DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chalmers
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:14

I dont want to start any arguments, i know joe has his flaws but at least the boy gives all his effort when he plays and never hides away, thought he was actually quite good on saturday, just wanted to praise the boy as he seems to be one of the few who actually try to put effort in on the pitch these days :)

COYP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chalmers
Topic Originator: MikeyDee  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:18

Chalmers is awful i`ve never seen him pass the ball forward. Our worst player easily

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:20

I`m not a huge fan either but he was fine on Saturday, probably one of the few who came out of the game with any credit tbh

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:22

Quote:

MikeyDee, Wed 14 Aug 11:18

Chalmers is awful i`ve never seen him pass the ball forward. Our worst player easily

Really mate, try to be positive and u be a nob, ok then bud

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:35

Chalmers is very much regarded as a scapegoat and I’m not entirely sure that it’s warranted.

There’s this myth that he doesn’t pass forward yet he seems to be the only one capable of pinging the ball across the park, albeit with varied success.

I’d say Joe is someone who very much knows his role in the team and he’s never one to shy away from getting the ball like others in the team. He’s always available for the ball and is quick to recycle possession, even if that is just a pass back where it came from. He’s someone who can keep the ball moving.

Sure he has his downsides, his inability to get stuck in in particular I think is a big bear for many Pars fans but I think everyone expects a championship midfielder to be an all-rounder when that quite simply won’t be the case.

Is Joe always the best player on the park? No definitely not but feel folk don’t even care to watch him most of the time.

Probably someone who would benefit from being in a different system. He’s the ideal kind of guy to just sit in front of the defence, especially with our preference for playing out from the back. But that’s not always the case for him.

P.s I’m not Joe Chalmers nor one of his family members 😂

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:47

I think in league 1 Joe was very good and I thought he was decent enough last season but for me it should have been his last season but his contract ruled him out being released.

We should have been looking at upgrades this season not just him though other players but our circumstances don`t allow this.

One thing about Chalmers is he is far better on the ball than either otoo or Hamilton but because they get stuck in as some folk would say they get less eyes on them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 12:27

Problem with this forum is they expect our players to be of Iniesta standard , it`s the Scottish Championship for f*cks sake!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 12:34

Just what we need during a `slow news week` - another thread about one of our players in which nothing original will be posted.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 12:54

He was ok on Saturday, was involved more than any other player. His dead balls are also a million times better than anyone else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 13:20

Whether you like it or not Chalmers is a big player for Mcpake and how he plays his teams. If Chalmers could run he’d be a terrific player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 13:27

He is good on the ball. The trouble is, off the ball, he is poor. He doesn`t mark or tackle well and unfortunately, these are essential qualities in the Scottish Championship. And doesn`t score any goals.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 13:32

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Aug 12:34

Just what we need during a `slow news week` - another thread about one of our players in which nothing original will be posted.

Aw shut up and gon give ur head a wobble u nob

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 13:45

I thought he played well on Saturday, and yes he has been made a scapegoat. It would be nice if we could get all this negativity binned, we are the start of a new season, so let`s get behind all of the team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 13:53

`Topic Originator: shellypar like
Date: Wed 14 Aug 13:32

Quote:

Aw shut up and gon give ur head a wobble u nob`

If that`s the standard of debate I think I`ll opt of this one.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 14:49

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Aug 13:53

`Topic Originator: shellypar like
Date: Wed 14 Aug 13:32

Quote:

Aw shut up and gon give ur head a wobble u nob`

If that`s the standard of debate I think I`ll opt of this one.

Nah its not a debate mate, it was me trying to keep positivity in amongst the gloom and u decide to make a nobish comment

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 14:54

`Chalmers` and `positivity` don`t go together well on here as the first reaction to your opening post shows. I`m surprised you expected a different outcome.

Post what you like but try and keep it civil.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 15:02

"Originator: shellypar   
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 11:14

I dont want to start any arguments"

Best not to post a single word on this forum then unfortunately.

The world is round.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 15:36

Chalmers along with O’Halloran are big scapegoats despite being nowhere near our worst players 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 16:28

I felt Chalmers had a good game on Saturday. He held the ball well and his midfield passes were spot on.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 16:47

I thought he was fine on Saturday. Deliveries are good.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 16:47

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 14 Aug 15:36

Chalmers along with O’Halloran are big scapegoats despite being nowhere near our worst players 😂

Agreed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 17:22

Had a decent game on Saturday. Didn`t go hiding when it wasn`t going well and was always willing to take the ball.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 17:53

To be honest, our level of performance has dropped so much that chalmers is starting to like one of our better players.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 17:59

Really? Which one does he like?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 18:37

Quote:

Wow so we’re no longer even allowed to praise our players. You really are all doom and gloom aren’t you Eck. Lighten up a bit.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 18:49

There are certainly more pluses than minuses for Joe today. Maybe he`s becoming more appreciated with time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 20:37

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Aug 18:49

There are certainly more pluses than minuses for Joe today. Maybe he`s becoming more appreciated with time.

Yet you chose to pour scorn on a posters appreciation of said player to incite a response instead of just stepping ahead a few of your posts to this one which would have been the correct input to this particular subject ..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 20:42

I like Joe. If we had any (1) attacking capability whatsoever or (2) game management tactics then he`d be a great squad player. Good ball retention when seeing out a match for example. Squads need versatility and a mix of skills. He also seems like a really sound guy as well.

All of that aside, irrespective of how you feel about him as a player, the abuse he`s received on here and on social media is a disgrace. This sense of ownership or entitlement over other people and the resulting muck that gets thrown their way feels unique to football and I`m increasingly sick of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 21:20

I like Joe Chalmers. I think he is a good footballer. He`s calm under pressure, always gets in good positions to make himself available for a pass, retains possession well, usually finds a team mate with his passes. He`s pretty good with set pieces as well, the best at the club. Rarely injured too.

I`ve already mentioned how a mate with a son in the Academy has told me how good he was with the young players, he`s lauded by his fellow professionals as the best pro at the club. The youngsters really look up to him as someone who sets the standards in training that they need to aspire to if they are to make it.

In my opinion, he`s a good player to have around the place
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 21:23

If I understood your post, alwaysaPar, I`d be happy to respond to it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 21:41

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Aug 21:23

If I understood your post, alwaysaPar, I`d be happy to respond to it.

Much appreciated....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 22:19

Joe in my opinion is a good player. Not the player we can afford in the middle though.
If we had the proper quality in midfield he`d be a bench player, simple as that.

Neat and tidy would do well in a top 3 championship team...but we`re not. We need a strong, forward thinking midfielder to drive us on, which he isn`t, and never will be.

That`s why we won`t progress with Joe as the main man.
There`s a reason Ayr got rid, and it`s probably my 2nd paragraph.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 23:07

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Wed 14 Aug 20:42

I like Joe. If we had any (1) attacking capability whatsoever or (2) game management tactics then he`d be a great squad player. Good ball retention when seeing out a match for example. Squads need versatility and a mix of skills. He also seems like a really sound guy as well.

All of that aside, irrespective of how you feel about him as a player, the abuse he`s received on here and on social media is a disgrace. This sense of ownership or entitlement over other people and the resulting muck that gets thrown their way feels unique to football and I`m increasingly sick of it.

Agree Rusty ,he is our player and gets dogs abuse every week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 23:09

Quote:

Gaz3822, Wed 14 Aug 22:19

Joe in my opinion is a good player. Not the player we can afford in the middle though.
If we had the proper quality in midfield he`d be a bench player, simple as that.

Neat and tidy would do well in a top 3 championship team...but we`re not. We need a strong, forward thinking midfielder to drive us on, which he isn`t, and never will be.

That`s why we won`t progress with Joe as the main man.
There`s a reason Ayr got rid, and it`s probably my 2nd paragraph.

Your right we don`t have the quality player right now we have what we have ,I`m sure Chalmers would be a better player if he had quality around him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 23:27

Top assist maker in our promotion season and sure I saw a stat that he`d made the most `key passes` (whatever that is) of anyone. Those don`t sound like stats of someone who can`t pass it forward.

He will be getting pressured more when in possession but those in front of him on the pitch also aren`t getting the same time and space.

The sheer number of defensively minded players we field means it`s a tough ask being one of so few attacking players.

Think if he had more ahead of him he would be good at this level.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 00:02

A pretty player, looks nice but not effective or fast
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:07

Good league 1 player in a club dominating possession against part time teams who sit in.

Not so good when we’re up against full time teams with midfield runners who have a go and we tend to have less possession than the opposition.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net