DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Daily Mail
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:23

Workin dan in Landan and picked up their version of a so called news paper in a pub.

First thing , i was pleasantly surprised not to see an SNP baaad story on the front page.

23 pages of royal baby bullshitery. 23 pages out of 44 before the puzzle pages.

Kind of sums up Britain doesn’t it...

Keep the plebs fed on a diet of brainwashed none sense, to make them feel so Proud to be British. Kind of sums up the Brexit mentality.

Never mind that the country is going to rack and ruin, hey we have a royal baby ! How fantastic !!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Daily Mail
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Tue 7 May 22:58

Well that is a scintillating impersonation of the accent ...

Evening Standard is free, no need to nick the pub paper, gives Jocks a bad name
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 May 23:11

Never nicked it just looked at it and put it back. I would only Nick it if I was homeless and wanted to start a fire.

Ruth gives jocks a bad name in a self depreciating way at Tory party conférences ....what a pathetic individual she is dont you agree?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 07:37

Elsie does a back flip with pike on manifesto pledge.

Untrustworthy wee get don’t you agree?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 8 May 08:32

"what a pathetic individual she is dont you agree?"

Given your vile comments about millions "rightly" celebrating the death of a democratically elected leader in a previous thread I would 'respectfully' suggest it is you who is the pathetic individual.

Not fit to discuss anything on a political forum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 22:35

Lol. Politicians whose policies kill thousands of their own citizens are indeed vile individuals. And morons like you who lap it up and celebrate it are beneath contempt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 May 22:55

One more thing. What is worse , me celebrating the death of one politician , or you by supporting and voting for the Tories advocating the death of thousands??.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Thu 9 May 05:33

You know there are places you can go to for help. You absolutely need it.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:12

My what a drama queen.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 9 May 20:15

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-who-wrongly-stripped-pension-16249553?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Yip murderers....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:54

Nope..

This lady was in receipt of pension credits. She advised DWP of change in financial circumstances as she had received an inheritance. She should have continued to receive her state pension, she was entitled to that regardless even if she had won the lottery

Some clerical officer pressed the wrong button, they are busy, under pressure, and nobody is infallible. If she had only picked up the phone like her son eventually did it would have been fixed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 11 May 00:53

The Daily Heil is pretty awful for anyone of a humane disposition, but it does have the odd pithy columnist like Peter Hitchens and has adopted a fairly equivocal position in regard to Brexit. It’s saveable as a newspaper, in my view.

The Daily Express on the other hand is like wandering into some Neanderthal cave. A ridiculously high number of articles are about the royal family, a kind of running soap opera I think, where we are asked to cheer or boo and hiss certain members. Megan Markle is to be hissed for a number of reasons: she is American, who normally the Express likes, but not in our royal family thanks; remember Wallis Simpson. She is also mixed race. She was not a virgin when she married celibate (?) Harry. And of course she is female and only the Queen is allowed to be loved for that. We learned our lesson after Diana. So Megan bad, Kate good. Megan is about to bring the kid up in the USA since she has some devious hold over honest, but simple, Harry.

The rest of the newspaper inhabits some Orwellian world where every Brexiteer is ‘smashing’ ‘skewering’ ‘stunning into silence’ ‘eviscerating’ or ‘smashing’ any opponent who dares question Brexit. These words are normally put into capital letters in case we miss them. Studio audiences across the land are laughing at, deriding, shouting down and demolishing every Remainer argument in sight. Tommy Robinson has an army at his disposal who chant his name across the North of England and has every football lad on his side. Jeremy Corbyn is a Soviet spy about to be unmasked. Yet perplexingly, every day, despite all of this, the Remain vote seems to be gathering force. How can this be explained? It can’t be. So it is all some elitist plot designed to frustrate these true advocates for the proletariat, the three millionaires Farage, Rees-Mogg and Johnson. Not the most English of names for the most part, and Farage has a German wife with a villa in France, but the Express knows that he speaks for Britain.

If you think the Daily Mail is bad, have a look at the Daily Express.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 May 12:32

The printed press on the way out?

I only get one paper a week now, the Times on Saturday. Good coverage of home and International news, book and film reviews, travelogue, radio and tv for the week ahead, financial advice etc. Separate sports section and magazine.

And the crossword of course, keeps the old brain cells ticking over.

Anyway Sat morning is roll, square sausage and broon sauce. Not the same with a tablet

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 15:07

Are any papers in the UK still broadsheets or are they all tabloid now?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 11 May 15:39

I think the Telegraph is still a broadsheet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 16:14

Thanks Eck. I must admit, I don't buy papers these days and get most of my news online or on the radio. In fact, I don't even watch the telly more than a couple of hours a week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 May 20:30

I certainly agree that that the express is gutter level.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net