DAFC.net
Home 23 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Championship Quality
Topic Originator: Jock Par36  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 15:23

The quality of the Scottish Championship, is of poor football
teams. I hate to say that Falkirk are the only decent team in
our league. If they get promoted, they will have a decent chance
of staying up. The rest of us are not very good. Livingston were
the worst team in the Premiership last season and the look
maybe 2cd best in our league, but they have no chance of winning a play
off, if they make it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Championship Quality
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 15:59

It isn`t poor because of the players or managers

Nobody on this forum would get anywhere close to being involved at this level.

There is plenty of quality, but they are all terrified of relegation, so mostly set up not to lose.

There is little difference between the individual players and coaching staff at this level. It would take a lot bigger income advantage than we have to make a significant difference.

Most games are won on a rub o the green

Familiarity and equality stagnate the product.
There is no point saying players are crap when they are just being cancelled out by opposition players of equal ability.

Until the league structure is changed, decent players will look poor, and managers will take the flack.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 16:25

David Martindale spoke very well about the need for larger divisions a few days ago. I hope others start to speak up about this as well.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 16:30

Quote:

Bucuresti Par, Wed 23 Oct 16:25

David Martindale spoke very well about the need for larger divisions a few days ago. I hope others start to speak up about this as well.

i hope they do increase the leagues
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 16:36

Quote:

Jock Par36, Wed 23 Oct 15:23

The quality of the Scottish Championship, is of poor football
teams. I hate to say that Falkirk are the only decent team in
our league. If they get promoted, they will have a decent chance
of staying up. The rest of us are not very good. Livingston were
the worst team in the Premiership last season and the look
maybe 2cd best in our league, but they have no chance of winning a play
off, if they make it.

I’d be willing to bet that Livi win the league by 5 points. There’s no chance that Falkirk have the squad depth or alternative playing style to win the league. McGlynn has always been a one trick pony.

Post Edited (Wed 23 Oct 16:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 16:41

The problem is that increasing the league sizes only benefits Scottish Football in the long term.

Short term - we need 4 OF games a season to keep that sweet sweet TV deal. (sarcasm, I know it`s rubbish, but it`ll get worse without 4 OF games).

Short termism wins out over long termism every single time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 17:55

Quote:

Bandy, Wed 23 Oct 16:41

The problem is that increasing the league sizes only benefits Scottish Football in the long term.

Short term - we need 4 OF games a season to keep that sweet sweet TV deal. (sarcasm, I know it`s rubbish, but it`ll get worse without 4 OF games).

Aye. Jist ask the Germans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buster_Brown  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 18:12

PARot has pretty much said what I was going to say. I don’t think the league is poor, I just find that with the way it’s set up, teams adopt a must not loose policy which becomes boring to watch

Quote:

Bucuresti Par, Wed 23 Oct 16:25

I’ve just listened to the Open Goal podcast where he said that, and I’m in 100% agreement with him. I’m old enough to remember bigger leagues and would love to see them return (without B teams).
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 18:21

Quote:

Kdy Par, Wed 23 Oct 16:36

I’d be willing to bet that Livi win the league by 5 points. There’s no chance that Falkirk have the squad depth or alternative playing style to win the league. McGlynn has always been a one trick pony.

What exactly is McGlynn`s one trick? If he is so predictable, why haven`t all the other managers sussed him out yet?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 18:29

Quote:

neilholland999, Wed 23 Oct 18:21

Quote:

What exactly is McGlynn`s one trick? If he is so predictable, why haven`t all the other managers sussed him out yet?

Well he`s been in management for 20 years now and not won anything outside of League 1. I`d rather be where Falkirk are right now mind you.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 19:01

Quote:

Bandy, Wed 23 Oct 16:41

lose of 4 plus OF Games can only make people return back to watch the games live
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Wed 23 Oct 19:16

Quote:

neilholland999, Wed 23 Oct 18:21

Quote:

Look at his record with Raith. Started on fire most seasons, as soon as the clocks change and the pitches get muddy his teams struggle. He’s only got one way of playing. Normally once teams have played them once they work out how to play against them.

Don’t get me wrong I’d rather have a manager that plays attacking football, but considering his time in management his trophy record is pathetic.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net