DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Grand Slam of Darts - James Wade
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 14:16

Know a few on here follow the bigger darts tournaments.

Wade has rolled back the years recently to the way he was 7 or 8 years ago and has been absolute red hot; got to the final of the last three televised events in consecutive weeks and went onto win two of them.

Still sitting at a very generous 20/1 for the Grand Slam this week. The draw 'bracket' isn't too easy on the eye to figure out at a glance but barring any major shocks - then i think he'll face Gary Anderson in the second knock out round after the group stages.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Grand Slam of Darts - James Wade
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 18:09

Just had a wee boy too so maybe he is a bit more relaxed. By the way he is punching well above his weight in the wife stakes!

Although he is not my cup of tea you cant deny that he is a great player on his day.

Since Taylor retired and MVG not always consistent it is great to see success shared.

ETA that 20/1 is a great bet.

https://www.agiftfor.net

Post Edited (Mon 12 Nov 18:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: petrie_pants  
Date:   Thu 15 Nov 20:25

He's been playing brilliantly. Going to have a wee dabble on him for the world's.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 20 Nov 11:31

Whilst he's been playing better his victories were lucky, couldn't have him for the Worlds. The first tournament he won there were lots of the top players missing and Max Hopp missed 3 match darts in the semi against him.In the second tournament Michael Smith blew it and missed 5 match darts in the final.He doesn't score highly enough to trouble the top players over a longer format IMO-both of these tournaments were a short format.

Had quite a lot of success in last year's worlds and if MVG doesn't win I've got ante post bets on Smith e/w at 33/1 and Ratajski at 250/1(bit of a long shot as the price suggests but he recently won back to back floor tournaments which takes some doing)I backed Cross last year at 66's after he did similar.Adrian Lewis is also beginning to show signs of a revival and could be overpriced at 50's having won it twice before.

MVG has drifted to a backable price of 5/4 to cover the others.Anderson and MVG are above the rest IMO and would like to see those two going at it in the final.

To emphasise the point about Wade here are the total 180's in 2018.180's aren't everything but it will give the players more chances and he is well down the list despite playing in more tournaments than most of the players above him

Michael van Gerwen - 523
Rob Cross - 521
Michael Smith - 479
Peter Wright - 472
Gary Anderson - 468
Daryl Gurney - 443
Adrian Lewis - 403
James Wilson - 380
Simon Whitlock - 380
Steve West - 372
Ian White - 370
Dave Chisnall - 361
Kyle Anderson - 325
John Henderson - 308
Jeffrey de Zwaan - 304
Stephen Bunting - 302
Gerwyn Price - 284
Mensur Suljovic - 284
James Wade - 280

Post Edited (Fri 23 Nov 14:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 13 Dec 00:50

Here's the Sporting Life preview of the darts.Encouraging to see a couple of my selections mentioned at greatly reduced odds since I put them up. Kick's off tonight.

https://www.sportinglife.com/darts/news/pdc-world-darts-championship-tips/155931

It's a pity that MVG and Anderson are in the same half of the draw although that leaves room for an outsider to reach the final.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 15 Dec 19:22

Interesting! To be honest Gurney is the only one i can realistically see if its not MVG or Anderson

On a very pedantic side note what is with the blue board surround? Looks awful

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Sun 23 Dec 22:44

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 31 Dec 13:57

Guaranteed a nice profit now.Hopefully a decent final. Still got to fancy MVG but you never know-Smith actually had the higher average in the semis despite MVG beating Anderson 6-1.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 09:54

Could swear Wade had a wee fling with Helen Chamberlain previously?

Agree his wife is smoking!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 20:26

They were definitely an item at one point Berry.

https://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 17:33

3 players to follow this year at the darts

Nathan Aspinall 50/1 for World Champs, Jeffrey de Zwaan 66/1 and Jamie Hughes 100/1. Worth each way bets-reckon they will all be reduced odds by the end of the year.Worth following in the TV tournaments over the summer.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net