DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nigel Farage
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 11:36

He's now telling us he believes we should all take out private insurance for our healthcare. He doesn't believe we can expect Central Government to provide healthcare "from cradle to grave " for everyone, with a budget of "£100 million a year."

Oh the fekking irony! What about the £350m A WEEK that we'll save after Brexit? I wonder if he has even the faintest idea of how much private healthcare costs and how far out of reach these costs are for the less well off in our society? Maybe he thinks we should adopt the two tier American system?

What an absolute Kundt of a man! I'll happily boot him in the baws if I ever meet him.

Eta. I just saw a video clip of Farage spouting this nonsense on Twitter but can't find a reference to it elsewhere. It may be quite old but no less annoying.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Jun 11:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nigel Farage
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 11:49

Did you mean 100 billion a year GG?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:09

He's been an advocate of a US style health care system for as long as I can remember so it may well be an old clip you've seen. In fairness to him I dont ever remember him being part of the £350 million for the NHS for that reason.

"I wonder if he has even the faintest idea of how much private healthcare costs and how far out of reach these costs are for the less well off in our society"

Sadly he'll have a very good idea as to what the impact will be for working class (middle class as well in all likelihood) people but he's ideologically sound with that as are a few Conservatives. What he will do going forward is use the current troubles caused by under funding as an argument that people have to take responsibility for their own health care and it's the decent thing for working class people to do. Then we can advocate some more tax cuts...

It's one if the main reasons I have an ironic smirk to myself everytime an Express/Sun/Daily Mail writer or reader portrays him as some kind of representative of the "man on the street" sticking it up to the elite.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:54

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Mon 3 Jun 11:49

Did you mean 100 billion a year GG?

Nah, he definitely says £100 million a year in the clip and it's subtitled too, which makes me wonder as to how old it is. It was posted by one Rob Delaney, who feels as strongly about Farage as I do. If I can work out how to share it on here, I will.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/gdCNI0GquxTDGo-D0KeCsgfNQL0kfTHDBwC1ztkPVO9dO09V_NuNrBPmTdgDKMuvf-VOGKun8I0XPr_a5TlykpYYrcXWYZhpCDPNOJ21tA=s0-d-e1-ft https://ea.twimg.com/email/self_serve/media/play-400x400.png

Sorry about its length. I don't have the IT skills to tidy it up. ☹

Eta. Doesn't appear to be working. Where's Admin when you need them?

Post Edited (Mon 03 Jun 13:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:05

That link's about as long as the queue of immigrants in that poster Farage used in the European referendum campaign to illustrate the number of 'scroungers' coming from Europe. They weren't from Europe of course.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:08

I've just googled Rob Delaney. He's American and is full of praise for our "underfunded NHS."

Given he has had first hand experience of both our NHS and the American welfare system, I think his opinions have credibility.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:33

Fixed as best I can GG

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:36

Nope... Still not working.
Apologies

Admin
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:57

Ferage's comments on health insurance were from October 2012. They appear at about 6:36 in this video. By an amazing coincidence, I was watching this earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HDFegpX5gI
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 14:50

Instead of putting the URL inbetween the opening and closing tags, eg ...]your URL[... have it within the opening tag, and put in shorter more descriptive text between the tags where you previously put the URL, eg

[_URL=yourURL_]your short link text _[_/_URL]

Take out the underscores, trying not to trigger any formatting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 16:47

Let me say that I have no time for Farage, possibly the most odious man in the country today (or possibly 2nd, given we have a visitor...)..

However, the nation's health (and the NHS's involvement) is a huge issue that is being treated like a sacred cow.

Just because something was the bees' knees 70 years ago doesn't mean it is fit for purpose now - demographics have changed and society has changed.

We are spending upwards of £100 bn a year on it. Is that sustainable, and are we getting value for money?

Stories abound about the fantastic care that is provided (free at the point of delivery); we hear some horror stories too. Surely we should be able to have a grown-up discussion about the best way of providing healthcare deep into the 21st century?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 19:15

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Mon 3 Jun 16:47

Let me say that I have no time for Farage, possibly the most odious man in the country today (or possibly 2nd, given we have a visitor...)..

However, the nation's health (and the NHS's involvement) is a huge issue that is being treated like a sacred cow.

Just because something was the bees' knees 70 years ago doesn't mean it is fit for purpose now - demographics have changed and society has changed.

We are spending upwards of £100 bn a year on it. Is that sustainable, and are we getting value for money?

Stories abound about the fantastic care that is provided (free at the point of delivery); we hear some horror stories too. Surely we should be able to have a grown-up discussion about the best way of providing healthcare deep into the 21st century?

I hear what you're saying, McCaig, the NHS could be run more efficiently for sure but I'm sure you'll agree that moving to an American style of healthcare would be an absolute disaster for the poorer people in our society.

I sometimes think there are strong similarities between the NHS and the EU. Too much bureaucracy, inefficiency and wastage, but the answer cannot be to throw out the baby with the bath water.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 19:19

Quote:

parsfan, Mon 3 Jun 14:50

Instead of putting the URL inbetween the opening and closing tags, eg ...]your URL[... have it within the opening tag, and put in shorter more descriptive text between the tags where you previously put the URL, eg

[_URL=yourURL_]your short link text _[_/_URL]

Take out the underscores, trying not to trigger any formatting.

Thanks very much for that, parsfan, but it's all Greek to me. ☹ I'd need to sit down with someone like yourself and get a step by step, idiot-proof guide.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 21:20

How in this age the admin still can't figure out a way to create an easy way to post a link is bonkers.
Must be a bunch of old timers :)

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 05:38

Wash your mouth out, AAPS and leave us old timers alone!!!

Some of us are quite conversant with technology and have nae bother posting links...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 5 Jun 08:57

Quote:

OzPar, Wed 5 Jun 05:38

Wash your mouth out, AAPS and leave us old timers alone!!!

Some of us are quite conversant with technology and have nae bother posting links...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

:)

Alternatively, OzPar's YouTube Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net