DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Time up!
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 09:47

Holyrood is introducing time limits of 45 seconds for questions and a minute for answers in debates and FMQs. Going from being able to haver away as long as they like to this strict regime in one fell swoop seems rather ambitious I must say.

Some of them can barely read out the planted questions and answers wot have been writed down for them to parrot. They will surely struggle with this.

Add to the mix a timorous wet lettuce of a PO who is hardly Miss Whiplash …fun and games are in store!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 10:44

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 30 Aug 09:47

Holyrood is introducing time limits of 45 seconds for questions and a minute for answers in debates and FMQs. Going from being able to haver away as long as they like to this strict regime in one fell swoop seems rather ambitious I must say.

Some of them can barely read out the planted questions and answers wot have been writed down for them to parrot. They will surely struggle with this.

Add to the mix a timorous wet lettuce of a PO who is hardly Miss Whiplash …fun and games are in store!


I`d close it doon Buddy....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 15:44

Quote:

Parboiled, Wed 30 Aug 09:47

Holyrood is introducing time limits of 45 seconds for questions and a minute for answers in debates and FMQs. Going from being able to haver away as long as they like to this strict regime in one fell swoop seems rather ambitious I must say.

Some of them can barely read out the planted questions and answers wot have been writed down for them to parrot. They will surely struggle with this.

Add to the mix a timorous wet lettuce of a PO who is hardly Miss Whiplash …fun and games are in store!


You honestly read like satire
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 21:50

Watched FMQ’s today with watch at the ready.

Early days, but while there was some flagrant ducking and diving the PO had no cause to book anybody for time wasting..but can they keepy uppy?



Post Edited (Thu 07 Sep 22:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Sep 11:10

I didn`t see yesterday`s FMQs but I`m surprised D Ross was able to frame a question in 45 seconds.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 8 Sep 11:42

Elsie used to need at least half an hour to warm her tongue up.

Ross was fair miffed his constituents will be saddled with a trial of non investigative crime. They will be on guard outside their sheds with shotguns…

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 8 Sep 11:46

He`ll be worried it might put his wife out of a job.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Time up!
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 8 Sep 16:52

Quote:

Parboiled, Fri 8 Sep 11:42

Elsie used to need at least half an hour to warm her tongue up.

Ross was fair miffed his constituents will be saddled with a trial of non investigative crime. They will be on guard outside their sheds with shotguns…


I`d be quite happy is there was a non investigative crime involving Ross and a shotgun
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net