DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fife Flyers
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 31 Dec 17:53

Do Pars season ticket holders still get discounts on the Hockey?

I've never been and thought it would be something new to try at the weekend.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fife Flyers
Topic Originator: MonThePars1885  
Date:   Tue 1 Jan 12:57

That deal finished a few seasons back sadly. Prices are equivalent to a Pars game, think it's about £18 for an adult.

The Flyers are having a bit of a mixed season. Started off really well, and were top of the league for a bit. Lost a couple of key players due to injury in November and have struggled for form since.

If you're looking to go i'd suggest going to a Flyers v Glasgow Clan or Dundee Stars game. They're our closest rivals and tend to bring the biggest supports, which brings out the home supporters too which in turn makes for a better atmosphere.

I've taken friends along and they all enjoy it once they get a basic understanding on whats going on as there are so many things going on at once.

One major flaw is that they sing Geordie Munro multiple times a night. Not ideal if you're a Pars fan!

Post Edited (Tue 01 Jan 12:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 14:10

Sorry been meaning to reply to this.

Went to the game against Cardiff and for my first time and not fully understanding the rules, really enjoyed it and that's with Flyers getting battered 6-0.

I didn't even think about there being 20min intervals after each period so the ice can be sorted, common sense!

The place itself seems to have had better days and could do with a revamp.

Anyway off to see them play Nottingham tonight and hopefully see them score...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 14:31

What do you not understand about the rules Berry?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dalgety_Par  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 15:10

Terrible sport

It's common knowledge that Lionel Messi kept a photo of Hamish French by his bedside as inspiration every morning!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 15:13

Quote:

richie5401, Sun 20 Jan 14:31

What do you not understand about the rules Berry?

It's probably more the speed of the game and keeping track of it than anything else.

Am I right in saying when the keeper saves it, it stops play then they face off again?

Also when penalties such as hooking etc, how do they dictate where they face off again to restart?

Is there such a thing as offside, whistle blew a couple of times after rather long passes?

When a player is in sin bin for say 2mins, do they sit out for the full 2 mins or get to come on if the opposition take advantage and score?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 15:29

I'm no expert on ice hockey by any means but I'm guessing the whistle blew after long passes for 'icing'. This rule doesn't apply if the team is short handed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icing_(ice_hockey)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 15:46

Yes,keeping track of the old frozen black pudding can be hard.

Yep..when the goalie stops it or "Freezes the puck"..it's an offensive face-off.

Centre ice(or neutral zone) is where penalties begin.

Yes offside is from the blue line in...if a player is beyond that point when the puck is played in he is offside...what you see after stray long passes when no one touches it is ICING.It's when the defense rattles it out of their zone after normally sustained pressure.

In the NHL it is 2 mins and the second the the 2 are up he can come charging out the box and get a breakaway chance...players score from that quite regularly.

Forgot to say ..yes if the 5-4 team score on the power play the penalty is over.

Post Edited (Sun 20 Jan 15:52)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 20 Jan 17:45

Went to NHL game last year (NY islanders) and they had the ice cleaned loads of times within the periods... (about twenty young skaters with big snow shovels removing loads of ice churned up). Was great atmosphere though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Mon 21 Jan 06:42

Can’t beat Bruins v Canadiens for atmosphere and brutality!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Jan 08:33

Well yet to see them win but least it was a close game!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Tue 22 Jan 00:33

Was at a NFL game last year and thought the atmosphere wasn't a patch on football, especially considering how many people were there.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net