DAFC.net
Home 01 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Highlights Queens Park + James McPake + Josh Cooper
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 10:54

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkLPYTzE2Ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2roFiYO41g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOa_9mJ7V0

Post Edited (Sun 29 Sep 13:41)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Highlights Queens Park + James McPake
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 12:04

The defending was worse than I remember. What chance have we got?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Queens Park + James McPake + Josh Cooper
Topic Originator: MinnesotaAndy  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 14:21

At least one decent penalty claim.
Any other day would have seen at least one of several goal attempts go in.
I forecast a drubbing of Airdrie next week, if the Pars play serious & tough from the get go...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:14

The two goals we conceded were criminal, especially the second one. Kane seemed to have the best scoring chance but couldn`t make a decent connection. Nice finish by Cooper for the goal after good build-up involving Wighton and KRH.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:29

Airdrie have a load of injuries just now and are struggling just as much as us. No idea how next week will go but away from home we struggle to score, sit in deep and are poor at the back. Do we have 2 goals in us to get at least a point?

Looked at highlights we had a few chances in the game but lacking power or wide of target from the usual suspects

Good finish by cooper though

Post Edited (Sun 29 Sep 15:41)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Highlights Queens Park James McPake Josh Cooper
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:39

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 29 Sep 15:29

Airdrie have a load of injuries just now and are struggling just as much as us. No idea how next week will go but away from home we struggle to score, sit in deep and are poor at the back. Do we have 2 goals in us to get at least a point?

2 goals in us to get a point? What are you actually on? Maybe help the rest of us out…

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:43

I`m assuming he is expecting us to conceed at least 2 goals?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buster_Brown  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 15:58

I commented on the Facebook post but will say the same here, the 2 goals are worse than I thought at the game, very very poor to lose.

Although I’m in the McPake out camp, I live in hope that this can be turned around but I just don’t see it, especially when we are conceding goals like that.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 16:49

If we score 1 goal it might get us a point but it might not, it certainly isn’t winning us any games against 11 men so realistically we need 2 goals to have a chance of getting at least 1 point maybe 3.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 17:06

If current stats are so important take a look at Airdrie`s as well as ours. We have scored 4 and conceded 9; they have scored 4 and conceded 15.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 19:14

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 29 Sep 17:06

If current stats are so important take a look at Airdrie`s as well as ours. We have scored 4 and conceded 9; they have scored 4 and conceded 15.

^^^^ So we have equally poor forwards but their defence is almost 40% worse than ours. I predict a Pars 3-0 win with a hat-trick from McCan

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 29 Sep 19:26

“Obviously picked the wrong team.”

I despair when McPake comes out with admissions like this. How on earth do our board continue to have faith in him when he only realises his mistake post match? Surely to god he knows what the right team is!

It was the same type of admission when he told everyone at a supporters meeting that he hadn’t rushed Wighton back from his earlier injuries. A few games later he admitted he had been rushed back and with our ceo sitting right next to him.

He’s back to looking and sounding deflated - but this is really on his shoukders.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 07:21

Matt Todd, Wotherspoon, Clay should not have started on Saturday as they weren’t fit enough to start after injuries and picking up knocks, clay has only been training a few weeks so would of start him on the bench.

I would have had Fisher in at right back and Comrie moved to left back allowing Otoo to get back into midfield in place of Clay.

I’d also of had Cooper ahead of Todd as the 10 and Hosler in for Wotherspoon on the right wing.

Folk may not agree but I reckon that team would have been more productive and got a result.

I know Fisher isn’t a right back but he has played there before as has Comrie played left back on occasion. We just need Otoo in midfield as he’s our powerhouse.

Post Edited (Mon 30 Sep 07:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 07:54

Whilst Benedictus has possibly lost a yard of pace, I don`t think we would have conceded these types of goals, had he been in there?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 08:43

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 30 Sept 07:54

Whilst Benedictus has possibly lost a yard of pace, I don`t think we would have conceded these types of goals, had he been in there?

Didn`t we lose these types of goals with him there against the likes of Forfar, Cove and Livi?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 11:17

Confidence seems rock bottom, need to start strongly in games like the Rovers match.

If we lose the first goal in a game it seems a foregone conclusion these days how it will end up.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 13:43

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 30 Sep 07:54

We conceded those kind of goals in the games he’s played in this season. I’d actually argue the complete opposite, that Saturday was the first time we’ve conceded those kind of goals without him on the park this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 15:48

Quote:

buffy, Sun 29 Sept 19:26

“Obviously picked the wrong team.”

I despair when McPake comes out with admissions like this. How on earth do our board continue to have faith in him when he only realises his mistake post match? Surely to god he knows what the right team is!

It was the same type of admission when he told everyone at a supporters meeting that he hadn’t rushed Wighton back from his earlier injuries. A few games later he admitted he had been rushed back and with our ceo sitting right next to him.

He’s back to looking and sounding deflated - but this is really on his shoukders.

Not in any way defending the manager`s team selection, but he would only know he`d picked the wrong team once he (and we) could see how the game was unfolding. I actually said to my brother at the start of the 2nd half that the 3 subs he`d made were tantamount to an admission that he`d picked the wrong team. Any doubts were quickly dispelled when he made a 4th substitution 5 mins later.

If anything, you have to say he`s been brutally honest. No manager is going to get his tactics and team selections spot on in every game, but the best managers do it more often.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 15:55

Topic Originator: par-91 like
Date: Mon 30 Sep 13:43

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 30 Sep 07:54

We conceded those kind of goals in the games he’s played in this season. I’d actually argue the complete opposite, that Saturday was the first time we’ve conceded those kind of goals without him on the park this season.

I`m not having it that Kyle`s organisation from set pieces, physicality and aerial ability would not have been a help on Saturday.

Post Edited (Mon 30 Sep 15:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 18:24

Problem is whatever team mcpake picks doesn’t have enough quality in it.

We don’t have 11 consistent proven championship level players.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 30 Sep 18:47

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 30 Sept 18:24

Problem is whatever team mcpake picks doesn’t have enough quality in it.

We don’t have 11 consistent proven championship level players.

Even if that were true, that doesn`t mean they can`t compete.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net