DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sturgeon
Topic Originator: Opelfruitloops  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 13:07

Never been a fan but I thought her statement on Alex Salmond was pretty good.

Be true to who you are
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sturgeon
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 15:14

She has integrity by the bucket load. Exactly the type of thing leaders should be made of.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 15:51

Couldn't have been easy for her one bit but in an age of cover ups, this kind of honesty is refreshing to see.

I suspect these allegations won't amount to much. Salmond has his flaws and a bit old school I guess with the opposite sex.
Sexual harassment can now cover things like an unasked for hug or a touch on the hand or knee and he maybe never even realised what he had done.
Curious it took 5 years to surface too as they date back to 2013.
If he's charged then he has a case to answer for but as I understand it, he is not allowed to know anything about these allegations yet named which I also find wrong.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 17:05

BBC news wetting themselves over this, keeps their Tory pals out of the public domain.
Good statement by Sturgeon though, gives assurances that nothing will be swept under the carpet, unlike other Parliaments.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 20:53

The depths the UK government will go to , to undermine Scottish independence has no limit.

I obviously know nothing about these allegations but will say right now it will prove to be a crock of s**t.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 21:00

I don't think it was quite so difficult for Nicola Sturgeon to be so even-handed since Alex Salmond has a tendency to behave like he is still the leader of the SNP.

Regarding the actual allegations, I should imagine AAPS is on the mark with his assumption that they are more likely at the 'unwanted attentions' of the sexual offences scale. After being booted out of office lby the electorate last year salmond still imagined he was popular enough to take a one-man show to the Edinburgh Fringe. By all accounts it was more Edinburgh cringe, with one of his attempted jokes being likened to a Benny Hill gag from the 1970s. It did not go down well with our self-appointed guardians of morality.

Why now, is a question understandably being asked. It is hard to believe there is not a political dimension somewhere here. The two political parties which have offered the biggest threat to the Scottish status quo in the last 20 years have been the SSP and the SNP. The SSP could only ever win a handful of elected representatives but it was, in its day, quite influential and just before Tommy Sheridan was publicly shamed, likely to make an alliance inside Holyrood with the SNP in an upcoming election. Now, in the midst of Brexit and talks of referendums in the air, issues which could transform the nature of the UK State, the most prominent spokesperson for Scottish independence finds himself embroiled in a scandal. Then again, maybe we are just unlucky in our political party leaders.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 22:49

Well I would guess if the 'establishment' wanted to embarrass the Scottish independence movement they would of had these allegations surafce in 2014, a year after the harrasment allegedly occurred but still before the independence referendum.
As it is who actually cares about Salmond now? He's an ex politican who has been filling his pockets on Russian state TV and gearing up for full retirement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 23:12

A stitch-up that he has called out.The Union panicking as they worry about screwing up Brexit and maybe the whole UK in one fowl swoop.This is only to try to stop the SNP but Sturgeon played it well.

p***-ups in brewery's do spring to mind with the worst government in our history.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 23:43

If it's a stitch up then it's one that the snp goverment must be heavily involved in
On Wednesday Alex Salmond started court proceedings to stop the Scottish Government from going public over the complaints.
Let that sink in for a second.
Now imagine it was a Tory who was going to go to court to stop the Scottish government from going public over allegations of sexual harassment.
Would you also consider that to be a stitch up?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Aug 23:43

If it's a stitch up then it's one that the snp goverment must be heavily involved in
On Wednesday Alex Salmond started court proceedings to stop the Scottish Government from going public over the complaints.
Let that sink in for a second.
Now imagine it was a Tory who was going to go to court to stop the Scottish government from going public over allegations of sexual harassment.
Would you also consider that to be a stitch up?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 17:09

Important to note that the court proceedings are against the civil service who are UK appointed who serve the Scottish government by law.
It should be noted too that David Clegg of the Daily Record made a headline of "sexual assault" which is more serious than 'harassment' and may get him or his editor in serious trouble.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 21:09

Fantastic stitch up...do it while he is First Minister and campaigning for Indy, or when he is an MP campaigning for re- election, or when he is neither - just a sad loser, part time Panto artist and Russian telly stooge.
Jings you Seps are so frigging thick.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 21:18

Quote:

Mario, Sat 25 Aug 21:09

Fantastic stitch up...do it while he is First Minister and campaigning for Indy, or when he is an MP campaigning for re- election, or when he is neither - just a sad loser, part time Panto artist and Russian telly stooge.
Jings you Seps are so frigging thick.

Step forward Gerry
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 21:39

The Scottish civil service based in Edinburgh are not UK appointed, the staff in St Andrews Hoose and allied depts have been recruited locally for decades before devo was even thought about.
The Scottish Office..get it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 22:09

Quote:

Mario, Sat 25 Aug 21:39

The Scottish civil service based in Edinburgh are not UK appointed, the staff in St Andrews Hoose and allied depts have been recruited locally for decades before devo was even thought about.
The Scottish Office..get it?

No, you're point is caller?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Aug 23:07

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/08/when-they-decide-to-get-you/
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 06:34

My point was directed at the one who raised the subject on civil servants, which I am sure he can respond to on his own behalf.
I have also made the point that if this is some plot to undermine the Indy cause it makes no sense to fit up the man who is now ex leader/ex FIrst Minister/ex MP. Sturgeon will be smirking though, as he has been sniping at her from the sidelines for months.
Also like everyone else I have no idea if there is any foundation to these allegations, but the Cult have closed ranks - if it been anyone from any other party they would have been hung drawn and quartered by the Seppy lynch mob within a day...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 08:29

Quote:

Mario, Sun 26 Aug 06:34

My point was directed at the one who raised the subject on civil servants, which I am sure he can respond to on his own behalf.
I have also made the point that if this is some plot to undermine the Indy cause it makes no sense to fit up the man who is now ex leader/ex FIrst Minister/ex MP. Sturgeon will be smirking though, as he has been sniping at her from the sidelines for months.
Also like everyone else I have no idea if there is any foundation to these allegations, but the Cult have closed ranks - if it been anyone from any other party they would have been hung drawn and quartered by the Seppy lynch mob within a day...

Examples of AS sniping please. Not seen much comment's from the Seps re wee Gerry... Examples needed there also
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 09:28

Mario, I am a 'sep' and all you have done it rehash the very same points I made earlier.
I don't quite understand the eagerness of independence supporters to try and sweep all this under the carpet and pass it off as some sort of set up. Does the case for independence rest on the character and behaviour of Alex Salmond?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 10:23

If you think scottish office permanent posns are decided by scottish bosses you're more simple than you come across mario
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 10:57

Whatever happened to Alex Rowley and the Labour party's investigation into allegations of domestic abuse made against him? Any party which takes the moral high ground on such matters is on very shaky terrain.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:06

Yes Wee Eck but surely that was just a stitch up of Rowley?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number57  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:11

What the whang is a sep?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:16

In fairness Eck, Arnold Layne and the rest of the branch office of the British Labour Party are now a spent force in Scotland. To this day their still in denial saddling up to their blue big brothers in places like Aberdeen...
When the order comes they'll be the foot soldiers once again.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:17

A 'sep' is a soap-dodging, benefit-claiming supporter of 'the cult' who has been conned into thinking that Scotland should govern itself. This is the level to which the debate on independence has sunk since 2014.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:18

Quote:

Number57, Sun 26 Aug 11:11

What the whang is a sep?

The yoons like to call Scottish independence supporters Seps, ie separatists.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:30

The final say on Permanant Secretary posts in Scotland is made by the First Minister. Civil Service Commission vets and draws up a short list but the choice is up to the person they will be working for.
Call it a draw..
And a Sep is just short for Seperatist, Snipper for Scottish Nationalist, and Elsie is for “it’s always the fault of someone elsie” Sturgeon. Been on the go for years.

Post Edited (Sun 26 Aug 11:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number57  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 11:31

What wits they are.....

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 12:30

Both sides are at it and quite frankly it's embarrassing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 13:41

This is quite a scoop for the Record. And the allegations certainly fit the definition of sexual assault.

Of course, Salmond is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

By the same token, if, as a society, we are to root out sexual harassment, then those who have made the accusations are also entitled for those accusations to be taken seriously.

There are clearly questions to be answered as regards not only the accusations themselves, but also the timing of the complaints (and the change to the complaints procedures). Perhaps the changes were made to encourage legitimate complaints to surface.

I think when the Mark McDonald affair was made public, there was talk of there being another, unrelated, case. I assume this is it.

I suspect the relationship between Sturgeon and Salmond has been strained for some time. She would rather he butt out and behave like an elder statesman, rather than embarrass her by selling his soul to the Kremlin and with his other antics; the threat of him returning to Holyrood via a by-election (possibly in Aberdeen Donside) has not been helpful to her.

(Nevertheless it is amusing, in a dispute between the Scottish Government and Salmond, to see the UK Government somehow blamed. As has been pointed out, had the story broken at almost any other time, it would have been more damaging
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:36

What's the difference between sexual harassment and assault? And which one relates to this case?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 14:42

If assume as soon as you place your hands on someone in a sexual manner then that's sexual assault.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Aug 19:42

A view from the unionist side.

https://www.effiedeans.com/2018/08/we-must-also-defend-opponents-from.html

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 19:56

The Rev ripping them a new one as usual....

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-filth/#more-106012
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 20:38

Quote:

desparado, Sun 2 Sep 19:56

The Rev ripping them a new one as usual....

<https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-filth/#more-106012>
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Sep 23:17

It doesn't like hashes if I remember rightly.But sorted.

https://bit.ly/2NbbFww

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Sep 07:23

Those who follow Wings O’er Alba aren’t brainwashed. They have inbuilt immunity..
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net