DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Car insurance renewal
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 12:31

Just a quick reminder to never just accept your renewal quote... I just spent 5 mins on the blower to my insurance provider (Hastings direct) and my renewal quote went from £70 dearer than last year to £54 cheaper than last year . And I only called them cos I was having difficulty logging in to my account.... Result.
Well chuffed min 😉

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Car insurance renewal
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 19:02

Same with any deal.My phone now same price for s9 with more data as I paid for s7.Started off dearer but soon got it down.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 21:35

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sun 10 Feb 22:26

I can never understand this new way where loyal customers are shafted and new get better deals.

Pretty sure it used to be keep the loyal customers and give them the best deal.

Oh as for insurance,had same joke.I found it online with same company cheaper.Admittedly they matched it but why try to screw loyal customers?

Post Edited (Sun 10 Feb 22:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 06:54

Just had the same with British Gas Homecare. Renewal cost went up, quick phone call and I am now paying less than last year. These companies just rely on people not checking and just paying the new cost.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 13:38

Yep , I check every year now as I had similar issues as discussed previously with increases in premiums. Even the companies admit it is better to call.
However what really got me is I took the advice of the company to call them last year and they could not improve their offer for our 3 cars, so I went online to check, got a cheaper quotation and then called back the original provider and they said they would match it, whereas I had previously called them to discuss. The difference was almost £500, so I advise all people to use comparison sites to force these robbers into submission.

Post Edited (Mon 11 Feb 14:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 15:02

Car insurance is a racket and the best price is rarely on comparison sites. Most comparison sites have connections with insurance companies
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Mon 11 Feb 20:01

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net