DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline High School
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:23

swarming with ambulances & police. Rumoured around 25 kids ill due to drugs

Post Edited (Fri 18 Jan 15:24)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline High School
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:32

unless the school/FC have commenced the siren process lets not speculate as to causes or numbers involved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:35

What is the siren process?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:44

SMS notification to all parents to make them aware of an incident at the school. They might not refer to it as siren a few workplaces I have been have done similar for weather alerts etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 15:48

On STV courier & press
SMS sent out by school

Post Edited (Fri 18 Jan 16:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 18:51

On the news suspected valium. Locals saying they are shocked. Why?
Our lax attitude to drug taking is always going to pass down to kids of this age.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 18 Jan 19:21

The school has notified parents that some youngsters "may have taken tablets outwith school grounds during lunch time."

Police are now following a "positive line of enquiry" into the incident.

A spokesman for the Scottish Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 1.23pm to attend an incident at Dunfermline High School.

"We dispatched five ambulance crews, a special operations unit and a rapid response vehicle – we treated six patients at the scene and transported four to Victoria Hospital, in Kirkcaldy.”

It is believed that the tablets were valium, but this has not been confirmed by the authorities.

The school said: "After lunch time today, we were made aware that some of our pupils may have taken tablets outwith school grounds during lunch time.

"We called emergency services immediately and have worked tirelessly with them to try and support pupils who may have been affected. Our first priority has been to check the identified names and contact their parents/carers.

"We have, in conjunction with police and paramedics, also held two quick assemblies with S2 and S3 to ask for any more possible names and to inform that we would be contacting parents/carers immediately.

"We would urge you to speak to your child to ensure that they have not taken any tablets from anybody and to take medical advice if you think they have.

"Thank you for your continued support."

Fife Council stated that a "small number" of pupils became unwell and received medical care before some were taken to hospital.

Head of education and children's services Phil Black commented: “We are managing an incident at Dunfermline High school. A small number of pupils became unwell towards the end of lunchtime. All have received medical treatment and some have gone to hospital.

"Parents have been informed and all necessary steps have been taken to ensure the safety of all pupils.

Police and ambulance crews raced to Dunfermline High School after reports of concern for the health of a number of pupils.

Eyewitnesses reported around five police cars and half a dozen ambulances were present at the school earlier this afternoon.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "Police in Fife were called to a high school in Dunfermline at around 1.30pm on Friday 18 January following a report of concern for the health of a number of pupils who had consumed a tablet.

"The Scottish Ambulance Service attended and provided treatment to those affected.

"Inquiries are ongoing and officers are currently following a positive line of enquiry in connection with this."

We'll have more on this story as we receive information from the emergency services.

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 19 Jan 18:50

The kids in Dunfermline have a long tradition going back to the 70s of being 'Into The Vali'
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 19 Jan 22:50

The kids in Dunfermline have a long tradition going back to the 70s of being 'Into The Vali'

Drug taking was always prevalent at DHS when I was there back in the early 1970s. In these days our choice of drug was nicotine, kindly supplied by a shop owner opposite the school who sold us '3d singles.' Back then there was no moral panic or ambulances required and so far as I am aware most of us are still alive and healthy.

sammer

Post Edited (Sat 19 Jan 22:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 19 Jan 23:33

Aye cos nicotine and valium are kinda the same eh 🤔

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 01:14

I don't know since I just stuck to nicotine.

The biggest difference I can only imagine is that my drug is legal and pays tax whereas the other one does not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 07:06

Us kids could handle our drugs when I was at school. Snowflake culture strikes again. 😏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 08:13

Red-star, your efforts are wasted on here.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 12:54

68 wasn't bad at DHS, mandies being the pill of choice plus cider, along with a gig from Chain Reaction.

Or if you had cash Geno Washington at the Ballroom.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Jan 12:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 17:46

Quote:

General Zod, Sun 20 Jan 07:06

Us kids could handle our drugs when I was at school. Snowflake culture strikes again. 😏

This, geography on shrooms was a particular pip.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 20:07

I waited til college until I went shroom picking. Used to be a stretch of grass behind Lauder where they grew. Great laughs.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net