DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SNP Green Holyrood agreement
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Mon 23 Aug 16:08

It seems there is likely to be such an agreement, assuming it gets member approval from both parties.

Any views on this?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SNP Green Holyrood agreement
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Mon 23 Aug 17:01

Makes sense, they are probably closer than ever before. They can guarantee their programmes and budgets going through without waiting till the last minute. I know who will be beiling.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Tue 24 Aug 08:53

https://yoursforscotlandcom.wordpress.com/2021/08/24/the-self-harm-deal-with-the-greens/

Here's Jim Sillars take on it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 24 Aug 09:01

makes sense...

i know after Salmond woke everyone up to the idea of using the list vote tactically, many people (myself included) did just that and voted SNP and Green on the list

here`s to an independent and green (environmentally focused) recovery!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 10:33

https://www.barrheadboy.com/no-wonder-he-is-laughing/

Barrhead Boys take on the agreement 🤝 worth a wee peak at the comments section also.

Post Edited (Wed 25 Aug 10:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 16:17

https://commonweal.scot/policy-newsletter-august-2021/

Craig Dalzell of the Greens thoughts...

First, some upfront disclosure. I am currently a member of the Scottish Green Party (though I don’t hold any official office within the party nor am I currently a member of any of the governing committees). This means that I shall have a vote on the August 28th alongside the rest of the Scottish Green membership on the proposed cooperation agreement between the Scottish Government and the Green Parliamentary Group. Should the members vote by simple majority against this deal or should it fail a 2/3rds majority vote at the party’s governing council then the co-leaders of the party are constitutionally bound to reject the deal. By contrast, the SNP’s governing body – the NEC – has already voted unanimously in favour of the deal and ordinary members will only be granted a “consultative ballot” on it.

Doesn't look like the SNP Members have taken back control of the party yet...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 17:10

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 25 Aug 10:33

Barrhead Boys take on the agreement 🤝 worth a wee peak at the comments section also.

More transphobia from Barrhead boy. These bigots really need to GTF or we will have zero chance of winning a referendum.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 17:22

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Wed 25 Aug 17:10

Quote:

Tenruh, Wed 25 Aug 10:33

More transphobia from Barrhead boy. These bigots really need to GTF or we will have zero chance of winning a referendum.

Always someone else's fault but the SNPs don't recall Barrhead Boy trying to jail anyone

Any more work done by the SNP since 2014 to advance Independence? If so let's see you share it here

Post Edited (Wed 25 Aug 17:50)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 17:29

Some of the comments on that article are more anti-SNP than you`ll see from unionists on any political story involving the Scottish government.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 17:35

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 25 Aug 17:29

Some of the comments on that article are more anti-SNP than you`ll see from unionists on any political story involving the Scottish government.

The SNP are now a one woman party all power and decisions have been removed from the membership.

Happy if you want to debunk the falsehoods. Sadly there's a lot of truth written in the comments.

Post Edited (Wed 25 Aug 17:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 25 Aug 18:42

I don`t know enough about the SNP to pronounce on the accuracy of the comments but what I notice is that all these bloggers are preaching to the converted with no dissent from their views expressed which can`t be healthy.

The electorate passed judgement on Alba and Alex Salmond at the election so if he`s the saviour of the independence movement I think we`re screwed.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net