DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 FAO Berry - iPhone editor niggles
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Tue 4 Feb 21:20

Thought I'd start a new thread to separate it from the other recent iPhone posts. I had a look into the iPhone editor niggles you highlighted, and I think I've got it working better now (in the simulator). When you open a new post, the editor area is small with the buttons underneath. As you type the editor area expands as needed. There is at most around 5 lines visible above the keyboard, but that is similar to the Android version (the nature of the beast when there's a hulking great software keyboard hogging the screen). It looks like this:

sab tv image

The bit you mentioned about scrolling and suddently taking you back to the threads sounds like you are dragging the whole dialog out of existence - it would appear to be a new feature in iOS 13. Which screws things up, basically! I have un-screwed things by handling that swipe down. It no longer screws the + (or New Post) buttons, and whilst the screen still closes, the content is stored and re-populated into the editor screen if you hit the + button (on the Threads screen) or New Post (in Posts screen).

This will be V1.7.0, but I want to do a bit more testing first, and I also need to get Brian to find time to go through the pollava of building it on the Mac and uploading to the app store. So please be patient, we will get there!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: FAO Berry - iPhone editor niggles
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 11:22

The v1.7.0 is now on App Store and can be updated

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 6 Feb 16:12

Cheers Brian.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 26 Apr 16:14

Milos, apologies don’t frequent this forum often but yes the amendments you’ve made have much improved the app!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Apr 17:02

Cheers Berry. I hadn't appreciated how pants it was before - important that folks feed back on here.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Dec 15:59

Hey Milos,

Not a biggy but just wanted to check it’s working as expected. If one starts a reply hitting ‘new post with quote’ in error, when you come out and go back in via selecting ‘new post’ the original quote still appears, i was anticipating just having a blank page. Easy enough fixed by just deleting all the text stored.

Secondly, vice versa, if I hit new post and type away then come out and hit new post with quote as it’s meant to be a direct response to someone it just goes back to my initial draft post...if this all makes sense! This one is a bit of a pain but doesn’t come to play unless there’s muck up on my part :).

Likely just a caching thing maybe.

This is on the iPhone.

Cheers!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Dec 18:37

Hello, just been trying this out with my better half's iPhone, and it looks like I've made a bit of a hash of it. It needs to work like the Android version, which has an "Edit Draft Post" option to edit any existing content, and the New Post and New Post With Quote will always clear any previous content (as one would expect). I'll get round to updating it, I promise!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Dec 22:08

No worries at all mate! Thought I’d just let you know.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 4 Jan 18:20

Quote:

Berry, Wed 30 Dec 22:08

No worries at all mate! Thought I’d just let you know.

Test.

This is my signature

Post Edited (Mon 04 Jan 18:21)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net