DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A long wait
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 13:46

..for cancer treatment has led to several Scots women paying up to £30,000 for stage 3 ovarian cancer treatment in English private hospitals. They feared any longer wait would be fatal.

Humza blamed delays on Covid, but as pointed out to him that’s only 3 years, targets have been missed for last 11 years.

These women should be compensated for this, how about FM dipping into the £2.5m he grandstanded about sending to Sub Sahara Africa for stroke and heart disease?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A long wait
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 14:01

I can`t find this particular story but I assume this sort of thing isn`t unique to Scotland. Quite sure that south of the border there wil be many examples of patients turning to the private sector to get speedier treatment.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 14:42

There was a story a couple of weeks ago of some English NHS patients being sent to Scotland for treatment, though not for cancer.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 15:02

I’m not sure that these women will take any comfort from this standard whitaboot England crap.

TOWK this cropped up in FMQ’s yesterday.

BTW Foreign aid is a reserved matter which Scots taxpayers already contribute their fair share to. You could say chipping in more out of the Scottish budget is leaning towards fraudulent as well as gesture politics.

I may be wrong, but I think I picked up this particular procedure was not available in any private hospital up here.

Anyway the NHS in both countries use this option to reduce waiting times, I know two people have had hip replacements in Murrayfield. Why not pay for urgent cancer procedures wherever it is privately available as well?

Post Edited (Fri 29 Sep 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 15:17

Why should NHS funding go towards private profits rather than towards expanding capacity within the NHS system? I suspect that this would be the most efficient use of those funds in the long term. Although when was the last time we had a government, in either parliament, that could see past the next election?

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 16:33

Not to pick holes in this story, but why would a woman in Scotland choose to go to England for PRIVATE treatment when she could just phone up and get a booking at Bupa/Spire in Scotland?

More to the point, how come my friend with cancer was seen and in surgery in under a month/2 months?

So, I've read the article. It was in relation to ONE woman who CHOSE to go to England as the wait could have been up to 3 months. It would be the same scenario in the NHS in England.

Even better is the source of this claim is...Douglas Ross 😂

Post Edited (Fri 29 Sep 16:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 19:16

Quote:

jake89, Fri 29 Sep 16:33

Not to pick holes in this story, but why would a woman in Scotland choose to go to England for PRIVATE treatment when she could just phone up and get a booking at Bupa/Spire in Scotland?

More to the point, how come my friend with cancer was seen and in surgery in under a month/2 months?

So, I`ve read the article. It was in relation to ONE woman who CHOSE to go to England as the wait could have been up to 3 months. It would be the same scenario in the NHS in England.

Even better is the source of this claim is...Douglas Ross 😂

You`re trying to tell me Parboiled is spouting bollocks to suit his agenda? I can`t honestly believe that
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 19:26

Anything he posts is generally ill-informed or completely made up.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 19:49

Parboiled`s mission is to seek out any anti-SNP story and bring it to our attention because he thinks they all represent arguments against independence. Meanwhile he totally ignores all the incompetence and corruption at Westminster. I`m sure if he`d been a passenger on the last fateful voyage of the Titanic he would have been complaining about the position of the deck chairs rather than the direction in which the ship was heading.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 19:54

Parboiled`s mission is to seek out any anti-SNP story and bring it to our attention in order to get as many posters on here jumping on his post and argue with him.

And he succeeds as some people can`t help themselves.......🤣🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 20:37

Isn`t that the point of a forum? I don`t understand this thing that if you respond to a post on here you`ve been `caught` or `trolled`. Either Parboiled holds the outrageous views he expresses on here or he doesn`t but finds it amusing to post them anyway. Neither is a particularly honourable position so I for one will continue to call him out on them. I`d like to think no one would have such a skewed view of the world but experience tells me that plenty do unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 20:41

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 29 Sept 20:37

Isn`t that the point of a forum? I don`t understand this thing that if you respond to a post on here you`ve been `caught` or `trolled`. Either Parboiled holds the outrageous views he expresses on here or he doesn`t but finds it amusing to post them anyway. Neither is a particularly honourable position so I for one will continue to call him out on them. I`d like to think no one would have such a skewed view of the world but experience tells me that plenty do unfortunately.

As you are entitled to do so......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 20:52

And you`re entitled to think you know what`s going on in another poster`s mind.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 21:45

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 29 Sept 20:52

And you`re entitled to think you know what`s going on in another poster`s mind.

Thank you so much......
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 22:14

In response to the terminally stupid..

This was the top story on STV news tonight. Ross did not invent it.

It was raised at FMQ’s yesterday, Humza did not deny it.

The option of a Scottish private hospital was a non starter. Having to go to England is irrelevant to the fact these women felt it necessary to take matters into their own hands.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 22:44

Your initial post referred to `several women`. This woman`s experience was horrible but there`s no evidence it was typical. Many points have been raised in relation to your initial post but as usual you choose to ignore them.

Anyway, according to alwaysaPar , we shouldn`t be taking any of your posts seriously.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 10:42

1. It was one woman
2. She was told it *could* be up to 3 months
3. It was her decision to pay £27k to a private hospital.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 11:16

Parboiled is:

(i)English
(ii)Imperialist
(iii)Racist
(iv)Mysogynistic
(v)Auld

And appears to wear these badges with pride. Make of that what you will.

With hindsight, I simply could have written "fud".

The genuine mystery is whether he actually believes the guff he posts or whether is just an extremely poor attempt at trolling...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 11:46

Could I add babe magnet…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 12:27

Brother in law just got his knee done at Murrayfield Spire, £17K for the one or £23K for both.

Just got a NHS referral last week after waiting over a year, lives in Aberfeldy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 13:18

‘(iv)Mysogynistic’

That’s not even a word HJ. Did you say you were a teacher?

Also (i) and (v) aren’t insults.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 13:25

Ted, I’m fair insulted these aren’t insults

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 13:27

Oops Tad I meant. I do hope you are not insulted!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 13:38

LA your relative’s treatment is a good example of NHS flexibility for the benefit of the patient.
They also fix cataracts over there. With a nine month waiting list business must be brisk.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 16:44

Oh dear, HJ made a typo and TA got upset. Just as well that I taught Chemistry, Physics and Maths and not English then eh?

As for being English and auld, there are very few worse combinations in my experience. I mean, growing up with that superiority complex in a country that absolutely despises it must be traumatic. Case and point is Parboiled.

From my own experience of working and studying in England, I can simply say that it served to show me how incompatible England and English people are with Scotland and Scottish people. And that was in the North. The superiority complex and imperialistic tendencies on display in England are rather reminiscent of those demonstrated by pro-Putin Russians. Safe to say, never again!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 19:19

In the words of George Bernard Shaw:

“Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach; and those who can’t teach make incoherent xenophobic rants on dafc.net.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 19:42

Cool story bro! Guess your English isn`t up to scratch either when you missed the use of the past tense "taught". Would also be curious to see how you would handle teaching Science & Maths in a second language but hey ho. E for effort though mind you...

Edit - Just an afterthought: Is there not an irony in a Tory undervaluing teachers? Nae wonder the schools are falling apart in England.

Post Edited (Sat 30 Sep 19:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 30 Sep 20:13

hurricane_jimmy wrote:

> Cool story bro! Guess your English isn`t up to scratch either
> when you missed the use of the past tense "taught". Would also
> be curious to see how you would handle teaching Science & Maths
> in a second language but hey ho. E for effort though mind
> you...
>
> Edit - Just an afterthought: Is there not an irony in a Tory
> undervaluing teachers? Nae wonder the schools are falling apart
> in England.
>
>
> Post Edited (Sat 30 Sep 19:49)

I’m pretty sure George Bernard Shaw wasn’t a Tory.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 01:25

With a name like Shaw? I guess you`re not familiar with the term "Anglo-Irish" which is exactly what his family was. Think the same as yourself but in the Irish context. Dearie me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 07:50

Keep prodding Tad, I’ve provoked guff from HJ so long the clocks changed...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 10:09

Tbh Parboiled, I find the two of you quite entertaining. That said, I do hope I never lose my sanity to the point where I think the Mail and the Express are good sources like you two do. Prod away Limes!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sun 1 Oct 11:25

Wasn`t GBS a Fabian?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net