DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DAFC Tickets Site and GDPR
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 07:59

DAFC ticket website will not let me you access the site unless you consent to marketing - does anyone know if that's allowed under the new GDPR rules?

i've registered with loads and loads of online companies and have never experienced this before.

i'll happily go in and buy tickets (my son is home just now and said he'd like to come to a few games)... but as a point of principle, i'm not signing up for marketing.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DAFC Tickets Site and GDPR
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 08:19

Are you sure? It should be broken down so you can consent to the minimum (e.g. session cookies for payments).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 08:42

Just read it. I don't see mention of marketing. There's a mention of potentially passing to third parties. This is standard. They may have to pass details onto whoever handles their payments (probably Worldpay or Barclays) and potentially the SFA or SPFL.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 09:25

nope onlytakes: can't do screen shots but here is the text:

There were errors processing your submission

To access the site you must grant marketing consent.
CLUB MARKETING CONSENT

We may wish to contact you from time to time, in order to offer products or services that may be of interest to you, as well as including club news, offers or important club information. We need your specific consent to do so, by email, telephone, text message or post.

We do not pass your information to anyone else for marketing purposes.

I consent to be contacted by Dunfermline Athletic FC for marketing purposes.
You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at our main business address.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 09:29

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 17:24

Thats not really covered by gdpr, thats a gimmick used by sites where its hobsins choice, if you want to use their service, you have to give consent, if not, they dont need to provide the service, thats just poor service
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 27 Jul 17:54

yeah calpar... and i chose not to

just didn't think that sort of thing was allowed under GDPR and certainly not the bit about "withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at our main business address." as i'm sure GDPR says it should be a lot easier than that
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net