DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Business sustainability
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:32

How many business’ can sustain themselves when they lose 20% of their customers? Not many I would think.
DAFC will be losing many fans soon if they don’t address the 1st team issues pronto. Many fans are already saying they have had enough and we are only two league games into the season !
I like many others will find something else to do on a Saturday rather than subject myself to watching utter dross week in week out.

Board members, management will, I am sure have an occasional look on this site and EEB and see the same sentiments.

We were promised a “ busy summer “. WTF did than mean exactly ? Many fans thought it meant a good few new faces being brought in…..Season tickets were bought in good faith and we have been sold a pup…they dangled a carrot to get the season tickets sold knowing full well that the first team was going to be hamstrung.
Fans will vote with their feet as fans of all clubs do when we feel we are being taken for mugs.

If the obvious problem is not addressed very soon then we are almost certainly going down. The money has to be found to keep us in this league this season and a complete overhaul is required or it will be the same next season, possibly in league one.

Mr Cook, Mr Meggle et al , act now or your seven year plan will be blown out the water.. we will be hemorrhaging money whilst playing part time teams in league one. Nightmare scenario…..Don’t think many will be impressed with a training pitch if that comes to pass.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Business sustainability
Topic Originator: Pibroch  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 19:51

Good post, couldn`t agree more. Scunnered with it all right now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 20:13

Aye, good post

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 13:32

I have had no problems with the board’s concept of a long term plan for success and sustainability based around youth and home grown talent but surely you do from a position of strength with a first team playing well and improving. To attempt this with a very light squad and a team struggling is madness bringing youngsters into a struggling team just destroys their confidence. Bottom line is the first team HAS to be the priority above any other plans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 13:45

There is no point having a good youth system unless it complements a successful first team, and you are in a position where you can sell for £££.

When did anyone playing Scottish League One go for good money?

Players from the lower leagues go for peanuts. Or leave for free and the club gets a development fee.

Relegation will surely be a disaster for this seven year plan, so investment needs to go towards the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 13:54

I am pretty sure the board will release additional money for a few additional players but will they make the funds available in time and if they do is McPake the man to make the decision of who to sign as most of his signings and resigning has been average at best and in more than a few cases woeful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 15:51

It’s really disappointing to see our board lacking real ambition to get us promoted as they use our club as a cash cow for God knows what as they sell our talent but don’t replace them.
To just survive in this league is not on but that seems to be the ambition for the foreseeable future.
I was pleased to see McPake not getting it from the fans on Saturday but the real people who aren’t backing him with cash up front.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 16:11

Topic Originator: Par4ages like
Date: Mon 12 Aug 13:32

I have had no problems with the board’s concept of a long term plan for success and sustainability based around youth and home grown talent but surely you do from a position of strength with a first team playing well and improving. To attempt this with a very light squad and a team struggling is madness bringing youngsters into a struggling team just destroys their confidence. Bottom line is the first team HAS to be the priority above any other plans

As you say above …Doing it from a position of strength is/was the way. Relegation under Hughes ultimately blow a hole in the plans. I think a pause is needed now with all available funds going to 1st team for this season as a minimum. We have the training pitch so that’s a bonus but everything else at Rosyth should be paused.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 17:24

Quote:

Par4ages, Mon 12 Aug 13:54

I am pretty sure the board will release additional money for a few additional players but will they make the funds available in time and if they do is McPake the man to make the decision of who to sign as most of his signings and resigning has been average at best and in more than a few cases woeful.

I’m not sure they will but if they did, you’d be harsh to judge McPake this time around when it’ll essentially be slim pickings/best of the litter left behind by other teams who were more proactive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 17:41

"It’s really disappointing to see our board lacking real ambition to get us promoted as they use our club as a cash cow for God knows what as they sell our talent but don’t replace them."

Cash cow ?

How does that work - hasn`t the club been making trading losses over the last few seasons ?

Post Edited (Mon 12 Aug 17:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 21:48

Quote:

veteraneastender, Mon 12 Aug 17:41

"It’s really disappointing to see our board lacking real ambition to get us promoted as they use our club as a cash cow for God knows what as they sell our talent but don’t replace them."

Cash cow ?

How does that work - hasn`t the club been making trading losses over the last few seasons ?

By that I mean money being made from sales or Add ons (Nisbet) are going into the void and the manager is seeing nothing of it.
There can’t be a 7 year plan if we’re depleting our squad year in year out.
It’s meant to be progressive.
The team is in a relegation fight after only 2 games and I’ve yet to speak to a fellow fan who doesn’t think otherwise.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Mon 12 Aug 23:58

Until we see the breakdown of income and expenses that led to the £1m loss, it’s difficult to know what is going on.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 08:38

"By that I mean money being made from sales or Add ons (Nisbet) are going into the void and the manager is seeing nothing of it."

DAFC can use any and all income as it considers necessary to run the business side of the club, nothing sinister in that.

If the debt/losses are as significant as is being reported the Board appear to have directed the cash towards filling the "void" as the priority. They may have no realistic choice.

That obviously has a negative effect on the manager`s player recruitment budget - and none of us like the implications.

As MD says above, the picture won`t become clearer until financial reports are published.

The unfortunate bottom line is that you can`t have your cake and eat it.

The club is not in a good place at the moment, off and on the pitch - we are all agreed there.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Aug 08:39)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net