DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sky mobile
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 18:36

Thinking of going for a deal with sky mobile soon... Any pros & cons I need to know?
Ta in advance
Widders

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sky mobile
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Mon 17 Sep 22:38

Been with sky mobile for about 10 months now and have zero issues.

Plenty freedom to adjust your data package as and when you want and you can roll over your data for up to 3 years. In 10 months I have over 60gb of data in my Piggybank which has allowed me to go down to the lowest and cheapest data plan for a few months.

No up front costs for most of the handsets and very competitively priced. Also, if you’re a sky tv customer you automatically get unlimited free text and calls to uk mobile and landline numbers

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 08:50

2 small callouts i would say is the swap 12 and swap 24 are actually 18 and 30 month agreements so your price will drop after that period but still handset repayments for 6 months after (at lower rate) however the SWAP will guarentee your trade in price to wipe off whatever is outstanding (assuming condition of the phone)

Some of the "shortcode" SMS codes dont work. So for donations to children in need etc where you text a number and charges against your phone bill. Some TV votes like Im a celeb etc use them too. If they dont work you are not charged.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hay Fever  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 10:51

Is it correct that with Sky you never own the phone and have to hand it back when contract ends? Always like to sell on my old phone if that is I've no damaged it which is usually the case. So insurance would be essential if you take a Sky phone I take it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 11:04

you own it, only if looking to swap back then buyback value is based on condition of the phone.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 13:06

Yea you own it.

If for example you are in the swap 24 contract, your contract term is 30 months. But after 24 months you can upgrade to the latest handset and use your existing handset to offset the remaining 6 months of the contract. Alternatively you could pay it up over the 30 months, take out a new contract and sell on your old handset for your own financial gain

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 13:41

Contract phones. No thanks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 13:51

Each to their own though eh

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 16:59

Quote:

oakley_pars, Tue 18 Sep 13:51

Each to their own though eh

Indeed. Giffgaff for me.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 18 Sep 17:16

If I could afford to buy the handset i wanted outright I’d probably be the same

As such, taking a contract suits my circumstances

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net