DAFC.net
Home 25 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sepsis on Corrie
Topic Originator: Lolpet  
Date:   Wed 11 Jul 11:51

As Sepsis hits the news again, and is being featured as a storyline on Coronation Street, can I use this forum to highlight the plight of a local lady much closer to home.
Marguerite Henderson lost both legs, lower arm and part of her hand due to Sepsis earlier this year.
In the space of a few short months she has seen her life change dramatically after a tiny paper cut on her hand became infected.
Currently still in hospital learning to walk again on prosthetic legs, and doing fantastically btw, her family are trying to raise funds to get her home and living comfortably but need to raise over £80,000.
There is a justgivingpage set up if anyone wishes to donate called Help Marguerite Live Again.

Music for Marguerite (you can find us on Facebook) have a SIGNED 2017/2018 DAFC MATCH BALL in a presentation case which we are auctioning to raise funds. The auction ends on 4th August. All monies raised go directly to Marguerite. There have been a few bids on an earlier post of mine on this forum but we still need to raise as much money as we can to help Marguerite.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1556010267861045/?ti=icl

We also have a forthcoming event in PJ Molloys on 1st September for the music lovers amongst you, featuring local bands. Tickets are on sale now, priced at only £8.00

https://www.facebook.com/events/861058520747639/?ti=icl

Unfortunately, it isn’t just a tv storyline, it’s someones life.
Please help if you can
Thanks.

Lorraine Petrie
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sepsis on Corrie
Topic Originator: Ghoulz  
Date:   Wed 11 Jul 23:02

Gig tickets available from me too.

Your friendly neighbourhood Ghoulz.

The Whole Story of The Famous Kinema Ballroom
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net