DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 44 points
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 12:08

Where are they coming from? Morton? Queens Park? Airdrie? Hamilton at home? We don`t look like scoring at the moment and concede daft goals at the other end. Did the owners really think this squad (before Cooper and the new keeper!) would get to 44 points?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 44 points
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 12:38

I really can`t see where our wins are going to come from .
We are losing every week , and every week we come out and play this terrible slow passy passy nonsense .
If we`re going to lose , at least lose having a go. We used to get criticised for going gung-ho against the old firm or other "big city" clubs , but we`re not playing them these days .
We`re playing (no disrespect intended) Ayr , Airdrie , Queens park etc . Have a go JMc even if it doesn`t work , we`ll be no worse off than we are now , and it will probably get you some backing from the fans .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 12:57

hate to say this but cant see anything but relegation nobody can hardly have a shot at goal mind score 1 goal in about 560minutes is a joke but incredibly we are only team to beat spartans and we done it easily but after that hit the rocks amazingly were only 4 points behind because lot of others airdrie partick raith are poor as well but think i have better chance in winning lottery than we have to beat best team in league right now ayr gonna be nerve wracking long season

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 7 Eleven  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 13:43

Based on the fact that the club lost £1m last accounting year I don`t have an issue as such with the 44 points and aim of consolidating the club`s position within the league. The finacial deficit is clearly negatively impacting player recruitment in terms of quality and quantity of players coming in. Also, I cannot see the next set of accounts showing a profit, so it is likely that deficit is going to increase further.

However, it is simple for the decision makers (and fans) to monitor performance. Clubs usually do this quarterly, so:

44 points over 36 games = 1.22 points per game, or
11 points over 9 games = 1.22 points per game

The most efficient way to achieve this would be 3 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses, so it is technically (but highly unlikely IMO) still possible for the team to achieve this target during the first quarter.

If the club want an earlier indicator of whether the club is on track is to look at progress over 6 games:

~7 points over 6 games = 1.22 points per game
(2W, 1D, 3L), so another loss in the next couple of games will show that the team are already behind where it aims to be. At that point one or both of the following will need to happen: a change of playing style (current one now working: 6 shots on target, 0 goals, -5GD & 0 points in 3 games) or a change of manager. Doing nothing will be a disaster.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 14:05

If something isn`t getting you results you have to change it. As a team we should be of the mindset that teams worry about us not the other way around. We seem to struggle with even being able to shoot never mind get it on target. You work on your weaknesses not your strengths so looking from the sidelines a bit more target practice in training wouldn`t go amiss.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 16:50

We won`t even get 20 points this season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:04

I`ve said it for months now that we looked a certainty to go down. I`ve seen nothing in any of the game this season that proves otherwise. We are far too slow and out our depth at this level.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:48

At this point if mcpake left tonight and we didn’t bother to replace him would anything actually change? We can’t get any worse.

Be surprised if we get anything bar a consolation against a flying full of confidence Ayr team. Raith even tho they are struggling still have a much better squad and will have new manager in by then and will be expecting to win.

We could quite easily get to 5 games with no points. Then away at Partick to avoid 6 games without a win.

It’s looking grim. We’ll need to start stringing some wins together in second round of games just to keep up.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net