DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Ian Austin
Topic Originator: Captain Desmond Fancey  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 07:35

Delivers a brutal, yet very honest (and accurate) speech aimed at Corbyn, McDonnell and the likes during last night's rather heated debate.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1171148498726793218

This might come as a surprise (or not) but I have never voted Labour in my life, and may never, but even I recognize what a once grand party stood for and right now it's as far removed from that as its possible to be. With a 'true' Labour leader in charge just now they could be miles ahead in the polls.

This speech is fantastic and well worth watching.

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Ian Austin
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 14:57

I like Corbyn's policies but I dont really like him as a person. I think his leadership during Brexit has been non existent and his failure to stand up for almost any position has been down to political opportunism as he's hoped the Conservatives will implode rather than putting forward any decent position for Labour.

That being said I'm getting really fed up of wee scrotes like Austin trying to paint Corbyn as an anti semite and terrorist sympathiser, its bottom feeder stuff. It's funny how almost all of these criticisms come from MPs with links to Israeli groups.

If folk dont like Corbyn or his politics that's fair enough. Take the personality or the politics on but folk coming out with this dross should be getting challenged on it. Sadly far too many folk let it go as politics are that partizan now. It's yet another example of the dumming down of the political debate.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 15:13

Maybe I just imagined him inviting suspected IRA bombers Lynda and Gerard (I forget their surnames) into Westminster for a chat about hard prison life was for them and their ilk, just two weeks after the Brighton bomber.

Much like I maybe just imagined him referring to Hamas and Hezbollah as "friends".

Do I believe half the guff written about him? No, of course I don't and a lot of it is smears. However, his record with terrorists is - at best - dubious.

The good old days

Post Edited (Tue 10 Sep 15:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 15:48

No you didn't imagine that it happened but why did he do it?

You also didn't imagine him referring to Hamas as friends in that speech it's also well documented but again why did he do it and what was trying to achieve.

When you answer either of those questions honestly you get to the point where he's not actually a terrorist sympathiser. You potentially dont agree with his methods but he's never been team IRA or Hezbollah.

Folk like Austin know it but they have to keep throwing mud in the hope it sticks. He's another Blairite/Brown waster.

It's also funny how little gets made about the Conservatives employing an ex member of the IRA. Meeting with them: bad; hiring them to work for you: ok? Strange again how few column inches are dedicated to that story isnt it?

Post Edited (Tue 10 Sep 15:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 16:16

Surely Austin had the same thoughts as he has now, but was happy to go along with the ride to get elected using Labour Party funds and other support from the Labour Party....scummy wee scrot...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 16:16

Only he can answer why, but why would an MP for Islington invite 2 suspected bombers so shortly after such an atrocity to discuss prison conditions in Ireland if he wasn't a sympathizer ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 16:31

No surprise that the Beeb,SKY and others have chosen to ignore that speech as it doesn’t meet their Lib/Lab agenda.

They’d rather have a couple of Marxists in power to wreck the economy.

His constituency voted over 71% Leave in the referendum.
His majority was just 22 in the 2017 GE so he clearly fears that he’s on a shoogly peg in the next election with the two chancers on the Labour front bench.

Couldn’t help noticing the Slough MP behind him who was very vocal in his attack on Boris for his alleged anti Muslim remarks kept schtum during Austin’s address.

Post Edited (Tue 10 Sep 16:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 16:57

Did you actually just spout that Rupert Murdochs Sky have a Marxist agenda? Hahahahaha
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 17:15

Careful young man or you’ll dribble on your bib.

Why did SKY news cut away to the studio when he started to speak?

I haven’t seen any reference on any TV news channel.
Pretty sure if Boris was being attacked by his own side they would be all over it as usual.

Took social media to publicise. Says it all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 17:41

Quote:

Captain Desmond Fancey, Tue 10 Sep 16:16

Only he can answer why, but why would an MP for Islington invite 2 suspected bombers so shortly after such an atrocity to discuss prison conditions in Ireland if he wasn't a sympathizer ?

He's stated on many occasions he felt that ensuring prison conditions were adequate was an important part of building bridges to begin a peace process. He's always stated he was against the violence perpetrated by all terrorist organisations as well as the UK police and armed forces.

Again I'll make the point that if either the media or Ian Austin were genuinely that upset about Corbyn meeting IRA members you would have expected them to be apoplectic about the Conservatives employing a former member of the IRA as surely hiring a former terrorist is worse than meeting them?

I'm sure Austin's role with the Friends of Israel had nothing to do with his comments.

Parbucks he resigned from Labour earlier this year...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 17:53

Corbyn as Chairman of Labour FC has been one of the few cheerful things to have happened in recent years. Corbyn as Head Coach of Labour FC has always been a more questionable appointment since he is seen as very London centric and a bit of a ‘do-gooder’ to the wider public, possibly not a man to rally his team and grind out an election victory. We will find out soon enough.

Austin’s attack arises from the fear that Corbyn might find himself in Downing Street and by doing so undermine all the great shibboleths of the Blairite years. Speaking to what are called ‘terrorists’ is what all politicians end up doing sooner or later; Blair himself did so officially via an intermediary in the form of Mo Mowlam although the groundwork had been undertaken (secretly) by the Thatcher and Major administrations. Corbyn was not in government at the time and did so openly, rather than secretly. Maybe that indicates a naivety in his political operating. If the UK government had not spoken to terrorists such as Menachem Begin then the Israeli state so dear to Austin's heart would not exist in the form it does today.

If Corbyn had lost his first six matches, sacked the referee John Bercow who was apparently to blame for all this, then asked the Head of the FA to postpone all league fixtures for five weeks then I can but imagine what the media would be saying about him. Yet according to the Daily Express and Daily Mail the fans, in fact fans of all clubs, are right behind Johnson and his losing streak, and that is before he has to play in Europe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 17:58

Nobody sacked Bercow. More's the pity

The good old days
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 19:59

Bercow's played a blinder, he's more or less handed the ball to the opposition who will hopefully elect to pass it out to the left wing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 19:59

Sure I saw the Queen shaking hands with a terrorist once......oh and giving Nazi salutes also....along with the England football team...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 10 Sep 20:24

LPF

I missed that.
Explains why he had the baws to speak out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 11 Sep 01:51

Quote:

Andrew283, Tue 10 Sep 16:57

Did you actually just spout that Rupert Murdochs Sky have a Marxist agenda? Hahahahaha

Not often I agree with you but I nearly spat my teeth out at that one too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Sep 08:11

Whilst far from being Marxist, there has been a definite shift left on Sky News in recent weeks and months.

Have a read of their twitter feeds and the likes of Boulton, Rigby and the absolutely risible Kay Burley sound more and more like political activists rather than journalists.

Rigby, especially, seems incapable of hiding her bias. It's little wonder more and more people are referring to them as Sky Views rather than Sky News.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mario  
Date:   Wed 11 Sep 08:59

The Queen wasn’t the Queen when was six years old. She had no choice whose hands she shook when she was the Head of State, no matter if she’d rather spit on some them.
Interesting on the English team, they weren’t at all happy, furious even, but were under orders. Politics, appeasement etc.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Sep 09:25

Quote:

Mario, Wed 11 Sep 08:59

The Queen wasn’t the Queen when was six years old. She had no choice whose hands she shook when she was the Head of State, no matter if she’d rather spit on some them.
Interesting on the English team, they weren’t at all happy, furious even, but were under orders. Politics, appeasement etc.

Wonder if she was furious when she knighted Jimmy Savile?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 11 Sep 20:58

Captain Desmond you are either the saddest person on this forum or the biggest p*** taker I hope for your sake it is the latter
The very fact that you state Austins speech was honest and accurate would suggest the former
However as your posts are accompanied with a Pic of Miss Roberts who as you are well aware destroyed the livelihoods of many families in the Fife and surrounding area's I think you are definitely the former
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 12 Sep 06:58

Happy to confirm that I'm neither.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 13:27

His register of interests as an MP is very telling.
Almost exclusively donations from pro Israeli and Zionist sources.
I wonder why someone so heavily backed by these people and groups would be screaming "anti semitism " a known ploy of Zionism to deflect any criticism.

I have no doubt that Labour has a problem with antisemitism.
I discovered just how bad when I stumbled across the hashtag #boycottrachelreily but someone on the take from Zionists is not a good source.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/regmem/?p=11553

Post Edited (Sat 14 Sep 13:28)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net