DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 iPhone app version - are you running the latest?
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Thu 28 Dec 10:59

I encountered someone the other day still running the very old iPhone version of the forum app. So just a word of advice to check which version you are using - it should be V3.55 - it’s in the App Store under “DAFC.net Forum 2”. It’s much quicker than the original version, and includes live updates, search and themes, better control of font sizes, and more stable all round. Though it needs a relatively modern iOS version, so if you have a more crusty iPhone you will be stuck with the relic that is the original version of the app.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: iPhone app version - are you running the latest?
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 30 Dec 09:25

Milos, I’ve noticed that if I update the score on a matchday thread title it still shows the original score on the pages through the thread. It’s not a problem per se but just something I noticed.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 31 Dec 00:10

I’ve noticed that too, Buffy. I’ll remind myself how it all works and see if it can be improved.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Jan 19:47

Hi Buffy, just to let you know that I have an updated version ready that will solve the sticky scores in Live Updates on iPhone. But as I`m still not 100% sure about it, I want to test it for real the next game you are covering. If that goes well, I`ll publish it.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 00:01

It wasn’t in the live updates, Milo. It’s the football forum match threads where it was showing. Apologies if I’ve picked you up wrong

There will probably be a thread on the FF tomorrow for our game at Hampden or our home game on 20th January.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Jan 18:01

Ah, got ya. Though there is an issue with the Live Updates.

As for the forums, I’m not sure what’s happening there, but I’ll monitor tonight.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net