coming in but also lots going out and presumably at least some of that could be picked up by volunteers if helpful.

There are still volunteers doing various important work for the club and associated groups in the Pars family, but a constant problem is the shortage of volunteers - quite reasonably, most people put their own family, careers and health before the needs of a football club.

Plus, if you are the club owner (in our case DAFC Fussball GmbH) I think you would much rather have an employee you can instruct to do something, rather than a volunteer you could only ask, and who can just walk away if they disagree.

I`m sure there are loads of students at Fife College who could improve the website, generate improved content and give valuable insights in terms of business management and marketing.

Yes, that`s probably true - but a student is just that, and the quality of his/her output has to be judged by someone with experience in the field - presumably another qualified(?) volunteer. I can`t immediately find the reference, but I`m sure there was a statement to a supporters` meeting about an intern being sponsored for 6 months to do some work, I just can`t recall what it was!

I`m not knocking the idea of volunteers doing work for the club - believe me, I know what it entails. But as well as performing the role of owners on behalf of the fans, the "original" board members also did day-to-day management functions at the club. There is no practical way of Hamburg-based Board members being able to do both of these functions, so even if you have volunteers to do some things you will still need paid staff to recruit, manage and replace them.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Aug 00:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DNCH  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 04:41

Good grief, you lot are mean. I was making a joke.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 06:57

Quote:

Stanza, Mon 12 Aug 00:13

Topic Originator: jake89 like
Date: Sun 11 Aug 22:10

I imagine volunteers either aren`t needed (if we`re paying someone) or don`t want to volunteer under the current ownership?

It`s not as easy to get volunteers with the requisite skills and experience to run a football club as you seem to think. The initial "Pars United" board a decade ago was stack full of experienced business men and women who had all been successful in the fields of finance, commerce, accountancy, retail, construction etc, and even they freely admitted that running a football club was like nothing they had ever experienced - effectively they learned on the job and put in the hard hours for a decade or so. We were incredibly fortunate to have them, as well as all the other non-Board volunteers, several of whom were also highly qualified and/or technically skilled in their various roles. But everyone is a lot older now!

It seems lots of money coming in but also lots going out and presumably at least some of that could be picked up by volunteers if helpful.

There are still volunteers doing various important work for the club and associated groups in the Pars family, but a constant problem is the shortage of volunteers - quite reasonably, most people put their own family, careers and health before the needs of a football club.

Plus, if you are the club owner (in our case DAFC Fussball GmbH) I think you would much rather have an employee you can instruct to do something, rather than a volunteer you could only ask, and who can just walk away if they disagree.

I`m sure there are loads of students at Fife College who could improve the website, generate improved content and give valuable insights in terms of business management and marketing.

Yes, that`s probably true - but a student is just that, and the quality of his/her output has to be judged by someone with experience in the field - presumably another qualified(?) volunteer. I can`t immediately find the reference, but I`m sure there was a statement to a supporters` meeting about an intern being sponsored for 6 months to do some work, I just can`t recall what it was!

I`m not knocking the idea of volunteers doing work for the club - believe me, I know what it entails. But as well as performing the role of owners on behalf of the fans, the "original" board members also did day-to-day management functions at the club. There is no practical way of Hamburg-based Board members being able to do both of these functions, so even if you have volunteers to do some things you will still need paid staff to recruit, manage and replace them.

Very good post Stanza.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net