DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 BT smart hub
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 11:14

I have a smart hub 3.0 with BT. Will buying their latest smart hub improve my broadband speed? At the moment it fades in and out so would an upgrade make a difference?

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: BT smart hub
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 14:23

Call them and get them to do a line test first in case there's a fault on the line causing it...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 17:31

kozma my wifi would regularly drop with the previous hubs but with the smart hub its been solid.

Is it Home Hub 3 you have ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 18:52

Also if you have a cordless phone base anywhere near your hub it can disrupt wifi signal....hive smart meters too...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 19:22

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 21 Jul 18:52

Also if you have a cordless phone base anywhere near your hub it can disrupt wifi signal....hive smart meters too...

4g mobile phone signal can also affect your signal. A smart TV too near your router can also cause issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 19:37

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 21 Jul 17:31

kozma my wifi would regularly drop with the previous hubs but with the smart hub its been solid.

Is it Home Hub 3 you have ?

Yes it's hub 3 so I am considering the upgrade...

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bouncer  
Date:   Sat 21 Jul 23:25

With wireless technologies there are a lot of variables.

This article might help a few of you get the most out of the current router/hub that you have.

Failing that BT do claim that the Smart Hub 6 is the best hub for the job.
I have volunteered to trial an even newer hub before it comes to market.

Post Edited (Sat 21 Jul 23:29)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 22 Jul 02:16

Can confirm, work for BT sales. Blocks out a lot more interference from other electrical devices than the older ones, bigger range and supposed to go through walls better. Not many deals for recontracting and getting a free one unless you're going from copper to fibre (Hub 3 is a copper router I think) worth calling up anyway
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sun 22 Jul 03:08

Moviescot
Why would a 4g signal affect ?
Or a smart tv even which uses wifi anyway?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 22 Jul 12:47

I recently moved into a 70's build bungalow and the struggle is real with black spots.

Not much you can really do, can spend hundreds on 3rd party routers with extra antennas and all the lark but nothing will beat running ethernet cable hard wired either through loft space or under floor.

Thats not ideal or practical to folk normally so next option is ethernet powerline adapters and failing that wifi booster/repeaters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 23 Jul 11:39

Got the latest Hub 6, which gives me no problems in a 2 storey Victorian house, with internal brick walls.
Have one TP link wireless sender at the back of the house , and that covers the kitchen and garden.
Way better than anything Sky have issued and I was on staff trial for their Hub2 when I worked there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 24 Jul 11:49

'Got the latest Hub 6, which gives me no problems in a 2 storey Victorian house, with internal brick walls.
Have one TP link wireless sender at the back of the house , and that covers the kitchen and garden.
Way better than anything Sky have issued and I was on staff trial for their Hub2 when I worked there.'

This is good to hear that it's not all just bluster from upper management about it helping.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net