DAFC.net
Home 24 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Boris Johnson
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 29 May 11:17

Is off to court to find out if he told porkies, or not

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/29/boris-johnson-appear-court-eu-referendum-misconduct-claims
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Boris Johnson
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Wed 29 May 12:26

Hot on the heels of the slug Bercow's announcement today, it's quite clear the establishment are going to to all they can to stop Brexit ever being delivered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 29 May 12:43

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Wed 29 May 12:26

Hot on the heels of the slug Bercow's announcement today, it's quite clear the establishment are going to to all they can to stop Brexit ever being delivered.

Hopefully
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 29 May 12:53

Well they certainly torpedoed the Indy one. Lies, mysteriously missing ballot boxes, even coaching Lizzie to say a few words...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 29 May 13:33

Is the make-up of the 'establishment' the same regardless of which political issue is being debated? I would have thought the Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Boris Johnson, Farage, etc were all part of the 'establishment' but they're all in favour of Brexit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 29 May 13:46

The BBC have the photo to prove it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445430

Of course, Boris will be able to say he didn't paint the whopper on the side of that red bus......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 30 May 07:27

Literally nothing will happen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 08:30

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 30 May 07:27

Literally nothing will happen.

I can see the case becoming mired in legal arguments and appeal after appeal.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 30 May 09:17

Is what was on the bus technically untrue though? Is it not the case that we do contribute 350m per week to the EU budget. I know we then get a good chunk of that back but that doesn't make the claim any less true.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 09:28

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 30 May 09:17

Is what was on the bus technically untrue though? Is it not the case that we do contribute 350m per week to the EU budget. I know we then get a good chunk of that back but that doesn't make the claim any less true.

Yes, but if you get a large chunk of it back, you can't use the total outgoing figure on the NHS. Surely it would only be the net difference between the two at most, TOWK?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 10:09

Oh definetly that the spirit of the claim isn't true but in a court of law surely what was claimed is correct?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 10:21

Actually GG the bus claim never said it would spend the 350m on the NHS. It said 'let's fund the NHS instead.'

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 10:24

For people like Boris Johnson politics is just a game. Didn't he switch from 'Remain' to 'Leave' at the last minute because he thought it would advance his career? He was sacked as a journalist by 'The Times' for making stuff up was he not? He loves his image as a harmless, playful buffoon and the media play into his hands. Even this morning I heard him being referred to by a BBC interviewer as 'Boris'. Will any of his rivals be accorded that privilege?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 30 May 11:26

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 30 May 10:09

Oh definetly that the spirit of the claim isn't true but in a court of law surely what was claimed is correct?

I think you're right to be looking at the technicalities of the claim as I'm sure that's what they'll do in court.

My understanding of the prosecutions case is that the rebate is applied before payments are made to the EU so at no point do we ever send the EU £350 million a week or any annual equivalent so to make the claim is wrong although I could have misread what they hope to prove.

The figure was also denounced as misleading by the Statistics Authority.

That being said I agree with Rasta, I can't see anything happen to him. Even if he is found guilty which i dont think he will, it would be a small fine at worst.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 11:49

Also by the time we actually leave the EU it could well be possible, if it hasn't happened already, that the NHS is already receiving an extra 350m per week just through budget increases since 2016.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 30 May 14:25

The rebate is applied before we pay out.

So the 350m actually never leaves the UK. Closer to 200m I believe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 May 07:38

Technicalities blah blah blah....nothing will happen, even if it was a cut and dried crime, nothing would happen.
Politicians and consequence😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 15:08

Charges quashed - the language used in the judgement is a bit bizarre. Basically the it's down to the electorate to decide if the 'facts' presented to them during election campaigns are true or not, essentially meaning it's open season to lie through your teeth during election campaigns.

I mean, that's always been the case, but this ruling legitimises it. Bizzare.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 16:09

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 31 May 07:38

Technicalities blah blah blah....nothing will happen, even if it was a cut and dried crime, nothing would happen.

Rasta got a big, shiny crystal ball from Santa.... 🙂

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 16:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Fri 7 Jun 16:09

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 31 May 07:38

Rasta got a big, shiny crystal ball from Santa.... 🙂

Called it ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 17:22

Apparently the offence 'misconduct in public office' is about secret abuses of power. Because Boris was quite open in his abuse of power it's all fine.

So that's that then.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Jun 17:37

It really is laughable that people are gullible enough to think a major political figure/parasite will be held accountable for crimes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 22:03

He is not even PM yet and the cops were called out to his gaff last night after a neighbour called police after hearing a woman screaming.

Reports of a Loud Altercation

This is going to be fun...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 22:08

I think we will hear lots of media negativity over the next few weeks as they try to stick the knife in particularly the Beeb.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 22:12

Do you think the Daily Mail or Telegraph will stick the knife in?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 22:18

I wouldn’t bet the house on it, but just got a feeling he is going to get stuffed. Too much known baggage, some previously unknown baggage will emerge, and some new baggage to come.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 22:26

Cops getting called out cause he is roughing his bird up is not media negativity.

The guy is a liability.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 Jun 23:08

Johnson or Hunt, it doesn't really matter. The deal that May negotiated will, for the most part, be the deal we leave on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 10:20

Interesting actions by the neighbour to sell the recording to the Guardian newspaper. Hardly the actions of somebody concerned.

If the police were called out every time they heard a couple shouting they'd never get any other work done.

As for your "roughing".. Any proof ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 11:21

Would you have preferred her to sell it to the Daily Telegraph? You don't seem to think there should be any media outlets other than those with a right-wing tendency.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 12:18

I would have preferred them not to sell it at all, surely that should be pretty obvious?

Shows the neighbour has no care for anything other than trying to damage him.

Jesus, I actually can't believe you even asked that !!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 12:23

Maybe she thought it was a story worth sharing in the public interest, like the film of the Tory minister manhandling a peaceful female protester at a posh dinner.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 12:28

Or maybe you're just trying far too hard now. Been spending far too long with your nose buried in that bog roll, otherwise known as 'The National'.

As for the, perfectly justifiable, actions of Mark Field that's for a whole new thread.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 12:55

I haven't even started trying hard. You don't have to with the Tories. They inevitably resort to type and show themselves up for what they are. I wonder why he felt the need to apologise and why he has been suspended if his actions were perfectly justifiable?

Keep throwing out the insults though. It's not unexpected.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 13:03

If anything in my last post can even remotely be seen as insulting then you're an even bigger bed wetter than you're coming across as (unless that's also too insulting for you).

In the current political climate of pandering to minorities and the left he was always going to be hung out to dry by the completely spineless Conservative Party's Central Office. He should never have apologized and he should certainly never have been suspended either. Who knows what was in her bag and even if there was nothing, there were knives on every table in that place when she was in there.

At the end of the day she had no business being there.

Did you condone the actions of the milkshake thrower who attacked Nigel Farage recently in Newcastle? I am going to bet that you did. Yet, he has also apologized and also lost his job.

Field is only being condemned by the usual suspects because he's a "toff in a suit". Nothing more to it than that.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 13:31

I don't approve of people throwing anything at anyone as a political protest although I would admit to a wee smile at Farage's embarrassment and discomfort.

Ah, it's all the fault of the left - as if Tory Central Office were bothered what they thought. It's all getting a bit like the US unfortunately. Everything's fake news.

I'm surprised you know what 'bog roll' I read. What's your 'bog roll' of choice, by the way?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 14:14

The milkshake thrower weighed up the potential consequences of their action and decided that it was worth it.

Mark Field did the same.

They have both faced consequences for their actions.

If I laid my hands on a protester at my work I'd not be welcome back, same if I chucked a dairy snack at a politician.

At least the milkshake thrower didn't hysterically claim that Farage was going to stab him....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 18:03

As for your "roughing".. Any proof ?

Of course not but it is an ex public school boy we are talking about here.

A jolly good spanking whether she approves or not is the norm isn’t it old chap?

So I guess he put his hands on her like Field did....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 18:11

Difference was Wotsit that Farage had every right to be where he was when he was assaulted. The greenpeace protestor had no right to be where she was.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 19:00

When did peaceful protest stop being a right TOWK?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 19:13

If security staff had done their job she wouldn't have got in. They were all wearing red dresses with sashes stating 'Climate Emergency'. It wasn't exactly underhand.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 20:24

Wotsit, if you were at a wedding and someone came into the reception to protest the eating of meat and animal rights would that person still be entitled to peacefully protest even though they were causing disruption? The fact is because this guy is a Conservative minister some people are giving him a harder time than his actions warrant. Why can't people display some character and principle when judging someone?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 20:33

It wouldn't give me the right to manhandle them.

There are ways of dealing with such actions and jumping in like a violent buffoon is never it.

Also, it was a work function, not a wedding by the way; big difference re consequences.

Edit to add: I was also critical of John Prescott when he lamped that guy who egged him: government ministers should have self control. We'd all want to punch a dude who egged us but that wouldn't be the dignified or controlled response.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Sat 22 Jun 20:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 20:55

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 22 Jun 20:33

It wouldn't give me the right to manhandle them.

There are ways of dealing with such actions and jumping in like a violent buffoon is never it.

Also, it was a work function, not a wedding by the way; big difference re consequences.

Edit to add: I was also critical of John Prescott when he lamped that guy who egged him: government ministers should have self control. We'd all want to punch a dude who egged us but that wouldn't be the dignified or controlled response.

I dislike Tories as much as any one. However this woman was not entitled to be there and was rightfully ejected. I did not think he was overly harsh in the way he acted. Had that been a man that he ejected in a similar manner would we even be discussing this issue. There is no saying what her motives were and she could have had a concealed weapon.

Quite frankly the security here was non existent. All the protestors should never have been allowed entry. There is further footage showing several other protestors being ejected in a far more violent manner. However, since they were not MPs that footage has been cut out from most news reports.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 22:52

I was critical of Prescott when he lamped the bloke too moviescot. Nothing to do with his Toryness and all to do with the fact that he physically attacked a member of the public at a work event so he deserved to be disciplined, just like anyone else would.

Police and security are there to do a job.

Farage acted with dignity and restraint and was rewarded for it. Prescott and Field didn't and weren't.

EDIT: No she mightn't have had a concealed weapon - she was a middle-aged hippy woman Clearly representing a movement which has shown no violent tendency (indeed the opposite) and any notion that she may have been is nothing short of hysteria and is unbefitting a government minister.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

Post Edited (Sat 22 Jun 22:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 23:06

Nah, like Movie said she had no right to be there. I don't quite understand this work event line either. As if that renders you helpless to intervene when someone is breaking the law.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 23:36

Physically attacking people who aren't a threat is not how civilised people respond and you can rest assured that the vast majority of people would be disciplined by their work if they did this at a work event. I know that I would - in fact I'd have been fired on the spot.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 Jun 23:41

I'd hope your work would follow a disciplinary procedure and give you due process not just summarily terminate your contract.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 00:33

He has been suspended as a Minister whilst the matter is investigated. I would have thought that's a perfectly reasonable response. He referred himself to the Cabinet Office for a possible breach of the Ministerial Code.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 01:22

Ask yourselves if you were in his place.
Would you have simply blocked her path while wait for security to come or do as he did and frogmarch her out the door by grabbing her neck like a rag doll?

I'd also urge people to look up his history on twitter to see his real persona.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 09:24

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 23 Jun 01:22

Would you have simply blocked her path while wait for security to come or do as he did and frogmarch her out the door by grabbing her neck like a rag doll?

Who knows but part of the problem was there was no security on duty. Hence they were able to simply walk in.
To suggest that because she is a middle aged woman is relevant. They are equally as able to cause problems and could easily have some sort of weapon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 12:49

Quote:

moviescot, Sun 23 Jun 09:24

Quote:

AdamAntsParsStripe, Sun 23 Jun 01:22

Who knows but part of the problem was there was no security on duty. Hence they were able to simply walk in.
To suggest that because she is a middle aged woman is relevant. They are equally as able to cause problems and could easily have some sort of weapon.

Plenty of weapons inside the venue already without the protesters bringing their own....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 13:20

Boris now defending the bankers after the '08 crash...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 14:01

I'd hope your work would follow a disciplinary procedure and give you due process not just summarily terminate your contract.

I work for a very forgiving and understanding employer (a small charity) but this would definitely be gross misconduct and I'd be summarily fired; my contract is pretty clear about that. As soon as a leadership team member heard that I'd done anything like what Mark Field did I'd be an ex employee and if there was no LT member around to fire me I'd be suspended until there was.

Anyway, understanding is that Mark Field has been suspended and not fired?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 16:00

He'll end up with a promotion and wage rise and get elevated to the HoL in 5 years time. That's what tolies do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 17:16

Quote:

Wotsit, Sun 23 Jun 14:01

I work for a very forgiving and understanding employer (a small charity) but this would definitely be gross misconduct and I'd be summarily fired; my contract is pretty clear about that. As soon as a leadership team member heard that I'd done anything like what Mark Field did I'd be an ex employee and if there was no LT member around to fire me I'd be suspended until there was.

Anyway, understanding is that Mark Field has been suspended and not fired?

And yet. He could have easily performed a citizen's arrest as she was illegally on the premises. In that instance you are legally allowed to use reasonable force to stop and detain someone. I really do not think he did anything that dreadful. If it had been a man he stopped would we be having the same discussion?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 17:31

If it had been a man he stopped would we be having the same discussion?

Yes. I had a pretty similar conversation after Prescott lamped that egg-chucker. This is the third or fourth time I've mentioned that in this thread, just saying.

As for the rest: my understanding is that a citizen's arrest can only be performed under certain specific circumstances - I'm going to take a risk and bet that these circumstances don't apply here.

Even if they do, if I'm at work I'm discouraged from doing certain things even though they are legally allowed. For example, I'm legally allowed to spend all day in the cinema, but I'd be in trouble if I did it when I was at work. There;s no law saying that I have to answer the phone, but my employer would rather that I did.]

In a similar fashion, my employer would prefer if I didn't manhandle members of the public at work functions despite what the law says; contract of employment is a separate thing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 17:33

Whether he was right or wrong... I don't buy the adrenaline rush. Even if he is a terrible judge of a given situation and believed she may have been carrying a weapon, she said to him outside the hall that she was leaving was not going to wrestle with him... but he continued to grab her by the neck whilst frog match her out. This was a minute or two afterwards, long after any adrenaline rush would have subsided
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 19:32

Quote:

DBP, Sun 23 Jun 17:33

Whether he was right or wrong... I don't buy the adrenaline rush. Even if he is a terrible judge of a given situation and believed she may have been carrying a weapon, she said to him outside the hall that she was leaving was not going to wrestle with him... but he continued to grab her by the neck whilst frog match her out. This was a minute or two afterwards, long after any adrenaline rush would have subsided

So she says. That's called hearsay and cannot be verified.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 19:35

Quote:

Wotsit, Sun 23 Jun 17:31

If it had been a man he stopped would we be having the same discussion?

Yes. I had a pretty similar conversation after Prescott lamped that egg-chucker. This is the third or fourth time I've mentioned that in this thread, just saying.

As for the rest: my understanding is that a citizen's arrest can only be performed under certain specific circumstances - I'm going to take a risk and bet that these circumstances don't apply here.

Even if they do, if I'm at work I'm discouraged from doing certain things even though they are legally allowed. For example, I'm legally allowed to spend all day in the cinema, but I'd be in trouble if I did it when I was at work. There;s no law saying that I have to answer the phone, but my employer would rather that I did.]

In a similar fashion, my employer would prefer if I didn't manhandle members of the public at work functions despite what the law says; contract of employment is a separate thing.

Citizen's Arrest Laws

Citizen's Arrest Laws

In most cases, you must find a person either in the act of committing a crime, or escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person, in order to lawfully make a citizen's arrest. In particular, if you are arresting a person for an indictable offence, which is the most serious type of offence and includes violent offences, you can only make the arrest at the time you witness the person committing the offence. It is against the law to arrest a person after any lapse in time for having committed an indictable offence, unless it is relation to your property.

In special circumstances of any type of criminal offence that is committed on or in relation to your property, you may either:arrest a person you find in the act of committing a crime; or. arrest a person within a reasonable period of time after having found that person committing a crime.

Post Edited (Sun 23 Jun 19:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 19:47

Did you miss this part:

In order for the citizen's arrest to be lawful, the following two conditions must also be satisfied:

(1) it appears to the person making the arrest that it is not reasonably practicable for a Constable to make the arrest instead;

(2) the arrestor has reasonable grounds for believing that the arrest is necessary to prevent one or more of the following:
the person causing physical injury to themself or others;
the person suffering physical injury;
the person causing loss of or damage to property;
the person absconding before a constable can assume responsibility for him

In what way was it "not reasonably practical for a constable to make the arrest instead"?

Was there any reasonable (i.e. non-hysterical) reason to believe that she was violent, intent on criminal damage or was about to make a run for it?

In fact, Mark Field's actions actually increased the risk of personal injury rather than prevented it.

Post Edited (Sun 23 Jun 19:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 20:16

Quote:

Wotsit, Sun 23 Jun 19:47

Did you miss this part:

In order for the citizen's arrest to be lawful, the following two conditions must also be satisfied:

(1) it appears to the person making the arrest that it is not reasonably practicable for a Constable to make the arrest instead;

(2) the arrestor has reasonable grounds for believing that the arrest is necessary to prevent one or more of the following:
the person causing physical injury to themself or others;
the person suffering physical injury;
the person causing loss of or damage to property;
the person absconding before a constable can assume responsibility for him

In what way was it "not reasonably practical for a constable to make the arrest instead"?

Was there any reasonable (i.e. non-hysterical) reason to believe that she was violent, intent on criminal damage or was about to make a run for it?

In fact, Mark Field's actions actually increased the risk of personal injury rather than prevented it.

There were no constables at the venue so how could one arrest anyone. And yes she could well have been there to do criminal damage. If I saw someone who was not supposed to be in the premises, I would assume they were for criminal means. Why else would they be there illegally.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 20:57

You are telling me that there were no police at an event where the Chancellor of the Exchequer was speaking? I find that difficult to believe.

I also find it difficult to believe that any reasonable person would expect that that hippy wifey was set on destruction. Just not plausible, sorry and to say otherwise is frankly ludicrous. Look at her for crying out loud!

Criminal trespass is not grounds for citizen's arrest and citizen's arrest should be proportionate: for starters she agreed to leave well before he stopped frogmarching her by the neck.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 21:00

Quote:

moviescot, Sun 23 Jun 19:32

Quote:

That's very true and I'm only assuming that she was being truthful because in the instant when she was tackled, she was completely passive and made no aggressive moves to either get him off or to get past him to continue her journey to the top table. So based on the reactions of the two individuals, I'm choosing to believe her statement
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:19

Quote:

DBP, Sun 23 Jun 21:00

Quote:

moviescot, Sun 23 Jun 19:32

Quote:

That's very true and I'm only assuming that she was being truthful because in the instant when she was tackled, she was completely passive and made no aggressive moves to either get him off or to get past him to continue her journey to the top table. So based on the reactions of the two individuals, I'm choosing to believe her statement

I'm choosing not to.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 Jun 22:20

Quote:

Wotsit, Sun 23 Jun 20:57

You are telling me that there were no police at an event where the Chancellor of the Exchequer was speaking? I find that difficult to believe.

I also find it difficult to believe that any reasonable person would expect that that hippy wifey was set on destruction. Just not plausible, sorry and to say otherwise is frankly ludicrous. Look at her for crying out loud!

Criminal trespass is not grounds for citizen's arrest and citizen's arrest should be proportionate: for starters she agreed to leave well before he stopped frogmarching her by the neck.

Ok. How did about 10 people in very colourful clothing all get passed the security detail? No one was stopped at the door. Explain? They should never have got to where they were.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 13:23

Back to BoJo - the Evening Standard has published a picture of him and his partner in a garden which they claim is evidence of a reconciliation between them. It looks like it was taken with a telephoto lens so I wonder how his supporters feel about this latest intrusion into his private life?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 20:10

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 24 Jun 13:23

Back to BoJo - the Evening Standard has published a picture of him and his partner in a garden which they claim is evidence of a reconciliation between them. It looks like it was taken with a telephoto lens so I wonder how his supporters feel about this latest intrusion into his private life?

Taken before he had his hair cut,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 20:35

Looks like Boris the Buffoons approval ratings have taken a right good hammering and weak as p*** the ‘’ other Jeremy ‘’ could be nudging ahead in the battle of the brain dead.

And Boris bottled the debate tomorrow evening....surprise surprise.

I bet all the NHS staff in England are caught between a rock and a hard place choosing between those two clowns, mind you normal folk don’t get to choose do they ? only a handful of predominately white males over 55 will decide.

The mother of all Parliaments eh ? Jesus wept..

Oh and hot off the press Jeza MK II wants to bomb Iran with his transatlantic Boris lookalike chum......Jesus double wept.

Run Scotland Run !
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 20:46

If this fiasco doesn't result in the death of the Union I honestly don't know what's wrong with this country. Utter chaos
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 21:10

And now the rats who sold the tape to the Guardian are asking the press to "respect their privacy".

Shameless
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 24 Jun 23:51

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Mon 24 Jun 21:10

And now the rats who sold the tape to the Guardian are asking the press to "respect their privacy".

Shameless

Shoot the messenger much?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 25 Jun 10:04

''If the Johnson family had stuck to showbusiness like the Osmonds, Marx Brothers or von Trapp family, the world would be a better place. Yet the Tories, in their terror, have elevated a cavorting charlatan to the steps of Downing Street, and they should expect to pay a full forfeit when voters get the message. If the price of Johnson proves to be Corbyn, blame will rest with the Conservative party, which is about to foist a tasteless joke upon the British people – who will not find it funny for long.''

These are the words of Max Hastings, a former editor of the Daily Telegraph and Evening Standard who knows Boris Johnson well and employed him as a journalist.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 07:11

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 24 Jun 20:46

If this fiasco doesn't result in the death of the Union I honestly don't know what's wrong with this country. Utter chaos

We're not leaving, we're too valuable, they'll cheat again.

Post Edited (Wed 26 Jun 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Jun 20:21

Apparently he makes little cardboard buses in his spare time.

Check out his cringeworthy interview on the subject.

PM? FFS...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 12:40

He doesn't really though desperado, Boris himself called it a dead cat. ie when losing an argument through out a dead cat, everyone talking about the dead cat and no one talking about how much of a sh1t you are.

His team are definitely not stupid, not only was this a dead cat, it was also specifically designed to help bury the Boris bus lies etc.

Now when you search google for boris and bus you get this story and not the lies etc.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 12:42

'Now when you search google for boris and bus you get this story and not the lies etc.'

That's a really good point that I hadn't thought of.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 13:51

Apparently there's a good chance that Johnson won't be able to command a majority in the HoC and may, therefore, never be PM even if he wins the Tory leadership. In fact if the queen doesn't think he'd get a majority she may not even invite him to form a government.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 14:00

Any Conservative MP who helps to overthrow a Conservative Government and bring on the horrific spectre of a Marxist Corbyn government will face immediate deselection and unemployment.

They'll back down soon enough.

As much as Johnson is a clown, just sit back and imagine for a minute what would happen to this country with - for example - an utter imbecile like Diane Abbott as Home Secretary !
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 14:36

Even if every Tory MP votes for him it's not enough for a majority.

The Tories lost the election, remember?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 14:41

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Fri 28 Jun 14:00
As much as Johnson is a clown, just sit back and imagine for a minute what would happen to this country with - for example - an utter imbecile like Diane Abbott as Home Secretary !

I mean, we had to suffer May as Home Sec and then PM for years so you never know...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 22:34

Topic Originator: Berkey
Date: Fri 28 Jun 12:40

He doesn't really though desperado, Boris himself called it a dead cat. ie when losing an argument through out a dead cat, everyone talking about the dead cat and no one talking about how much of a sh1t you are.

His team are definitely not stupid, not only was this a dead cat, it was also specifically designed to help bury the Boris bus lies etc.

Now when you search google for boris and bus you get this story and not the lies etc.

I think you are actually right on that one tbh.....I was thinking to myself as I watched that interview that Boris is a complete and utter buffoon but ‘ this can’t be real ‘’ . However the fact that he sounded and indeed reminded me of the gin soaked alky from the fast show was not a deflection . He could hardly string a coherent sentence together.

Bumbling, mumbling buffoon.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Fri 28 Jun 23:19

I really dread to see him let loose as PM.
He upset enough countries when May let him loose as Foreign Minister.He has the tactical careful considerate style as a bull in a china shop has.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 09:10

Buffoon?
He knew bumbling on about cardboard buses would help Google bury his NHS bus....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 09:49

It's a pity his fan club don't see what we see
Still confident he's the best PM for Scotland.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 10:14

Strange how when I Google 'Boris Johnson NHS bus' I get exactly what I expect, a series of photos and articles about the infamous brexit bus.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 12:03

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 29 Jun 10:14

Strange how when I Google 'Boris Johnson NHS bus' I get exactly what I expect, a series of photos and articles about the infamous brexit bus.

Me too. Hidden. Ha ha
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 19:46

When I Google "Boris Johnson NHS Bus broken promise" I get those stories too!

"Boris Johnson bus" however......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 29 Jun 23:28

Called the French turds recently and BBC decided not to air his comment.....all over social media now so does not really matter what BBC censor.

It is going to be a f*****g laugh a minute with Bojo at the helm.

Maybe that is the way forward. Instead of electing serious types like TM who ran through a corn field.....with her clothes on apparently......thank f**k....why don’t we elect comedians every couple of years to be PM?

Bojo this time, Frankie Boyle next time ( oh I just remembered the Scotch are not allowed to.....a union of equals eh ? )
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 06:37

I know Gordon Brown's tenure could be described as forgettable, but still....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 07:29

The usual sceptics...it's taken out the top two searches....like it or not that is manipulation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 09:04

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 30 Jun 07:29

The usual sceptics...it's taken out the top two searches....like it or not that is manipulation.

No it hasn't.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 09:05

No that wouldn't prove it would have been manipulation.
Anyway several times in recent weeks I have been looking up images and stories regarding that bus and I never once thought I'd search for them soley using the words 'Boris bus'. I'd always stick in the word brexit or nhs in there as well. Of course what is interesting is that if you google 'Boris bus' now the first few stories are about this possible 'manipulation' and the Brexit bus stories are now even further down the page. How convenient.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 09:12

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 30 Jun 09:05

No that wouldn't prove it would have been manipulation.
Anyway several times in recent weeks I have been looking up images and stories regarding that bus and I never once thought I'd search for them soley using the words 'Boris bus'. I'd always stick in the word brexit or nhs in there as well. Of course what is interesting is that if you google 'Boris bus' now the first few stories are about this possible 'manipulation' and the Brexit bus stories are now even further down the page. How convenient.

Is that not just a timeline issue? More recent events appear earlier. And if you search Boris Brexit bus you get exactly what you asked for
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 09:12

Y'all need to remember that Google results are based on your search history. So different people will get different results, based on the sort of stuff that Google's algorithms think you might be looking for.

Post Edited (Sun 30 Jun 09:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 09:45

Quote:

Wotsit, Sun 30 Jun 09:12

Y'all need to remember that Google results are based on your search history. So different people will get different results, based on the sort of stuff that Google's algorithms think you might be looking for.

I'd excluded the Russian bride adverts to try and account for that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Jun 20:44

I'm a Safe Search On kind of guy myself, but each to their own.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net