DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Flyer deliverers required.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 14 Sep 21:07

I'm planning delivering approximately 45,000 Squealadeal flyers with voucher adverts through Carnock, Gowkhall, Dunfermline, Cowdenbeath, Crossgates, Aberdour, Dalgety Bay, Rosyth, Inverkiething, Limekilns, Charlestown, Crossford, Cairneyhill, Crombie, Wellwood and Townhill each month starting 22nd October.

Deliveries will be the last week each month ( apart from December - previous week).
I have a delivery firm lined up but they will need extra bodies.

It will be split into 8 separate zones of around 5 to 7 thousand deliveries.

This is a great opportunity for fundraising groups to make some good cash.

Individuals who want to earn pocket money will get £8 per hour, groups will get an amount agreed with the delivery firm for a team effort.

Call me on 07979960427 if you or your group: Scouts, Football team, gala committee..... are interested and want more information.

Good way to get a bit exercise too ;)

Anyone interested in advertising call me for more info.

Post Edited (Fri 14 Sep 21:08)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Flyer deliverers required.
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 00:23

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 00:40

Lots happening Andy. New website launching soon and SEO will be resumed when that happens. The flyers I'm delivering will promote Squealadeal throughout Fife with affordable advertising for 16 clients on each leaflet. They are A3 double folded making a booklet.
The activity generates a profit and introduces new businesses to Squealadeal. I cant explain it all here but it is the precursor to launching franchises in other areas. Not being at the top of google is not a problem at present.

Post Edited (Sat 15 Sep 00:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 08:50

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 10:37

I have clients who agree with you and plenty who swear by regular deliveries.

On their own they may not always be effective but as part of a campaign they are effective.

Personally I look at all the flyers that come my way and keep the ones I might need.

I think you have missed the point though. The fliers I'm getting delivered will contain vouchers from existing and prospective Squealadeal clients. I have tested this on 3 runs now and I have a demand for more. They also promote the webpage and greatly increase traffic. The cost of print and delivery is shared and works out at a fraction of what you would normally pay.
Eg 5000 A5 flyers would normally cost you around £300 for design print and delivery. You could add a fair bit for better quality and tracked delivery.

I will charge £12 per thousand to be included in the flier. 1 16th of A3 is a decent size and well worth the money.
That's only £60 for design print and delivery of 5000.
The flyers also promote the website so
If you have a promotion on www.squealadeal.co.uk you get 24/7 exposure with a full page advert including images, info, testimonials etc.
The whole package is great value and very affordable and sustainable for small local businesses.
45000 delivered each month will certainly drive plenty traffic to the website.
There will also be an A5 feature advert in each flyer/booklet, maybe 2.

Watch out for yours arriving and ill welcome comments then ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 12:11

Is the fife flyer on today ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 12:53

Yep they are playing Dundee Stars at home today. 😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BMMMH  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:02

£300 for 5000 A5 flyers is an absolute rip off. Google Trade Print who are based in Dundee. For that money you could get 30,000!
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:06

You go to google print and stuff the local printers then.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:14

£300 is for design print and delivery.

A regular local printer will charge around £10 - £20 for design, it can take a few hours to get it done and approved. Should they work for free?
Print for 5000 can be £80 - £120 depending on quality. Ill bet your 30,000 google print are on toilet paper grade.
Delivery is from £40 to £55.
It takes around 12 hours for 4 guys to deliver 5000 at around £8 per hour each.

If you dont mind ill pay the going rate and support small local businesses rather than feeding cheap online businesses who mean nothing to me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:17

With my system you will get 45,000 designed printed and delivered for around £540. Thats about as cheap as your google deal but on quality paper with tracked deliveries and all the local businesses involved get paid decent money.

Post Edited (Sat 15 Sep 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:23

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:23

Can I also just say that lots of budding local and new businesses use leaflet drops to pro-actively seek work so they can expand and pay wages which feed the local economy.

If you are just going to put their investment in the bin why not put a wee sign on your door saying, "No unsolicited mail please".
That will stop it and save them money too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:31

Lol calm down mate. That mob are based in Dundee and the cost includes delivery. They’re onto 130gsm paper which is standard for an A5 flyer but you can do it on 170gsm silk art board for £65 for 5000. Even allowing someone £50 to design that you’re at the grand total of £115 but hey you’re obviously happy throwing money away 😆
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:31

Ps, who are google print?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:50

Quote:

BMMMH, Sat 15 Sep 13:31

Ps, who are google print?

Lol my mistake. I read "Google Trade Print". Sorry about the rant, I totally misunderstood you.

I cannot see how they deliver 30k individual flyers for that price. They must be doing multiple clients at once.
That can have a negative effect. 3 or 4 at most per drop is ok.

Anyway my rates compete with them as I detailed above and several local companies do well from it.

Thanks for the info though. I'll check them out when I launch in the Tayside area.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 13:55

No probs mate, best of luck.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 16:57

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 17:15

You really aren't following this Andy. You have completely got the wrong idea of what I'm doing. Do me a favour and leave it, I'm not looking for a debate about my business however well intended.

Ill explain it to you personally and when you understand what Im actually doing your input will be more than welcome.

Btw £300 is not a print cost it is an average print plus delivery cost. To make a run viable you have to have 3 or 4 clients. That's a normal individual flyer delivery business. That is not what I am doing. Call me if you want clarification.

Post Edited (Sat 15 Sep 17:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 17:19

Put flyers straight in bin myself too... Tried putting the sign up but still got loads of unwanted crap through the door
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 17:35

It isn't crap when it is something you need or want. If you were planning a new kitchen and a kitchen company put a discount voucher flyer through your door, you would possibly use it or at least check out the company.
Its all about numbers.

If someone makes the effort to tell me about their business and spends money to let me know about them, I will do them the courtesy of at least speed scanning the leaflet before passing it to someone who can use it or binning it.
If someone puts flyers through your door when you have a sign saying not to, inform the company on the flyers and they will usually complain to the deliverer. That will hopefully stop them doing it.
I have had this happen. Some signs are not easy to notice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 18:24

sorry Parrot - i know this is your thing, but you can't tell me what i deem unwanted!

<< If you were planning a new kitchen and a kitchen company put a discount voucher flyer through your door, you would possibly use it or at least check out the company. >>

so what your saying is that if i decide to spend thousands of pounds to purchase a new kitchen and have it fitted, i should wait for some unsolicited junk mail or a passing joiner to knock the door?

maybe some folk work like that but i wouldn't - so again, with all respect, IMHO junk mail is just crap that goes straight in the paper bin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 18:49

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 15 Sep 19:32

Quote:

DBP, Sat 15 Sep 18:24

sorry Parrot - i know this is your thing, but you can't tell me what i deem unwanted!

<< If you were planning a new kitchen and a kitchen company put a discount voucher flyer through your door, you would possibly use it or at least check out the company. >>

so what your saying is that if i decide to spend thousands of pounds to purchase a new kitchen and have it fitted, i should wait for some unsolicited junk mail or a passing joiner to knock the door?

maybe some folk work like that but i wouldn't - so again, with all respect, IMHO junk mail is just crap that goes straight in the paper bin

No I'm just saying plenty of them are responded to by happy recipients. Or folk would stop doing it. The majority are not junk.
There will be plenty suppliers out there that you dont know about. I know you will do due diligence at the appropriate time but you could easily miss a good deal.
Businesses have to be proactive. Flyers are just a part of successful campaigns.

Post Edited (Sat 15 Sep 19:33)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net