DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Billionaire in front of a gold piano gives speech on poverty...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 25 Dec 21:04

God save the.....

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Billionaire in front of a gold piano gives speech on poverty...
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Tue 25 Dec 21:40

Who?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 25 Dec 22:10

I believe her actual fortune is around the 370 million mark.
Which means she's not even the richest aristocrat in this country.
Just saying...
2018 ranking (2017)NameWorthRise/fall vs 20171 (1)The Duke of Westminster and the Grosvenor family£9.964 billion£444 million2 (2)Earl Cadogan and family£6.7 billion£200 million3 (4)Baroness Howard de Walden and family£4.015 billion£285 million4 (3)Lady Charlotte Wellesley£3.259 billion£603 million5 (5)Viscount Portman and family£2.003 billion–6 (6)Robert Miller and Princess Marie-Chantal and family£2 billion£420 million7 (8)The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family£922 million£32 million8 (7)Viscount Rothermere and family£900 million£30 million9 (9)The Duke of Devonshire£880 million–10 (10)Prince Jonathan and Princess Gesine Doria Pamphilj£775 million£25 million11 (11)Lord Rothschild£755 million£20 million12 (12)Lord Vestey and family£728 million£1 million13 (13)The Duke of Bedford£727 million£20 million14 (14)The Duke of Sutherland£585 million£5 million15 (15)Charlotte Townshend£460 million£35 million16 (16)The Duke of Northumberland£382 million£12 million17 (17)The Queen£370 million£10 million18 (18)The Marquess of Salisbury£343 million£8 million19 (19)Lord Iliffe and family£297 million£27 million20 (21)Viscount Astor and family£250 million.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 25 Dec 22:49

Meanwhile Harry and Meghan are having Frogmore Cottage refurbished for them to move in including a Spa and a Yoga Studio using taxpayers millions while masses sit in substandard council houses unable to get them upgraded due to lack of funds!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 09:43

Quote:

ParfectXI, Tue 25 Dec 22:49

Meanwhile Harry and Meghan are having Frogmore Cottage refurbished for them to move in including a Spa and a Yoga Studio using taxpayers millions while masses sit in substandard council houses unable to get them upgraded due to lack of funds!!

That's deeply disturbing. The royal family is a total anachronism. Given Betty Windsor isn't short of a bob or two, why doesn't she foot the bill so her grandson come live in the luxury he has become accustomed to?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 10:11

Quote:

widtink, Tue 25 Dec 22:10

I believe her actual fortune is around the 370 million mark.
Which means she's not even the richest aristocrat in this country.
Just saying...
2018 ranking (2017)NameWorthRise/fall vs 20171 (1)The Duke of Westminster and the Grosvenor family£9.964 billion£444 million2 (2)Earl Cadogan and family£6.7 billion£200 million3 (4)Baroness Howard de Walden and family£4.015 billion£285 million4 (3)Lady Charlotte Wellesley£3.259 billion£603 million5 (5)Viscount Portman and family£2.003 billion–6 (6)Robert Miller and Princess Marie-Chantal and family£2 billion£420 million7 (8)The Earl of Iveagh and the Guinness family£922 million£32 million8 (7)Viscount Rothermere and family£900 million£30 million9 (9)The Duke of Devonshire£880 million–10 (10)Prince Jonathan and Princess Gesine Doria Pamphilj£775 million£25 million11 (11)Lord Rothschild£755 million£20 million12 (12)Lord Vestey and family£728 million£1 million13 (13)The Duke of Bedford£727 million£20 million14 (14)The Duke of Sutherland£585 million£5 million15 (15)Charlotte Townshend£460 million£35 million16 (16)The Duke of Northumberland£382 million£12 million17 (17)The Queen£370 million£10 million18 (18)The Marquess of Salisbury£343 million£8 million19 (19)Lord Iliffe and family£297 million£27 million20 (21)Viscount Astor and family£250 million.

And all the land she owns?
The Panama accounts?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 10:30

Absolutely.... She owns more land than any other person on the planet.
But that's not what your op said. You said she was a billionaire... That is incorrect.
I'm no royalist... I see no point in them myself.But folk really shouldn't believe everything they see on a Facebook meme.
Panama papers?... Sorry, you have me at a disadvantage there as I've no idea what that's all about.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 11:01

Quote:

widtink, Wed 26 Dec 10:30

But that's not what your op said. You said she was a billionaire... That is incorrect.
I'm no royalist... I see no point in them myself.But folk really shouldn't believe everything they see on a Facebook meme.
Panama papers?... Sorry, you have me at a disadvantage there as I've no idea what that's all about.

Simple, we get to see a certain amount, they have an entirely different amount.
The Queen was implicated in quite a bit of offshore business before the subject just vanished.
Either way sitting in front of a gold piano telling struggling folks we all need to stick together is bad taste, given her and her family's sheer greed.
Obscene.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 11:17

Is it any different to countless others who do the same, from Hollywood A listers at social bite Edinburgh or 300k a week footballers, millionaires doing a token sleep out in Edinburgh? Is that in all bad taste? Or is it only when the royal family are involved that it's bad taste?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 11:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 26 Dec 11:01

Quote:

widtink, Wed 26 Dec 10:30

Simple, we get to see a certain amount, they have an entirely different amount.
The Queen was implicated in quite a bit of offshore business before the subject just vanished.
Either way sitting in front of a gold piano telling struggling folks we all need to stick together is bad taste, given her and her family's sheer greed.
Obscene.

I agree... I chose not to watch it though... For the 47th year in a row 😂
I bow to your superior knowledge Regards the Panama papers. Never heard of them or if I have I've forgotten.
But... My point remains... There are much much richer families than her tribe. Although they don't do Xmas messages to the masses right enough... As far as I'm aware

Admin

Post Edited (Wed 26 Dec 11:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 12:22

Are you sure it was Buck Hoose?.It might have been the Pope's weekend place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 13:32

Is it Holland where their Royal Family live relatively ordinary lifestyles ?

Like one of them going to work on a bike ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 17:18

nah, popes weekend place is just a but n ben

what does queenie watch at 1500 on xmas day ?

its all immoral, noone gives a monkeys really, the revolution is decades too late

peace love and mustard
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 17:26

Peace, love, & Broon sauce surely? 😂

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 19:25

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 26 Dec 13:32

Is it Holland where their Royal Family live relatively ordinary lifestyles ?

Like one of them going to work on a bike ?

Denmark.....the Queen liked to go out to the bakers for a fly fag on her bike, I actually walked out in front of her in Copenhagen at a ceremony by accident when she was motioning someone in the crowd to give her a call.
Her security very politely asked me to step back,which I did, simply because it was so cordial...nae panic...nae fuss.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 26 Dec 19:25

Quote:

calpar, Wed 26 Dec 17:18

nah, popes weekend place is just a but n ben

what does queenie watch at 1500 on xmas day ?

its all immoral, noone gives a monkeys really, the revolution is decades too late

peace love and mustard

I'll pass that on to the colonel ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 27 Dec 09:26

Colonel Mustard ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Thu 27 Dec 09:36

The very man
Blethered on sat night at Barras
The Odd were on form though, but sound could have been a bit less bassy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Dec 11:07

Quote:

calpar, Thu 27 Dec 09:36

The very man
Blethered on sat night at Barras
The Odd were on form though, but sound could have been a bit less bassy

Aye that's the one, I missed the barras unfortunately , I'm pals with David the Dijancer.
Funnily enough the sound was a bit bassy the year before, looked a good night :)
I'll no doubt catch you at a Yellow movement gig at some point :)
Nice folks!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 27 Dec 11:58

The Dutch crown Prince (now King) used to fly planes with KLM. He was a pilot and used to do it incognito, although his voice was sometimes recognised over the intercom. He used to say if asked that he did radio commercials.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net