DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Trump and Putin
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 17 Jul 03:17

I am currently on a family holiday in Thailand, so have been forced to watch Fox News on the telly. To my amazement, even the most Trump supporting TV channel has turned against him this morning accusing him of being an embarrassment to the US nation.

Could this be the moment we see the worm turn against Trump? Fox is the channel that most of his base support turns to, after all.

Could Trump have finally gone a step too far?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Trump and Putin
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Tue 17 Jul 07:15

Don't get me started.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Tue 17 Jul 07:16

All depends on how you look at it. Russia seems like a crazy country, but is that just because of selective reporting by the western media? I've friends who have visited various parts of Russia and said it's lovely if a bit run down in some places. On the other hand, that's based on a few days there so the reality may be different.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 17 Jul 14:44

I'd go to Russia before the states...meanwhile the elite laugh at how well their distraction is working...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number57  
Date:   Tue 17 Jul 17:26

can you explain rasta thanks

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 02:47

Fox are right back on Trumps side after they fall for his "wouldn't" instead of "would" statement. The entire country is full of idiots. As rasta says, i would much rather go to Russia than step foot on American soil again. That country is the most scummy country on earth.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 09:31

Isn't alot of the media in America criticising Trump though? Doesn't he often get lampooned and ridiculed on prime time comedy shows? Wonder if Putin would get the same sort of treatment from Russian media?
As Rasta says its a good little diversion for the Russian president from the growing discontent in Russia over the huge increase in the retirement age.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 10:38

I'd quite like to visit the states for a road trip at some point. Problem is I'm not keen on the idea of being shot at by some maniac. Is it really as mad as it seems, or is it like London where we're told you'll be knifed to death but really it's just a casemof avoiding certain areas.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 11:59

I've been to the US a few times and I've never seen any bother but you just have to keep your wits about you.

My mate was from Baltimore and I went to visit him for a weekend and he was telling me it could get quite dodgy in parts of the town but everywhere we went to was fine.

I've also walked from the strip in Vegas up to Freemont Street which by all accounts is some of roughest bits of the town (I had no idea it was until my mates told me afterwards) and although you could see the area was poor, I didn't get any bother again. The attack that happened there could unfortunately happen anywhere but the chances of getting caught up on something like that are tiny.

If you research your routes so you don't end up driving up and down Compton or it's equivalents in other cities, 99999 out of a 100000 places will be fine.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 12:30

Cheers LPF. Be a few years yet (wait until the kids are older) but starting to research early.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 16:25

I spent a memorable New Year's Eve 2013 winding my way through thousands of revellers on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Obviously, in big crowds you have to keep your wits about you, but I felt quite safe commuting between the many live jazz and rock venues up and down the street. In fact, I had the best time.

Next morning, I heard that three people had been killed in the Quarter during the celebrations. I saw the odd bar fight, but nothing seriously amiss, so I guess it is largely down to bad luck if you randomly find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 16:57

I'm in Seattle at the moment and I've not had any issues at all. The only thing I saw was, when we visited the first Starbucks, a beggar dude outside were he offered me free butt sex, which was jolly nice of him, but I politely declined his offer and swiftly went into SB and ordered a caramel frappacino to cool down.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 17:38

Quote:

Big T Par, Thu 19 Jul 16:57

I'm in Seattle at the moment and I've not had any issues at all. The only thing I saw was, when we visited the first Starbucks, a beggar dude outside were he offered me free butt sex, which was jolly nice of him, but I politely declined his offer and swiftly went into SB and ordered a caramel frappacino to cool down.

Do you have this trouble often mate?

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 17:48

Haha! I did warn you about the beggars in Seattle... mind you, I never got any offers like that. You are obviously a bit of a hunk.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 17:58

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 19 Jul 17:48

Haha! I did warn you about the beggars in Seattle... mind you, I never got any offers like that. You are obviously a bit of a hunk.

It's disconcerting in his company mate.
Beggars come rushing up everywhere we go with a cheeky smile and a wink.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 18:03

We had that in Vancouver. Accidentally went to the wrong side of town (it's helpfully next to their old town and China town) and got followed by this guy who kept saying I was disrespectful to him by not stopping to converse with him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 18:05

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Thu 19 Jul 17:58

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 19 Jul 17:48

It's disconcerting in his company mate.
Beggars come rushing up everywhere we go with a cheeky smile and a wink.

🤣🤣🤣 As long as it's just a wink they're offering sweetcheeks

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 23:34

I forgot to say it's amazing how far a Scottish accent will take you in North America 😉

And your welcome only takes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 23:44

Very true mate. We were at a museum (like beamish) in Vancouver, and we were chatting away, when an older woman came up to us and said that she couldn't help notice our accents. She then went on to say that she was born in Dunfermline. Small world

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 19 Jul 23:47

That's definitely a step up from your last proposition!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 20 Jul 00:47

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net