DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rich Sunak and the triple lock
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 09:24

I wondered when this would happen :-

Rishi Sunak has given a broad hint that the government will temporarily break the pension triple lock this year in order to prevent the Treasury being landed with a £3bn uprating bill.

The chancellor said there was a need to be fair to taxpayers as well as pensioners in light of a forecast from the Whitehall spending watchdog – the Office for Budget Responsibility – that a post-lockdown surge in pay growth would result in the state pension going up by 8% next April.

The government pledged at the 2019 election to continue raising the state pension in line with average earnings, the annual inflation rate or 2.5% – whichever is higher.

Have they taken into account the pensioners they culled due to their irresponsible and dithering management during covid to reach a 3bn figure

Add to that the billions they have wasted and given to friends

But the poorest pensioners in Europe will have to take the hit yet again :(

Post Edited (Fri 09 Jul 09:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rich Sunak and the triple lock
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 11:01

Good old DWP strike again!!

https://davidhencke.com/2021/07/07/a-scandalous-cover-up-the-dwp-and-ombudsman-let-down-millions-of-people-promised-an-indexed-guaranteed-minimum-pension-for-life/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 9 Jul 21:05

Words fail me LA .. cheated, lied to and now looks like manifesto pledge reversed

hope you are well

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 11 Jul 08:01

Looking like the pensions rise of around 8% is getting dropped and the cost going elsewhere, possibly to increase the 1% payrise offered to the NHS.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 11 Jul 11:29

Quote:

Tenruh, Sun 11 Jul 08:01

Looking like the pensions rise of around 8% is getting dropped and the cost going elsewhere, possibly to increase the 1% payrise offered to the NHS.

More likely to pay the drinks bill at Westminster!🤬
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 16:57

Honestly, not surprised by this at all.

Strongest advice I would give to anyone is (i) make sure you have a private pension and (ii) check the makeup of your pension and make sure the funds have as little attachment to the UK as possible.

And remember that you can draw down in any currency you like, so the value of Sterling means hee haw. Get yourself a borderless account with Transferwise and you can shift money between currencies for £2-3 at a time.

I made sure that my pension had zero attachment to the UK and the growth of it has been far better than the available UK funds from the provider.

Makes me laugh that the Unionists think pensions and currency are valid arguments against independence. Equally though, when the SNP have folk like Blackford and Swinney, who have an economic background, then I would criticise them for not going on the offensive.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net