DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scotland v South Africa
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 16 Nov 18:03

Looking forward to this one. Scotland can beat almost anyone on their day if they click.

We usually have a mad 15-20 minutes which can cost us games. It will against the Springboks.

Scotland will have to be at their best , disciplined and cut out silly mistakes, and defend well, and take all their chances to win.

Basically do everything right !
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scotland v South Africa
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 16 Nov 20:41

I'd love to be proved wrong but I fear SA will steamroller us tomorrow.
We were decent against Fiji.... But this is a step up in class.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 16 Nov 23:12

How come SA were rubbish for the past four years but are now being touted as World Cup winners ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 00:12

I've no idea... It's a weird one.
I agree SA are probably one of the top 5 sides on their day... But anyone who predicts any other nation rather than Australia or New Zealand to lift the world Cup obviously doesn't have a scooby about the game.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 08:05

Australia are only 5th favourites for the World Cup behind NZ, Ireland, England and South Africa. Can't see past NZ but will be interesting to see how Ireland get on against them today.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 10:09

Have we not gubbed Australia the last few times plus losing to a dodgy last minuit penalty that should have been a scrum?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 17:39

Oooooofffftttt! Top class try from Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 17:57

Clever try there
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 17:58

Sco 17 RSA 20
HT

Let`s try making it till Christmas

Post Edited (Sat 17 Nov 18:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 18:27

Ridiculous decision to send the SA no15 to the bin for 10 mins.
Thought the ref had done well up until that.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 18:29

I don't know much about rugby but that definitely looked like he was trying to take it one handed and if he had he was in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WORST  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 19:08

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 19:48

Deliberate knock on. No effort to catch the ball, its a yellow card all day long in rugby. Funnily enough south africa won the game when they were a man down with the two penalties converted.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 20:16

Second half a bit of a let down compared to first. Scotland turned the ball over too many times against a very physical team.
S A are a much improved team under Erasmus.
Didn’t they beat the All Blacks in NZ recently?

We will have learnt a lot today.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 20:31

Ireland currently showing exactly how to play against Southern hemisphere teams.
16-6 up with 20 mins left to play

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 20:34

Scotland were turned over 12 times. That why we lost the forwards were second best.

I still struggle at times to understand how Finn Russell makes a living playing professional rugby.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 20:41

"Deliberate knock on. No effort to catch the ball, its a yellow card all day long in rugby."

Shouldn't be - The IRB (Now World Rugby) have created a rod for their own back by some of their interpretations but in the laws it does say that if there is a reasonable attempt to catch the ball or shouldn't be given as deliberate knock on. It wasn't a slap down, he was trying to tap it up to himself to gather. Had Hogg been in a similar position for us to score an intercept I'm sure we'd be raging if it was given against him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 21:02

Yellow card all day long. His other arm was at his side when he went to play the ball. If he was have deemed to have made a reasonable attempt at playing the ball he would have went with both hands. Even if he tried to tap it up which i dont think he did he was never going to get to it. He was stopping the winger getting to it and having the run on him. Deliberate all day long for me
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 21:11

To be fair... Even the ref had to consult the tmo... As its one of these rules that everyone sees differently.
Well done to Ireland beating NZ 16-9

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Sat 17 Nov 23:50

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 00:43

If he had his other hand raised you might think trying to intercept.One arm raised is a goalie save with no intention of playing the ball.It was a yellow card.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 09:23

As Bryan Habana demonstrated after the game, it's harder to try and grab it with two hands than it is with one, and a large number of passes were gathered with one hand. People saying it wasn't a genuine attempt to score an intercept or that he should have tried to get it with two hands mustn't have played or seen much rugby.

The back foot stuff annoys me too, but as long as the referee is consistent and tells the 9 to use the ball quickly then I'm generally fine with it. There are a lot of other areas World Rugby need to fix first - mostly in the scrum. If scrum halves are allowed to put the ba in at an angle where it virtually ends up straight in the second row, there's no point having a contest. If the referee picks a side he thinks is dominant and just gives them the penalty or free kick anytime it pops up or wheels (The Irish referees in particular are bad for this) then there's no point to scrums at all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 11:42

Another brainfart show from Russell - unfortunately.

Amazing how like Townsend he is in that respect. You never know what you are going to get from him.

I watched Sexton last night and if only we could uncover a player like him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 14:08

Listening to radio Scotland just now and it's difficult to argue with Keith Wood in regards to where Scotland are in the whole rugby world.
"Scotland are a very good side... But lack the nastiness that all great teams have.
All the great teams have at least one (some have two) guys known as the enforcer... Scotland don't have an enforcer and therfore lack the ability to really mix it up when it's needed.
Until they (Scotland) sort this out they will remain one of the better sides but will never be one of the great sides that are feared by other teams."
Russel was erratic yesterday... Missing kicks... Taking wrong decisions etc and didn't have a great game.
But... That's what you get with him.
When it works for him he's unstoppable... When it doesn't, he's dire.
It will be an interesting test next week, the Argentinians are playing some good stuff just now and are arguably man for man a better side than Scotland.
Any news on Hoggs injury yet?

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Nov 15:51

So is Russell Scottish rugby's Higgy?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 18:05

It's not even an " enforcer" that's required just a couple of players that are willing to compete for any ball. Was watching my son's team play yesterday and the difference between the teams was the fact our lads are taught to have a tickle at a ruck even if it looks secure. If it's held up and they are tall over it " in you go". Scotland need a stronger more adventurous 5 and 8. Another issue is how flat we pass, doesn't allow room to gain speed or adjust the path. Continue with this one trick pony at our peril because a blitz defence will beat it every time. Credit to Ireland , they started to plan for this in 1999, bearing fruit now and their strength in depth is tremendous. Shows what happens when you start at the grass roots level and bring it through. Scotland seem to rely on distant relatives and nepotism...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Nov 18:10

Aye a lot of folk forget that Irish rugby was dire in the early to mid 90s.

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net