DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Christmas Lunch
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Mon 12 Nov 22:15

Just wondering:

- if anyone reads any posts in this forum

- do you stick with traditional foods for Christmas Lunch / Dinner, or do you try something a little less traditional?

I'm a fan of the traditional, but am fortunate weather-wise (in Australia) that we can add dishes such as platters of prawns as starters as people arrive and get settled.
And, for the same reasons, I usually cook a roast pork on a BBQ to keep some heat out of the kitchen.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Christmas Lunch
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Tue 13 Nov 00:28

Fried green curry with jasmine rice

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG741  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 00:50

Thaipar - that would be a pretty standard go-to dinner wouldn't it?

By the way, what do you mean by 'Fried green curry...'? We prepare ours in a wok, is that it?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Wed 14 Nov 04:36

Obviously Xmas isn't celebrated here and the Mrs normally works so yeah just a bog standard lunch.
Don't tend to do evening food or if we do it's just a snack.

Normal green curry will be prepared in a pot with a soup green coconut curry.

Fried green curry is wok done with a thick creamy sauce. A mom n pop shop about 2km from home does a fantastic fried curry. I have even managed to get the cook to make it without msg for me. A rare trait here as normally everything is cooked with msg.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 3 Dec 15:59

Traditional Indian meal at one of our favourites. No mess to clean up and a nice relaxing evening afterwards.
Great.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net