DAFC.net
Home 26 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 To be perfectly Frank
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 09:27

Awful nightmare…dreamt Elsie the Selfie had done a Sinatra style comeback.

Took to the stage singing “ what the Wurruld needs now is me,me,me”

Eeek!

Post Edited (Sat 18 Feb 09:29)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: To be perfectly Frank
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 10:12

Don`t you dare think Elsie has left the building, she and hubbie are selecting who the next " Puppet on a String" will be .

Post Edited (Sat 18 Feb 10:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 10:39

As a support act I will put my shades on and croon “It’s over”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 10:44

How are you two obsessives going to cope without Nicola Sturgeon to have a pop at? Have you got someone else lined up to replace her?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 11:21

Elsie`s going nowhere Eck
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 11:27

I find it intriguing that both sides have these people who seem to base their whole personality around either supporting Scottish independence or British unionism.

The worst are the ones who seek to be offended by almost anything. "I`m not buying those strawberries because they have a union flag/saltire on them".

What`s most worrying is blatantly made up stories that these people seem to accept as being true. I won`t repeat it, but read an absolute belter of a story about why Sturgeon had quit. It was like one of those stories in school that end "...and then I woke up and realised it had all been a dream.". Sadly, I suspect some people do have dreams like that story and probably still have plastic sheets on their bed (it`s a mattress protector, honest!).

I`d be genuinely interested in hearing really solid reasons for independence/status quo. The status quo clearly doesn`t work but how COULD it work in a union? It`s just quite depressing to see the two sides sniping at each other rather than trying to improve things for the people of Scotland. I said this recently to someone who used to be a civil servant and he said it was just how politics worked in the UK. Very rare that parties actually work together on solutions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 12:11

The voting system for Holyrood was designed to ensure one party would not gain outright control which would encourage government by coalition. The SNP`s electoral success largely put paid to that. With First Past the Post at Westminster politics there is almost bound to be confrontational.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 12:41

Every thread I`ve read about Nicola Sturgeon resigning on various forums and social media absolutely illustrate what she said about the toll on a person during her speech. Similarly her point about people`s views being entrenched.

The most astonishing are those who claim to be independence supporters yet spent more energy denigrating her than furthering their cause.

Post Edited (Sat 18 Feb 12:41)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 18 Feb 13:29

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WT0uKxFgfws&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net