DAFC.net
Home 22 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parking this Saturday
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 16:42

Can anyone advise, what it`s like trying to get away from the Falkirk stadium car park?
Never parked in there before, I usually park in the industrial estate behind McDonald`s but that not really an option now.
The road is all double yellows now and for the dozen or so spaces that are available, there is no path down to the ground due to the ongoing works.
Cheers in advance.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parking this Saturday
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:12

It`s a nightmare getting out of by all accounts. I`d suggest the college, it`s a good quality car park and the walk to the ground and back isn`t too bad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:38

Park in the restaurant/hotel just behind the car garage on the opposite side of the M9 flyover from McDonalds, five mins walk from stadium and easy to get away at end as just take a left and go back via Skinflats road.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:41

Cheers for replying, Kelty,

The issue with the college is that the pavements along the main road are all barriered off. You either need to walk down passed the main stand and over at the fire station, or walk up to the Kelpies and round by b+q.

I`m thinking of trying the Kelpies but not sure if they make provisions for football supporters.

Cheers again

Edited to add, @TAFKA, there are no pavements to walk from that hotel now, you would need to walk on the main road.

The flame still burns

Post Edited (Mon 21 Oct 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:45

It’s a nightmare at the stadium car park, takes at least 30 mins to get out. Also as your boxed in you can’t get away early if getting pumped.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:47

What`s changed that the industrial estate isn`t an option? Seems mental to take away a perfectly safe area that encourages away support to move away from the stadium and town.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 17:57

Quote:

pars4life1, Mon 21 Oct 17:47

What`s changed that the industrial estate isn`t an option? Seems mental to take away a perfectly safe area that encourages away support to move away from the stadium and town.

It`s part of a regeneration to the area. Upgrading road links, possible housing, hotel, leisure/shopping areas.
Works ongoing for another couple years,
I work in the college in Falkirk and it`s been a pain in the bottom at times. Will only get worse as the work continues.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 18:07

So where do the folk who work in the businesses located in that industrial estate park now?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 18:09

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 21 Oct 18:07

So where do the folk who work in the businesses located in that industrial estate park now?

In the business car parks.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 18:34

I`m confused. Is that not where we traditionally park?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 19:34

When they designed the stadium they didn`t take into account the amount of space a horse and cart takes up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 20:45

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 21 Oct 18:34

I`m confused. Is that not where we traditionally park?

Hi Wee Eck, The industrial estate at the back of Mcdonalds/across from Arnold Clark, now has double yellow lines up the main road. There are still parking spaces in the respective companies` areas for workers/visitors.
It may be possible to park in there, but the pavements that used to lead to the ground from the industrial estate are now not there, so you would need to walk on the main road. Hope that makes sense 👍

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Oct 21:03

Cheers, dpard. I always walked up the main road anyway so that should be OK. Thanks for clarifying!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Tue 22 Oct 09:38

Last time I went through, I parked at the college. The spot that peas previously mentioned at the hotel sounds a good idea as well

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net