DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 UK Rail Services
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 07:31

After traveling through France Switzerland and Italy on trains recently, this clown is living in cloud cuckoo land.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/07/30/britains-railways-envy-europe-says-train-boss-accused-living/

In my experience UK trains are late and manky.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: UK Rail Services
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 07:43

And overcrowded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 11:22

Typical management nonsense.

I can't click on the link because I will need to bleach my eyes after reading the telegraph, but I was fortunate enough to hear this guy the other day.

He pointed out that the UK rail services have a higher level of customer satisfaction that all European countries except Finland. He is right.

What he doesn't say is that these surveys are just stupid. The average Brit will complain on social media about bad service, but when it comes to a semi-official survey they will just nod politely and say everything is OK.

The surveys aren't indicative of a good rail services. They just show the "mustn't grumble" attitude of many Brits.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Wed 1 Aug 13:12

They also point to the fact that passenger numbers have doubled since franchising, and imply that this is because franchising is brilliant and has absolutely nothing to do with any other external factor - you know, like the population shift to cities (where people use more trains) and people trying to reduce their carbon footprint. Nope - it's all to do with franchising being amazing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsclub  
Date:   Sun 5 Aug 10:36

He’s never been on Thameslink or Southern rail the Tw*t.
Cancellations on a Daily basis and for 7 x the price of the german network.
A mate of mine had a job interview recently and was asked what train route he used... it is getting that bad.

It’s now cheaper to lease a car than gat the train.

HF05
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Opelfruitloops  
Date:   Tue 7 Aug 13:11

Rail services are crap. Scotrail is dreadful. I used to use the train when going to Edinburgh. Now i go by bus as i just dont trust the trains anymore. They're also old. First you have that service pulled by an engine. BR mk2 carraiges build in 1969. Many of the others, the class 158s, they were put into service in the 1980s. Some of them are literally falling apart. I couldn't get on a train the other week because the door on the cupboard that held the ramps was broken. It was held on by duct tape. Trains leave the stations illegally. The toilets aren't working and all trains by law must have toilets. Them there's Northern rail. It would take to long to go into that. Southern. Any time I go and see my freinds in Worthing I'm met with cancelled trains. Trains so overcrowded that no one can get on. I caused a stushi at Clapham Junction. I'd arranged to get help on to trains. The train was cancelled. The next train was cancelled. By now I was to late forctge connection. I was eventually put on a train that stopped at Clapham. When i got there no one was waiting to get me off. The doors started to close so I put my foot in and stopped them from closing. They started closing again and I took the same action. Then the guard came and I Told him I'd booked to get off there. He told me I couldn't as the train didn't have ramps. I told him to get the platform ones. He refused as the train was now late. So I stopped the doors closing again. This time he said he'd get the police. I said fine. Get the police. They'll take my side as your breaking equalities legislation. He phoned the police. I kept the train from leaving. The police told him to get me off the train and that they'd be reporting Southern for breaking equalities legislation. The guard was furious

Be true to who you are
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Tue 7 Aug 22:10

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Opelfruitloops  
Date:   Wed 8 Aug 08:20

Don't even get me started on taxis. Had a night out in Edinburgh. Before I left I tried to book an accessible taxi at Dunfermline bus station at 4.30 am. I was getting the night bus home. I tried every taxi company I could. None would take me. People told me of companies who had accessible cabs but they all refused. Said the cabs like that weren't used at night. So next time I needed a cab I tried those companies. This was for 2pm. Still a refusal as they said the didn't fit there cabs out for a wheelchair at that time. Then at Inverkeithing the train I was going for couldn't take a wheelchair. It was the one with the broken door. Scotrail tried to get me a taxi but the nearest firm who were prepared to take me was in Edinburgh. I was quicker just waiting for the next train

Be true to who you are
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net