DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tommy Fogarty signing
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 05:35

Highly talented Birmingham City player Tommy Fogarty will be signing for the Pars on a season long loan next week. Lad is Republic of Ireland under 21 player he plays at CB.

Post Edited (Sun 25 Aug 05:52)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tommy Fogarty signing
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 06:48

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sun 25 Aug 05:35

Highly talented Birmingham City player Tommy Fogarty will be signing for the Pars on a season long loan next week. Lad is Republic of Ireland under 21 player he plays at CB.

Hope he didn`t watch us yesterday and think twice.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 06:53

Was he the lad warming up out on the pitch, last to go into the dressing rooms?

I heard this info in the pie queue pre match. Good luck Tommy!

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 07:19

Guessing he’ll come straight in as looks like bene is injured again.

Hope he’s a goal scoring centre half? Or at least will help towards picking up those prized 0-0’s.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 07:30

Last centre half we had on loan made a huge impression last season, hopefully this lad has the same impact.

I assume he doesn’t fancy Breen anymore since he was left in the bench yesterday and it was Young who replaced Fisher.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 07:47

Breen no doubt carrying a knock. The lad is another who is always carrying a knock….

Hopefully he’s more Walcott less Benjamin!

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 08:29

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 25 Aug 06:53

Was he the lad warming up out on the pitch, last to go into the dressing rooms?

I heard this info in the pie queue pre match. Good luck Tommy!

Yeah he was, presume part of his fitness testing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 14:19

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 25 Aug 07:19

Guessing he’ll come straight in as looks like bene is injured again.

Hope he’s a goal scoring centre half? Or at least will help towards picking up those prized 0-0’s.

I actually think that if the CH should pop up with a couple of goals every season just by the fact that how many corners and free kicks do you get every season that the CH goes up for?

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:01

Confirmed now

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:10

Welcome to the Pars Tommy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:10

I wonder what the connection was to alert us to his availability and capabilities?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:14

Post Edited (Sun 25 Aug 18:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:16

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 25 Aug 17:10

I wonder what the connection was to alert us to his availability and capabilities?

Recommended by Tommy Wright according to the Courier
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:25

Welcome to the Pars, Tommy!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:25

Welcome to the DA Tommy

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:32

Played 8 games so far in the English conference and has a few caps for NI under 21’s.

I fancy he’ll be more Walcott than Benjamin but will prob take some time to settle.

Not a position we needed unless mcpake realising fisher and breen are not up to it and bene likely to pick up injuries again this season. Expect Young’s to go out on loan now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:35

He is in the Northern Ireland u21 squad for their upcoming games.They play England u21s on Friday 6th September and Ukraine on the 10th.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:36

I’d say watching our defence so far this season it’s definitely a position we needed. I do worry he’ll keep playing 3 centre backs now. Breen benched even when Hamilton went back to CB. Something up there

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 17:37

I wasn`t suggesting anything. That`s why I asked the question. I hadn`t seen the Courier reference.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 18:35

Ah the old st Johnstone connection…..shame Dave and Jim have so few contacts.

Maybe Dave can get Tommy wright in too?

Post Edited (Sun 25 Aug 18:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 19:03

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 25 Aug 18:35

Ah the old st Johnstone connection…..shame Dave and Jim have so few contacts.

Maybe Dave can get Tommy wright in too?

Only you could find a negative in a new signing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 19:43

Birmingham talking him up on social media anyway! It’s good to see! I think he could be a good signing this season

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 21:08

JTH123 I just think there’s a lot more players out there who could do a job for us then only those with links to st Johnstone, Celtic under 21’s or mcpakes time at Dundee.

It’s so limiting and hasn’t done us many favours so far.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 21:29

Where is the st Johnston link with this signing tho? sure Tommy wright was st Johnston manager but the lads been recommended by the northern Irish U21 manager who also happens to be Tommy wright
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 21:40

And so it spreads to Celtic

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 21:47

The Dundee/St Johnstone conspiracy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 22:11

Quote:

jake89, Sun 25 Aug 21:47

The Dundee/St Johnstone conspiracy

😆

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 22:36

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 25 Aug 21:08

JTH123 I just think there’s a lot more players out there who could do a job for us then only those with links to st Johnstone, Celtic under 21’s or mcpakes time at Dundee.

It’s so limiting and hasn’t done us many favours so far.

Do you think he’d be more successful if he didn’t speak to people he knew about potential players?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 23:46

I see Birmingham themselves have signed CB Ben Davies on loan from Rangers for the rest of the season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 08:44

NMC we don’t know? He’s never tried. Has this worked well for him so far?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 10:59

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 26 Aug 08:44

Depends on your definition of working well

Otoo seems to be working out alright.

We were front of the queue for Ben Summers. We got that sewn up before any other club had a peep at him.

Moffat seemed to work out alright. Some folk think we should have signed him in the summer.

MFW was another one, I’d say that was a good signing.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 13:11

Summers and Moffat couldn’t sustain championship level performances and ultimately were disappointing with rare flashes of talent. MFW and otoo I’ll give you.

Notice you haven’t mentioned o’hallaran, fisher, jakubiak. Jury still out on whether it’s a year too far for wotherspoon but it’s been a poor start.

At best his record is 50% on players he or his assistant know. That’s not great considering. Not to mention the contracts that have been extended for
Players he spent a year managing, blind loyalty or an inability to recognise is a player has what it takes to play at the level we are at.

We might well end up with chalmers, mehmet, o’hallaran and wighton on the bench every week when it’s supposed to be youngsters supported in the first 11 by experienced pro’s.

His recruitment is so bad that we are relying on cooper, fogarty and whoever else comes in this week to be excellent signing just to give us a fighting chance in this league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 14:46

Berkey, I think we`ve got the message that McPake and Mackay have regularly looked to bring in players that they know from former clubs (Dundee and St Johnstone) or through contacts at these clubs. If I had a tenner for every time you`ve posted this, I might be able to buy the Pars. 😀

Some months ago, I replied to you that it`s quite common for managers to go for players whose qualities and characters they are familiar with as opposed to taking a chance on an unknown player who could turn out to be bad influence in the dressing room or someone who has some undesirable habits e.g. a gambling addiction. You said that you got that, but you keep posting the same stuff day after day, sometimes several times a day.

None of us are happy with current performances and results, and ultimately, the buck stops at the manager`s door, but I believe the problems are much deeper than that. The news that our investors wanted out of our club has been in the air for some time, and the players and management were aware of this long before it became public knowledge. It`s all very well to say they should shut out the background noise and concentrate on playing well and getting results. The whole unhappy situation has cast a dark shadow over everyone connected with the Pars, not just the fans. People will lose their jobs when the new owners come in and look to make savings to address the losses the club has made in recent seasons.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 15:09

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 26 Aug 13:11

Summers and Moffat couldn’t sustain championship level performances and ultimately were disappointing with rare flashes of talent. MFW and otoo I’ll give you.

Notice you haven’t mentioned o’hallaran, fisher, jakubiak. Jury still out on whether it’s a year too far for wotherspoon but it’s been a poor start.

At best his record is 50% on players he or his assistant know. That’s not great considering. Not to mention the contracts that have been extended for
Players he spent a year managing, blind loyalty or an inability to recognise is a player has what it takes to play at the level we are at.

We might well end up with chalmers, mehmet, o’hallaran and wighton on the bench every week when it’s supposed to be youngsters supported in the first 11 by experienced pro’s.

His recruitment is so bad that we are relying on cooper, fogarty and whoever else comes in this week to be excellent signing just to give us a fighting chance in this league.

“Seen that, can’t help but think if they just released the cash a month ago things would have been so much different.”

☝🏻 wonder who wrote that… 🤔

Slaughtering him in here for his signings but in another thread saying he should have been given money sooner 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sam Fisher is fine. He’s a young centre back and aye, his performance at the weekend has been criticised but you’ll get that with 23yr old.

Not every signing is going to be a good one. Someone as old as you should know that.

I don’t know what you’re expecting for our recruitment as you’ve said yourself - if only the cash had been released months ago. Which you’re right about btw. Now we are fighting off others for slim picking. Still that’s irrelevant to my original point, do you think he’d do better not using his contacts?
If you’re needing a couple of doors hung in the house, would you speak to your mate who’s working as a joiner or would you look elsewhere?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 16:45

That quote was aimed at the owners who after deciding to sell immediately said there would be more money available.

By so much different I was meaning that the anger from the fans about investment in the team and getting the right players in would not have been directed at them…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 26 Aug 16:48

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 26 Aug 08:44

Its posts like this that make you look ridiculous. Can you not see that?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net