DAFC.net
Home 18 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 CPTPP
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 15:41

I may have missed it, but when did we hold the referendum to agree joining the CPTPP? I for one object to this as I don't want the CPTPP coming here and telling us what to do. Making us accept New Zealand lamb over great British lamb...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: CPTPP
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 15:45

i wish someone would point out the concept of food miles when talking about new zealand lamb

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 16:25

From Aunty :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-55858490

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 16:51

It's like like driving 100 miles to save 20p on a packet of cornflakes.

So we don't want to be in an economic union with our neighbours but will happily join one with countries on the other side of the planet. It's beggars belief. All because some numpties still think we live in war time and the Gerrie's are running the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 1 Feb 17:43

Quote:

DBP, Mon 1 Feb 15:45

i wish someone would point out the concept of food miles when talking about new zealand lamb

Yes there are food miles but actually the carbon footprint for NZ lamb is less than British lamb.

"In 2007, Lincoln University in New Zealand, published a food miles and carbon footprint study. It concluded that lamb from NZ was more sustainable than lamb produced in the UK because it has a lower carbon footprint.
This is despite the vast distance it must travel to get to the UK. In the study, which focused on “key New Zealand products”, energy and carbon emissions from “production to plate” were calculated and compared to the next best source available to the UK market.

The research showed that for each tonne of NZ lamb produced and imported, 688kg of CO2 is emitted.

When compared to the 2849.1kg of CO2 emitted in UK production, the most sustainable lamb would appear to be that from NZ.

British farmers were understandably vexed and local researchers and farmers raised doubts over the findings. But many conceded that sheep production was more efficient in NZ than in the UK."

Currently though British lamb is now cheaper for the first time since 2011.

Post Edited (Mon 01 Feb 17:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 2 Feb 00:11

Quote:

jake89, Mon 1 Feb 16:51

It's like like driving 100 miles to save 20p on a packet of cornflakes.

So we don't want to be in an economic union with our neighbours but will happily join one with countries on the other side of the planet. It's beggars belief. All because some numpties still think we live in war time and the Gerrie's are running the game.

That Union doesn't come with the sovereign crushing rules on protecting workers rights, protecting the environment and the terrible bureaucracy of having to disclose your beneficial ownership of your offshore PPE company that you've just set up so those are good unions.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net