DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Brexit Day
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 13:19

Betrayed by Parliament and the Metropolitan elite.

March 29th, 2019. The day democracy in the U.K. died.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Brexit Day
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 14:45

That will be the third no then. Where to now?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 15:16

If you don’t know where you’re going....any road will take you there. 😧
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 16:29

They don't want the deal on the table, they don't want to pull Brexit, they took control and went through 8 other options, rejected them all.

Embarrassing, this is the problem of having a remainer parliament, also party politics at its finest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 16:58

24th June 2016 - the day that compounded the fact that the Scottish electorate dance to middle England's tune!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 15:38

May was in remain camp

You never thought she'd make it easy to leave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 17:22

Maybe we could have a second referendum for those who voted 'Leave' and they could tell us which version of Brexit they wanted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Mar 21:11

^^^ That works for me wee eck. It takes Remain off the table 👍
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 08:36

Ah well the majority of the electorate (26-27 million ) who weren’t misled into voting to leave might be happy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 10:34

Touché Wetherby.

As you well know, we could say that a larger number were not influenced by “Project Fear” to vote Remain despite the pressure from the Ruling Classes, Barack Obama, the IMF, etc......

Post Edited (Sun 31 Mar 11:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 11:49

I find the language from the leave side to be deeply disturbing. Talk of betrayal and of elites being against the common good is reminiscent of the 'stab in the back' myth spread by the forces of evil in 1920s Germany. The fact that people who I would have hoped were educated and tolerant enough to avoid such rhetoric are lining themselves up beside the likes of former EDL leader Tommy Robinson is extremely worrying.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 12:36

Especially as all the key players on the leave side are elites themselves.

One of the worst examples was the 'Enemies of the People" headline when the judiciary had to look at whether the Government needed Parliament's approval to start Article 50.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 14:15

“I find the language from the leave side to be deeply disturbing.”

Then followed up by ...“is reminiscent of the 'stab in the back' myth spread by the forces of evil in 1920s Germany ” implying if you voted Leave you are a fascist.

Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

I see that Channel 4 has been forced to issue a grovelling apology for comments made live on Friday at the pro-Brexit rally in Westminster by the so-called veteran presenter Jon Snow: “I have never seen so many white people in one place”. Typical of this sneering luvvie broadcaster.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 14:33

I'd wager most leave voters aren't fascists but all fascists voted leave.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 14:51

I can think of quite a few “nutters” on the Remain side. Ms Soubry springs quickly to mind.

I put John Mc Donnell, Corbyn and Blair in the “dangerous” category.

What a nest of vipers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 14:53

Any views on Yaxley-Lennon and Gerard Batten?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Mar 17:44

Yes but not repeatable on a family forum.

At least they don’t present any threat to the future of the country as their views are ignored by most unlike the names I mentioned.

The BBC still love Blair and give him plenty of coverage despite him being discredited. Still on manoeuvres in Brussels trying to get on the gravy train.

Post Edited (Sun 31 Mar 17:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 1 Apr 23:29

All four options defeated. So what is the fifth option???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 07:01

We go on and on and on .
I want out and if it's no deal , so be it .
Bercow is obviously trying to lead a remainer house of commons by the hand to a second referendum . Which I reckon would divide this country for years . Btw is the Parliament channel just another name for the Anna Soubry show !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 08:15

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 2 Apr 07:01

We go on and on and on .
I want out and if it's no deal , so be it .
Bercow is obviously trying to lead a remainer house of commons by the hand to a second referendum . Which I reckon would divide this country for years . Btw is the Parliament channel just another name for the Anna Soubry show !

Do you not think the country has been divided since the referendum anyway, Parsweep? While I respect your opinion, you're in a minority in wanting to leave without a deal. The majority of Leavers admit that it would be better to leave with a deal.

Of course, the referendum only asked if we wanted to Remain or Leave. No thought was given as to how we would go about it in the event of Leave winning, because nobody believed it would happen, so now we have this complete farce. The UK (or more accurately, England and Wales ) have become a laughing stock.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 14:27

GG . I never said I wanted to leave with no deal . I'd rather have a deal , but it is what it is . With time running out we may not have much choice in it .
I will say that I'm certainly not losing much sleep worrying abt getting a deal anymore .
As for being in the minority . I was in the majority when I voted leave , but you wouldn't know that from listening to those politicians in Westminster .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 17:53

^^^^Agree with all that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 18:47

The problem is that, during the referendum campaign, the impression was given that leaving would be easy. I don't remember any reference to different types of deal or the issue of the Irish border. It's all very well to accuse politicians of not delivering Brexit but no one knows what kind of deal the majority of leavers want.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 18:58

Another problem is that 600+ Westminster MP's were elected while standing on manifesto's that promised to deliver Brexit .
Too many of them are reneging on their promises to their constituents and should hang their heads in shame .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 20:08

'Political party breaks manifesto commitment' - what a shocker! They wouldn't have known what kind of Brexit was on offer either.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 21:01

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 2 Apr 18:58

Another problem is that 600+ Westminster MP's were elected while standing on manifesto's that promised to deliver Brexit .
Too many of them are reneging on their promises to their constituents and should hang their heads in shame .

Most are delivering Brexit though.
Just because some want a soft Brexit, it is still nevertheless Brexit.
Having a no deal was never a Brexit promise.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 21:43

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 2 Apr 20:08

'Political party breaks manifesto commitment' - what a shocker! They wouldn't have known what kind of Brexit was on offer either.

They stood for election after the result of leave/remain referendum .
It was their campaign promise to deliver . If the likes of Cooper , Soubry , Thornberry , Watson , Abbott etcetera don't deliver on that promise , pretty sure they'll be punished at the next election .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 21:46

Almost all this chaos caused by a small group in the Tory party who are determined to keep their cash safe in the tax havens.And the big chance to coin it in when everything collapses.

Not one of these clowns cares in the slightest for the people in this country.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 2 Apr 22:27

<<Another problem is that 600+ Westminster MP's were elected while standing on manifesto's that promised to deliver Brexit .>>

don't think any party was given a majority to deliver on their version of brexit as per their manifesto.

T.May presented her deal and numerous red lines before the election, went to the electorate and lost her majority

Labour came out with their jobs first and their list of key objectives/tests version of brexit and didn't win a majority

DUP went to NI with their version and got 36% of the vote

the country is divided, the electoral results proved that division and the parliament is basically reflecting that
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 07:00

Wow !!! May and Corbyn working together . Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse .
They'll probably get us an even worse deal than we have already .
On a brighter note I'm looking forward to a bun fight in the commons today .
Resignations on the cards .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 09:19

Maybe it was always going to result in capitulation.

We had two Remainers leading negotiations (May, Robbins) who have blinked at every stage tying us into the NI backstop in the Withdrawal Agreement without fully understanding the political implications. That was the beginning of the end.

“No deal better than a bad deal”
“Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed”
“We’re taking back control of our Laws, Money and Borders”
“We’re leaving the Customs Union”

All empty words. We got Chamberlain when we needed Churchill.

Read the opening sentence of this thread.

TAXI!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 09:22

Got to be honest that's something I didn't think I'd see.

She's obviously not getting what she'd hoped she'd get from the DUP and she's obviously at logger heads with a significant section of our own party so she's had to go to Corbyn.

As unimpressed as I've been with Labour at least they're making some good noises about ensuring workers and environmental protections are maintained.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 10:07

One down Nigel Adams has jacked it in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 11:00

"Of course, the referendum only asked if we wanted to Remain or Leave."

It was also made perfectly clear at the time that leaving would mean leaving both the Single Market and Customs Union.

Anything that involves staying in either of them is not Brexit. That's not my opinion, that's fact.

The scare stories now about "No Deal" are no different to the same stories that said our economy would crash and burn in the event of a Leave vote. They have been disproved since then and I'm sure are just as inaccurate now.

Personally I would be more than happy for us to leave without a deal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 12:01

Would the economic impact of No Deal be worse than a Marxist/Momentum led Government?

The first is speculative but the second is a certainty.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 15:25

“Nigel Adams has jacked it in”

His two seconds of fame...anyone heard of him?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 15:35

No to be honest I had to Google him so I'm glad you posted that as I felt I should have.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 16:22

Another one down . Minister for exiting the EU . Chris Heaton -Harris

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 18:21

Quote:

Parsweep, Tue 2 Apr 14:27

GG . I never said I wanted to leave with no deal . I'd rather have a deal , but it is what it is . With time running out we may not have much choice in it .
I will say that I'm certainly not losing much sleep worrying abt getting a deal anymore .
As for being in the minority . I was in the majority when I voted leave , but you wouldn't know that from listening to those politicians in Westminster .

Apologies, Parsweep. When you posted that you couldn't wait for us to leave, I thought you weren't fussed about us getting a deal, since that doesn't appear to be likely any time soon. I have no evidence to back this up, but I think most of us would prefer to leave with a deal in place, provided it doesn't disadvantage the UK, as opposed to no deal, which most MPs seem keen to avoid.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Apr 21:14

No probs GG

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Thu 4 Apr 07:15

Nigel Adams popped up on PMQ’s yesterday, never seen him before, amazing how resigning from a minor ministerial role gets you noticed by the Speaker...
No doubt his fellow nonentity with the double barrelled monicker will get his due reward next Wednesday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 2 May 22:53

Topic Originator: donj
Date: Tue 2 Apr 21:46

Almost all this chaos caused by a small group in the Tory party who are determined to keep their cash safe in the tax havens.And the big chance to coin it in when everything collapses.

Not one of these clowns cares in the slightest for the people in this country.

Exactly. Taking back control was a phrase coined to dupe the man in the street stupid enough to believe it. The only people who will have any control are those who will gain financially from Brexit which rules out 98 % of us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Fri 3 May 09:00

"Exactly. Taking back control was a phrase coined to dupe the man in the street stupid enough to believe it. The only people who will have any control are those who will gain financially from Brexit which rules out 98 % of us."

Oh irony is such a delicious thing. Or are you really cretinous enough to believe that 100% of the populace will benefit from Scottish Independence or that Sturgeon et al care anymore about the man on the street than the likes of Rees Mogg does ?

In the word often used by Rasta on here....Bless ;)

The good old days
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net