DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Boris the new greener brave
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 22 Apr 20:00

Tackling climate change is about "growth and jobs" not "expensive bunny hugging", Boris Johnson has said.

Speaking at a virtual summit, the prime minister told world leaders "we can build back better from this pandemic by building back greener."

At the same event, US President Joe Biden pledged to cut carbon emissions by 50-52% below 2005 levels by 2030.

Mr Johnson praised Mr Biden for "returning the US to the front rank of the fight against climate change".

Oh but wait on hud yer horses :-

The leading climate scientist James Hansen has warned Boris Johnson that he risks “humiliation“ over plans for a new coal mine in Cumbria.

The UK government, which hosts a climate summit this year, has allowed the mine at Whitehaven to go ahead.

Dr Hansen, formerly Nasa`s leading global warming researcher, urged the PM to halt production - or be "vilified".

No 10 said the UK was a world leader on climate change, but would not reverse the local council decision on the mine.

Ach Weel

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Boris the new greener brave
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Thu 22 Apr 21:59

Back in my day we slagged the Tories for closing coal mines ;)

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net