DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parking at SEC
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 10:26

Just wondered if anyone had been to any events through at the exhibition centre in Glasgow recently. Going through for slash tonight and was wondering if the parking was still the same as before with seperate parking for the centre or is the multi story for the hydro the only parking available now.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parking at SEC
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 11:03

Toon bogs shut ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 11:44

I always park in Houldsworth Street when I go there.
It's not too far to walk and costs nothing unlike the rip off prices at the official parking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 11:44

I always drive over the squinty bridge and park at the science centre. There's a walk bridge between the science centre and the secc. Not been for a while though so not sure if they've clamped down on it. Used to be £3.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 11:54

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/new-car-park-opens-minutes-13564206
A new car park has opened close to some of Glasgow's biggest music venues - and using is won't burn a massive hole in your pocket.

Autoporto Parking has launched a new parking area in along with Nuffield West End that allows visitors to the SEC or The SSE Hydro to park the car for a flat rate of £5 per vehicle, per event.

Compared to many other parking options in the area, we think a fiver to park for the day or night is pretty reasonable.

Right on Minerva Street, the car park is close to not only the SEC and Hydro but also the famous Finnieston Strip - perfect for those who fancy or day or night out in 'Glasgow's new West End' without the hefty parking charges to match.

For more information on the Autoporto Parking click here.

Let`s try making it till Christmas

Post Edited (Sun 17 Feb 11:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 14:00

Cheers everyone.
Trying the carpark that Dave suggested as you can prebook it. Would normally take my chances at the science centre but think there are 3 events all on at same time at SEC, Hydro and Armadillo so going to be a bit of a free for all.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 14:32

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Feb 16:42

I always Park on Fitzroy Place or Royal Crescent. Plenty of free parking spots and ten minute walk to The Hydro

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 18 Feb 10:44

bit late but Elliot square is good. 5-10 mins walk around at Finnieston but free, quiet and can get right out onto motorway post event.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net