DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Glasgow centre car ban 2022
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 08:55

Although I welcome pedestrianisation of city centres ( what area does this exactly cover in Glasgow?) I am not for this idea of only banning some vehicles, based on age, due to the assumption of the emissions from them.

They are going about this vehicle polluting thing the wrong way, and I am relishing the thought of my 1st ticket and taking it to court, as I have a pre 2014 diesel but I run it on perfectly legal biodiesel, which in the case of the baaaad emissions, comes nowhere near the levels of running on 'normal' diesel

So theres the beef, we are sold as consumers a fuel which causes the problem, not the cars.
Answer is to make the fuel more environmentally friendly, easy done, but no, they just blanket ban the cars
Bring it on 😜........
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Glasgow centre car ban 2022
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 09:12

Most of it is pedestrianised or one way anyway. Would never bother driving a car into the centre of a city. That's why I never understand the moans in Dunfermline. Can easily park near the shops for a touch over a quid for 2 hours. The only way they could make it easier would be to build a multistorey at the old coop site.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 09:24

^^
Glasgow centre is not mostly pedestrianised at all, only Sauchiehall & Buchannan, in the main, and over the years I've had plenty reason to drive in and through the centre, including for work, hence the reason there are many multi story parking facilities within the central area

As I said, it depends what extent of the city this covers
Will it extend to Buchanan St busstation ? I doubt it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 09:34

That's what I consider the centre. Going beyond that would be like pedestrianising Pilmuir Street etc in Dunfermline. I can understand in Edinburgh where the buses are excellent, but Glasgow buses are rank. Just means trades trying to get to city centre flats will need permits or will be over charging residents.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 09:53

Glasgow also has a useful underground
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 11:27

Edinburgh and Dundee bringing in the ban also

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Jun 17:27

Edinburgh pretty much already has with the ridiculous parking charges, no entry roads, potholes and road closures for the St James Quarter. Be mad to take a car in.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net