DAFC.net
Home 18 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Richard Leonard
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 09:56

I heard him being interviewed on radio this morning. The main question was about the UK General Election which Jeremy Corbyn is calling for. You get used to politicians being evasive when it suits them but he wouldn't answer the basic question 'What would the Labour Party manifesto say about Brexit?'!

He was equally evasive about the investigation into Alex Salmond and ongoing investigations into Labour Party members in Scotland. Every time the Labour Party in Scotland elects a new leader they seem to come up with a bigger numpty than the one before.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Richard Leonard
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 10:05

They answer nothing these days, not a thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 10:28

I like quite a lot of Corbyn's policies but their complete lack of any kind of firm Brexit position is infuriating and dare I say it, a bit cowardly.

As much as I dislike the Conservatives at least most of them have nailed their colours to either Remain or Leave with a few flip flopping about the place when it's considered politically expedient for their careers but even that's done in plain sight.

Labour have exactly the same split in their party but seem to be more intent on dodging the issue so they don't face the same level of scrutiny on their Brexit position (and by extension the similar very public in fighting the Tories have gone through). It's the old political trick of stepping in when your adversary implodes which is why they're calling for an election now.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 13:20

That Labour woman on Question time was a hoot and a classic example of robotic answering.
It's like they are trained not to hear the question but to just read out a pre-prepared load of gobbledegook - no matter how many times the question is repeated. In effect they just exhaust the questioner till he/she gives up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 13:37

Corbyn and Labour absolutely are cowards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 14:00

Don't understand why Labour are wanting another GE because I don't think they are electable
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 11 Jan 14:59

Latest polls in Scotland will see them getting routed. If they favour Brexit which Corbyn does and have it in a manifesto their suppprt in Scotland will fall to 2015 level.

They never learn in Scotland do they ?

Their leaders keep getting worse just when you think it would be impossible to get any worse, they manage to pluck another gem.

Dugdale, Murphy, Lamont, then throw in a Bailey, Gray for good measure and now the incumbent Leonard.......thick as mince the lot of them.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net