DAFC.net
Home 16 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 She’s been on the Kit Kat again
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 15:25

Mhairi Black in the Herald - “After Indy my vote would be up for grabs”

After Indy? Aff her heid!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: She’s been on the Kit Kat again
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 16:17

Quote:

Parboiled, Tue 8 Aug 15:25

Mhairi Black in the Herald - “After Indy my vote would be up for grabs”

After Indy? Aff her heid!

What exactly is wrong with that? That’s exactly the right thing to say if you support your country standing on its own two feet instead of cap in hand to a corrupt Parliament in London.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 17:06

“After Indy” is what’s wrong with it..as much of that as me winning Love Island.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 17:09

I don’t think people get this, if Scotland obtained independence, we would have Scottish general elections.

In those elections, parties and politicians would be free to put forward their vision for our country and the programmes they would initiate to achieve them… and then we would vote for who we like.

Unlike Labour, conservatives and lib dems who promote unionism, the SNP are the only vehicle for independence just now, but a) it’s bigger than them and b) a vote for independence isn’t a vote for an SNP government in perpetuity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 17:23

Always amazed that people don`t understand that the SNP would not run an independent country. The UK voted for Brexit which saw the end of UKIP. Same would true of the SNP as all Scottish parties would effectively become "Scottish" parties, whereas just now the majority are national regional parties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 20:49

Thats a lot of Party`s Jake

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 8 Aug 22:58

Yeah, not exactly well explained. What I mean is "Scottish" Labour, "Scottish" Liberal Democrats, "Scottish" Greens and the "Scottish" Conservative and Unionist would become actual parties in Scotland rather than just branch offices of their UK parents.

The SNP may still exist but wouldn`t necessarily be in charge. We can already see, for example, that "Scottish" Labour look far more aligned with their trade union roots than UK Labour.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net