DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 How will this movie end?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 00:12

There is no doubt about it, Trump - The Movie is going break all box office records. Surely, Oliver Stone is drafting out a script already. Never has there been a political story with so many twists and turns; never has there been such a call on the viewer to suspend reality to such a ridiculous extent.

But how will it end?

Will our hero, as in a Roman epic, climb the steps to the podium to the cheers of a crowd of millions of adoring fans; a crowd so large that it stretches to the horizon in all directions?

Could it end with Trump and Melania, hand-in-hand and staring lovingly into each other's eyes, walking purposefully off into a Florida sunset?

Or could we see the Ceaucescu moment, where suddenly it dawns on the man that the crowd massed before him is booing, not cheering? We all know how that ended.

Or maybe the screen shows a reflective Trump sitting alone in a room. Gradually the camera zooms out and we come to realise that he is sitting on a plastic chair in a jail cell. Appropriately, he is dressed in orange.

Yes, there is no doubt that it is going to be one hell of a movie. However, its release date has yet to be announced.

:)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: How will this movie end?
Topic Originator: Shakey  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 03:19

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 03:24

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 07:38

Unfortunately I think it will have a very dull ending.
He will either choose to stop before the next election or he will win and stay on for another 4 years
He will continue spouting guff and nothing much else will happen. Short term simple successes will be attributed to him, and long standing complicated problems will be blamed on Obama.
He will continue spouting guff from his Florida bunker once he has left office and people will carry on lapping it up until he moves to the great tweet-free zone in the sky.

I hope that history will be unkind to him, but I am starting to doubt it. I though George W Bush would be top of the list of worst presidents for a few generations but he was knocked off the top spot within 8 years. Maybe Kanye will do the same to Trump
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 11:52

Quote:

Shakey, Sat 28 Jul 03:19

Tom Hanks wont be in it........you'll see why very soon.

Surely everyone knows about Him and his pal Speilberg by now?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 11:59

4.1% GDP maintain anywhere near that and he won't lose.Besides the alternative policies are more extreme Robin Hood economics.

Post Edited (Sat 28 Jul 12:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 13:34

Quote:

<<Shakeywrote: Tom Hanks wont be in it........you'll see why very soon.>>

<<Rasta wrote: Surely everyone knows about Him and his pal Speilberg by now?>>

Ahhh, so next week's "Trump Target" is to be Tom Hanks and his friend Steven Spielberg? Presumably, because they have just been involved in making a movie lionising the Washington Post, which of course daily undermines the Trump presidency. I wonder what invented rubbish they will come up with?

Of course, last week the target was James Clapper and didn't that turn out to be literally claptrap? You were good enough to admit it, Shakey.

Comey... Rosenstein... Daniels... Avanatti... Cohen - to name but a few - have all had manufactured and wholly invented fury aimed at them, fortunately without much effect. And just wait for the toxic inventions that will be heading Meuller's way very soon...

Can't you see that it is all just a distraction???

Surely you are not that gullible?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 14:16

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 28 Jul 13:34

Quote:

<<Shakeywrote: Tom Hanks wont be in it........you'll see why very soon.>>

Ahhh, so next week's "Trump Target" is to be Tom Hanks and his friend Steven Spielberg? Presumably, because they have just been involved in making a movie lionising the Washington Post, which of course daily undermines the Trump presidency. I wonder what invented rubbish they will come up with?

Of course, last week the target was James Clapper and didn't that turn out to be literally claptrap? You were good enough to admit it, Shakey.

Comey... Rosenstein... Daniels... Avanatti... Cohen - to name but a few - have all had manufactured and wholly invented fury aimed at them, fortunately without much effect. And just wait for the toxic inventions that will be heading Meuller's way very soon...

Can't you see that it is all just a distraction???

Surely you are not that gullible?

Nope...nothing to do with Trump..this pair have been on the radar for a good while now...hence my post.
Surely you're not that gullible to think everything is about the orange bunglefudge?

Seems a victim has come out the woodwork...
Hollyweird at it again.

Post Edited (Sat 28 Jul 14:20)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 14:28

<<richie wrote: 4.1% GDP maintain anywhere near that and he won't lose.Besides the alternative policies are more extreme Robin Hood economics.>>

Robin Hood economics??? Heavens, where do I start with this one?

We are already hearing countries like Germany, France, the UK, large swathes of the EU, Japan, SE Asian nations, Australia, New Zealand, even Canada for heaven's sake, saying their alliances with the US might survive four years of Trump, but not eight.

Remember that borders have two sides and the other side always has the option to close the door too. Don't forget Newton's third law of motion; To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

There are many dimensions to this - obviously trade, economic, military being big parts of the equation - but it is the loss of trust that ultimately is the most damaging. Just think of this in your own personal life: If you have a friend who constantly decries you, belittles and insults you, seems to prefer hanging around with people you dislike, who behaves embarrassingly in public, how long are you going to keep him in your trusted circle?

This is the real issue. America's economic success is founded on the dollar being the standard currency for international trade. But that only lasts as long as there is good will. Lose that good will - and certainly Trump is making a very good fist of that - and there will be consequences.

Countries could and would opt for, let's say the Swiss Franc as the new base currency (it is pretty much on parity with the dollar anyway), and suddenly all that commission that America earns from each and almost every little trade that takes place in the world every day of the year disappears. This is known as invisible earnings and they represent a massive chunk of America's income - trade is absolutely fundamental to the US economic model.

Economist are estimating that in a worst case scenario - where oil and commodity trading, ship chartering (hiring), shipping and air freight costs switch from the dollar to another currency - it could represent a permanent hit of up to 8% of US GDP!

In other words, US GDP would move firmly into negative territory.

If Trump's trade policies continue on their current path to fruition, very quickly the USA could enter a Depression the like of which has never been seen before, not even the one that followed the 1929 Wall Street Crash.

It is all very easy to throw simplistic slogans out there, but life has a habit of biting you on the backside when you do. In time, Trump supporters - indeed sadly, all Americans - may well find that out the hard way. I hope not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 15:40

Just because something is priced in dollars doesn't mean you need dollars to buy it.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 17:30

Not strictly true, TOWK. Invariably, in the supply chain, dollars change hands at the sharp end.

Outside of domestic movements (eg trucking or coastal shipping), every international container trading outside the EU will carry dollar costs once it crosses the ship's side. As for the ship itself, all charter and freight charges will be in dollars. You may pay your freight forwarder in Scotland in pounds to move your container to say Hong Kong, but the freight forwarder will almost always pay the shipping line in dollars.

In the oil, gas and commodities markets, which represents the bulk of goods traded by weight, the US dollar is king. And every dollar spent is a dollar added to the US's invisible earnings.

Some countries, notably Japan and China, have been building up their shipping fleets so as to give themselves greater control of their supply chain. By doing so, they have increasingly squeezed the dollar out of their costs. In contrast, the US has virtually no international shipping fleet, so is utterly dependent on foreign shipping to handle all its imports and exports. If those foreign shipowners opt to charge in another currency, well you can imagine how costly that would be to America. Each dollar lost is ultimately a dollar lost to US GDP.

The US has an awful lot to lose.

Post Edited (Sat 28 Jul 17:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 28 Jul 20:36

Saddam died as he was going to trade oil in euros not dollars.Not a nice guy but he would still be in power but for that mistake.

https://falkvinge.net/2012/10/06/the-us-invaded-iraq-because-it-wouldnt-have-survived-otherwise/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jul 01:14

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 29 Jul 02:38

Trump had a tape released of him saying he just walks up to women and "grabs them by the p****y", they elected him after that. There's nothing that will stop him serving his term, because the GOP and his base supporters do not give a damn about what he's up to.

He'll get a 2nd term, because as a nation the United States are getting dumber.

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 29 Jul 04:39

That is an excellent article, donj. Thank you for drawing it to our attention.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 29 Jul 12:51

OZ-Trump doesn't want to alienate any trading nation he only wants a fair platform.Is a crash possible?Unlikely.These are rare events and with the Banking system more stable with ample capital cushions,a mild recession down the line could and probably will happen.Will it be enough to end his presidency at 4?Probably not.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Jul 06:40

Quote:

<<Shakey wrote: Tom Hanks wont be in it........you'll see why very soon.>>

<<OzPar wrote: Ahhh, so next week's "Trump Target" is to be Tom Hanks and his friend Steven Spielberg? Presumably, because they have just been involved in making a movie lionising the Washington Post, which of course daily undermines the Trump presidency. I wonder what invented rubbish they will come up with?>>

Hah! Exactly as I expected. Another fake lead from those dangerous clowns at QAnon.

Shakey and Rasta - honestly, you guys need to get out of that space. The worms are eating your brains and forcing you to suspend good judgement so as to absorb these conspiratorial lies.

You may think this "knowledge" empowers you; makes you wiser than those around you. In truth, every time you come out with this nonsense, it diminishes you; makes you look foolish.

Please read this:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/30/qanon-4chan-rightwing-conspiracy-theory-explained-trump
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Jul 10:39

Sure.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 31 Jul 11:52

I just knew you would see sense...

;)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 06:41

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 31 Jul 11:52

I just knew you would see sense...

;)

Sure.
Why are you so scared of Hanks and Spielberg being saviles?
They've got nothing to do with you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 07:00

Because, like so much that comes out of the sick mind(s) of QAnon, I am satisfied that it is a load of boll*cks. Just like Pizzagate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 13:30

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 1 Aug 07:00

Because, like so much that comes out of the sick mind(s) of QAnon, I am satisfied that it is a load of boll*cks. Just like Pizzagate.

Savile was bollocks until it all came out....
Witness accusing Spielberg of rape now.
Weinstein was the bone to our dog.
You'll see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Aug 13:01

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 2 Aug 13:46

Hopefully it won't end ambiguously so as to leave open the possibility of a sequel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Aug 15:19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45040614

Good grief.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Aug 16:14

Christ on a unicycle, that's a depressing read...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Aug 01:23

I see that after eight months, Admin has decided to take down Shakey's "Truth about to be revealed" thread.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 3 Aug 19:03

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 3 Aug 01:23

I see that after eight months, Admin has decided to take down Shakey's "Truth about to be revealed" thread.

About time. Let's start another one. 😎
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Aug 22:46

I find it was strange that it was removed rather than just locked. I mean it was absolute nonsense but it has been that way for sometime. Why now?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Aug 23:34

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Aug 23:41

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 4 Aug 00:22

Admin won't answer even when you email them.
Seems strange as there were still comments ongoing

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Aug 01:09

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Aug 01:35

Hahaha aye admin are involved in a msm cover up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Aug 12:01

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Aug 11:53

I love Ben Garrison's work.
It has this kind of retro feel that reminds me of Hans Schweitzer's work...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Aug 00:15

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Aug 00:41

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 14 Aug 09:01

We do appear to have moved on from "the meeting never happened" to "its a set up Guv honest"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 14 Aug 12:52

Nice one, LPF.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 14 Aug 22:49

😉
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 21 Aug 11:45

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net