DAFC.net
Home 17 June 2019 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 01:15

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/17469700.dunfermline-pensioner-tagged-after-producing-drugs-in-his-home/


I'm honestly stunned this is even a thing. It's hilarious how backwards politics and the police are. Is Weed not still Class 'B' in Britain.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 07:25

"Producing The drug"
My word, where to start....how utterly backward.
If only the Police were more attentive to the real crimes in Dunfermline.
#highstreet
#corruption

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 09:03

Thing is it is a good thing when used but not abused. The law is there to stop it being produced for abuse and that affects genuine sufferers. I dont disagree.
You can get legal CBD products over the counter so no need to break the law.
Maybe his home grown was for personal use but how do you control that.
I don't think a tag is too bad a result. 3 plants worth over 3K sounds a bit like he's selling some. Can't really argue with the sentence.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 11:14

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 2 Mar 09:03

Thing is it is a good thing when used but not abused. The law is there to stop it being produced for abuse and that affects genuine sufferers. I dont disagree.
You can get legal CBD products over the counter so no need to break the law.
Maybe his home grown was for personal use but how do you control that.
I don't think a tag is too bad a result. 3 plants worth over 3K sounds a bit like he's selling some. Can't really argue with the sentence.


There should be absolutely no need to break the law for a naturally grown herb, it is not and never will be a drug.
Edit, courts vastly overprice.

I Hope You're Ok Today....

Post Edited (Sat 02 Mar 11:14)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 11:37

£3,000 from 3 plants....


IMagine trying to sell that to people from Fife hahahahaha
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: average white par  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 11:45

^^ This

"The Court finds that the accused was in possession of half a crumpled spliff in his back pocket. This crumpled spliff was recovered by officers from it's concealed location and found to have a street value of £75,000. Intent to supply is therefore confirmed in the eyes of the court and the accused shall be fined the value of the crumpled spliff and permanently banned from entry to Australia etc etc...."

sigh...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 12:22

"it is not and never will be a drug" Are you claiming it has no psychoactive effect?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 13:10

It is a drug Rasta. Not chemical but still a drug.
When abused it causes harm so it does need to be controlled.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 13:49

It may be a drug, but I've seen people more spaced out from over the counter pain killers than I have from any joint.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 14:01

I'm sure you haven't concluded either was a special experience.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 14:34

Quote:

Andrew283, Sat 2 Mar 13:49

It may be a drug, but I've seen people more spaced out from over the counter pain killers than I have from any joint.


Yep. I have no problem with medicinal use but it needs control.
I have seen too many lives ruined by weed.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 16:14

Quote:

richie5401, Sat 2 Mar 12:22

"it is not and never will be a drug" Are you claiming it has no psychoactive effect?


Get back to me when coffee alcohol and nicotine receive the same treatment...all psychoactive and all very much drugs.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 16:25

No one would argue the other 3 aren't psychoactive.You claimed weed wasn't a drug.

i think what you are trying to argue is why the discrimination when it comes to legalising weed when other psychoactives are widely available.That's a fair point.



Post Edited (Sat 02 Mar 16:39)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 19:31

Has anyone ever died from a weed overdose ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 19:56

If by death you mean 'couch-locked', then most definitely hahaha
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Mar 20:01

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 2 Mar 19:31

Has anyone ever died from a weed overdose ?


My best frient died largely due to the effect cannabis had on him and another 2 good friends have completely fkd their lives up. I regularly picked up weed puffers in the taxi who were reduced to a shadow of what they could be. Some of them spoke like morons.

It needs to be controlled. Strong cannabis is not good.

Actually just remembered another school pal who took his life. Cannabis had a big influence there too.



Post Edited (Sat 02 Mar 20:02)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 01:09

Weed makes you lazy, it literally stopped me doing some very, very regrettable things in the past few years. It can be abused but I honestly think anyone against it hasn't had a single toke in their puff...
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 01:52

Wrong neebs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 02:25

There has to be a sensible discussion about cannabis. Alcohol is legal. That is the argument for legalising cannabis in my opinion. I’d legalise all drugs... It’s utter nonsense. Donald Trump is the president of the United States of America . It’s quite clear that a lot of people are already on drugs!

Post Edited (Sun 03 Mar 02:26)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 10:07

There are advantages in decriminalising drugs.

Taking supply away from gangsters

Legal sales generating tax that can be used to treat addicts.

Clean clinics and equipment to prevent infection.

Not ideal but if you cant prevent the illegal supply and use, which we obviously can't, then a sensible plan B that stops wasting police time and money and creates income to help deal with the consequences makes sense.

Unlicensed supply should remain illegal and punished more severely.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 14:19

Good points.PARrot for PM!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 16:40

Some puritanical pi5h getting spouted on here.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 16:52

Nope just science.THC alters the function of cannabinoid receptors.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:10

Quote:

richie5401, Sun 3 Mar 16:52

Nope just science.THC alters the function of cannabinoid receptors.


Oh dear.
Just you stick to the jebus stuff.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:17

Yep,typical,won't debate the science.reverts to personal attack.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:27

'Nope just science.THC alters the function of cannabinoid receptors.'


So THC receptors are effected by THC? Am I missing something here?

As someone that has actually studied this, THC, if used regularly will latch onto these receptors for a period of time, blocking new bonds being formed between the 2. This is why a tolerance to the substance can be formed.

The only downside to the substance, and I've experienced this myself, is that if you suffer from an existing mental health condition (Chronic depression etc), then weed can certainly make the symptoms worse. It DOESN'T Cause these issues, it DOESN'T make you suicidal and apart from the blatant smell, unlike many legal drugs you won't cause any hassle to other people.

Frankly, if weed was legal and Alcohol wasn't, Scotland would be a far far friendlier place
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:34

THC acts on cannabinoid receptors.There is no such system as a THC receptor.

There is an endocannabinoid system.Perhaps that is what you meant.

I would say both drugs can be abused and have side effects that folks need to be aware of.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:37

Cannabis ruins many many lives. Ongoing psychotic illness.

Fact.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:38

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 3 Mar 18:27

'Nope just science.THC alters the function of cannabinoid receptors.'


So THC receptors are effected by THC? Am I missing something here?

As someone that has actually studied this, THC, if used regularly will latch onto these receptors for a period of time, blocking new bonds being formed between the 2. This is why a tolerance to the substance can be formed.

The only downside to the substance, and I've experienced this myself, is that if you suffer from an existing mental health condition (Chronic depression etc), then weed can certainly make the symptoms worse. It DOESN'T Cause these issues, it DOESN'T make you suicidal and apart from the blatant smell, unlike many legal drugs you won't cause any hassle to other people.

Frankly, if weed was legal and Alcohol wasn't, Scotland would be a far far friendlier place


I dont care how much you have studied it. Maybe you missed something. You just posted a lad of tosh.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:40

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 3 Mar 16:40

Some puritanical pi5h getting spouted on here.


Puritanical? Accepting there are possible positives in decriminalising drugs.
How is that puritanical?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:58

'THC acts on cannabinoid receptors.There is no such system as a THC receptor.'

Nice googling there. Both are actually accepted terms tbh.

Just gonna put this out there, has there been a single case of a weed smoker being a threat to anyone other than themselves? We prescribe bloody opioids over the counter and yet something that makes you mellow and chill is still a 'Class B' drug... some people are just hilariously deluded
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:00

well at least you admit it does damage.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:22

Oxygen literally destroys cells, aspirin causes organ damage, alcohol causes memory loss, aggression, cognition impairment. Weed...makes you giggly and sleepy and can, if used every day affect EXISTING mental health issues.

People love to tow the Government line and blast it as bad when they have no idea what they're talking about
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:31

Quote:

richie5401, Sun 3 Mar 18:17

Yep,typical,won't debate the science.reverts to personal attack.


There is very little point in discussing the science with you.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:50

Why not?I may learn something.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 20:41

I dont need to debate the science. I have seen first hand what the effects are. I need no more proof.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 21:50

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 3 Mar 18:58

'THC acts on cannabinoid receptors.There is no such system as a THC receptor.'

Nice googling there. Both are actually accepted terms tbh.

Just gonna put this out there, has there been a single case of a weed smoker being a threat to anyone other than themselves? We prescribe bloody opioids over the counter and yet something that makes you mellow and chill is still a 'Class B' drug... some people are just hilariously deluded


How about this then. That looks like drug users including cannabis does affect other people.

• Impairment by illegal or medical drugs was officially recorded as a contributory factor in 62 fatal road crashes and 259 crashes resulting in serious injuries in 2015 in Britain [1], but experts estimate the true figure could be much higher;
• One in six bodies of dead drivers (18%) and 16% of the bodies of dead motorcyclists were found to have illegal drugs in their bodies, in research commissioned by the Department for Transport published in 2001. About 6% of dead drivers and dead motorcyclists had taken medicines that could have affected their driving [2];
• One in six (17%) of 1,396 randomly-tested Glasgow drivers in 2005 had taken at least one illegal drug, with the most common being MDMA and cannabis [3];

Post Edited (Sun 03 Mar 21:51)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 10:28

Are you not flogging a canabbis derivative winged one ? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 13:11

Yes CBD oil max legal limit of THC. Medicinal grade.
You dont need the illegal stuff.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 14:00

If a cannabis smoker steps into a car and drives it whilst impaired by drugs, crashes the car into some unsuspecting pedestrian, killing them; I suspect that cannabis does do some harm.
I am a cyclist and over the last 3 weeks at least 3 cars have passed me with the drivers smoking weed whilst driving. It is easy to tell due to the smell and windows generally being open.
So for me, I have a problem with its misuse.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 14:23

Meant to post this at the start of the thread and thought I'd missed my chance... But seeing as it seems to be hotting up... 😂




[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 20:47

Why are religious folk always against Cannabis ? God surely thought it was a good idea to give us the plant? Or is it another one of his tests?

Post Edited (Mon 04 Mar 20:47)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 21:08

^^^

On that premise... why do we have anything bad in this world? 🧐

Maybe it should be all sunshine and roses....and cannabis?



Post Edited (Mon 04 Mar 21:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 21:12

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 4 Mar 20:47

Why are religious folk always against Cannabis ? God surely thought it was a good idea to give us the plant? Or is it another one of his tests?


He gave us all green plants for our use.......not abuse.
I am not against its use...I sell it.
I am against abuse of any substance.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 22:27

That’s some pretty twisted logic Parrot.
God said “by all means , make money out the plant , but don’t you dare smoke it !”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 22:54

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Mar 21:12

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 4 Mar 20:47

Why are religious folk always against Cannabis ? God surely thought it was a good idea to give us the plant? Or is it another one of his tests?


He gave us all green plants for our use.......not abuse.
I am not against its use...I sell it.
I am against abuse of any substance.


So how is imbibing God's herb in it's natural state....abuse?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:23

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 4 Mar 22:27

That’s some pretty twisted logic Parrot.
God said “by all means , make money out the plant , but don’t you dare smoke it !”


Your on the windup surely.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:24

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 4 Mar 22:54

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 4 Mar 21:12

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 4 Mar 20:47

Why are religious folk always against Cannabis ? God surely thought it was a good idea to give us the plant? Or is it another one of his tests?


He gave us all green plants for our use.......not abuse.
I am not against its use...I sell it.
I am against abuse of any substance.


So how is imbibing God's herb in it's natural state....abuse?


Im pretty sure you can work that out yirainsel'

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:26

Hmm..in it's natural state now.Probably not it's original state.As the ground was cursed.If you are invoking God.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:26

Actually you can smoke it. It comes in vape too. 0.2% THC so within Gods non abuse boundaries 😉

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:26

Quote:

richie5401, Mon 4 Mar 23:26

Hmm..in it's natural state now.Probably not it's original state.As the ground was cursed.If you are invoking God.


Aye that too.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 23:40

Cursed ground ? God? 😂😂😂 God smokes soap bar !
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 00:23

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Mon 4 Mar 23:40

Cursed ground ? God? 😂😂😂 God smokes soap bar !


I'm sure thats funny but it went over my head.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 06:04

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 07:21

Quote:

Hummingbird Harry, Tue 5 Mar 06:04

Can’t. Unsee. Internet .


This.
Corrupted ground ffs.....and he claims he wants to talk science.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 12:19

You mentioned God.No takey's back.

I would gladly talk about he science.You seem reluctant.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 15:24

We'll try religion and science....8f God did not intend us to imbibe his sacred herb (your scripture not mine) why design us with cannabinoid receptors throughout our body?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 15:52

Wine is good for you in moderation, as is a nippie sweetie or a hearty ale.
The key word is moderation.

Once it starts affecting the decision making process it moves from use to abuse.

Cannabis used responsibly is perfectly fine. The problem is human beings have a problem with, "Responsibly".

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 16:06

"Why design us with cannabinoid receptors throughout the body"

It's a system that regulates communication between the cells effectively acting as slowing mechanism that keeps us calm.

When THC is introduced it interferes with said system producing an array of effects.

Nothing in the Bible that says Marijuana is a sacred herb.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 5 Mar 16:17

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 5 Mar 15:52

Wine is good for you in moderation, as is a nippie sweetie or a hearty ale.
The key word is moderation.

Once it starts affecting the decision making process it moves from use to abuse.

Cannabis used responsibly is perfectly fine. The problem is human beings have a problem with, "Responsibly".


So why is alcohol treated any differently? So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use..

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 13:25

"So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use."

I doubt it is a major single cause of drugs related deaths, however there have been recorded cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 14:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 6 Mar 13:25

"So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use."

I doubt it is a major single cause of drugs related deaths, however there have been recorded cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html


The Mail have printed a few of these and usually retract after medical scorn, you simply cannot be killed from cannabis abuse.
Alcohol on the other hand...

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 14:32

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 6 Mar 14:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 6 Mar 13:25

"So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use."

I doubt it is a major single cause of drugs related deaths, however there have been recorded cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html


The Mail have printed a few of these and usually retract after medical scorn, you simply cannot be killed from cannabis abuse.
Alcohol on the other hand...


No but if you get behind the wheel of a vehicle you can very much kill yourself and other people. Same as alcohol
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 14:52

Driving under the influence of anything is never a good idea, and there are laws against it, as is advice of not operating machinery whilst taking prescription drugs, but thats not really the debate here, as you know

As pointed out above, theres not much else illegal around taking both alcohol or prescription drugs except driving, a recreational smoke of ‘normal’ weed on the other hand gets the dogooders irate
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 15:40

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 6 Mar 14:32

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 6 Mar 14:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 6 Mar 13:25

"So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use."

I doubt it is a major single cause of drugs related deaths, however there have been recorded cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html


The Mail have printed a few of these and usually retract after medical scorn, you simply cannot be killed from cannabis abuse.
Alcohol on the other hand...


No but if you get behind the wheel of a vehicle you can very much kill yourself and other people. Same as alcohol


Yeah...still stands...you killed you not the cannabis...separate debate.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 16:01

"The Mail have printed a few of these and usually retract after medical scorn, you simply cannot be killed from cannabis abuse.
Alcohol on the other hand..."

That was the verdict of a Coroner's Court, based on the expert medical witness. who was a pathologist.

So, unless Dr. Hussein's opinion has been challenged by his peers, the Mail's report appears to be accurate.

AFAIK, a Coroner's Court ruling cannot be overturned, even by the House of Lords - happy to be contradicted if that is not so.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 16:50

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 6 Mar 15:40

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 6 Mar 14:32

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 6 Mar 14:16

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 6 Mar 13:25

"So far no deaths directly linked to cannabis use."

I doubt it is a major single cause of drugs related deaths, however there have been recorded cases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html


The Mail have printed a few of these and usually retract after medical scorn, you simply cannot be killed from cannabis abuse.
Alcohol on the other hand...


No but if you get behind the wheel of a vehicle you can very much kill yourself and other people. Same as alcohol


Yeah...still stands...you killed you not the cannabis...separate debate.


No the cannabis is the root cause of the deaths. No cannabis use no deaths
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 6 Mar 18:34

There have been two other deaths attributed to cannabis at Coroner's inquests - Lee Maisey 2004, and Julie Ryan 2010, both based on medical opinion.

The former was from Prof. John Henry of Imperial College London, an expert toxicologist.

According to his obituary in the Guardian -

He was not interested in process but the welfare of patients, and especially in the ways in which drugs could devastate the young. He explained to them how cannabis was more dangerous than tobacco, damaging users' volition, drive and dignity, and destroying the personality.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 07:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 6 Mar 18:34

There have been two other deaths attributed to cannabis at Coroner's inquests - Lee Maisey 2004, and Julie Ryan 2010, both based on medical opinion.

The former was from Prof. John Henry of Imperial College London, an expert toxicologist.

According to his obituary in the Guardian -

He was not interested in process but the welfare of patients, and especially in the ways in which drugs could devastate the young. He explained to them how cannabis was more dangerous than tobacco, damaging users' volition, drive and dignity, and destroying the personality.


Only we're not talking "attributed to" we're talking caused by the cannabis itself.
Still no one really answers the question, why is it treated differently to confirmed killer drugs like tobacco and alcohol?

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 07:46

"Only we're not talking "attributed to" we're talking caused by the cannabis itself."

My choice of words - the three different pathologists identified cannabis as the cause of death in those cases.

One of them was widely recognised as the UK's leading toxicologist.

As for the tobacco and alcohol issue, yes they are addictive poisons - but that does not constitute an argument for adding cannabis to the menu, rather a case for having them banned, or at least strictly reduced in availability - and we know where that would lead.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 08:51

They tried banning drink in America. It just went underground and fed organised crime. Smoking would have the same effect but they are trying to control it as best as they can.

The same argument can be, and frequently is put forward for cannabis and other drugs.

Decriminalising it doesnt mean it is good or safe.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 11:31

So....a continuous outright ban on something that kills less than household furniture.
Laughable.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 12:06

I wonder if those whose lives have been blighted by cannabis will share such humour ?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 7 Mar 12:11

I take it smoking cannabis doesn't carry any increased cancer risks?

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 01:29

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 7 Mar 12:11

I take it smoking cannabis doesn't carry any increased cancer risks?


Cannabis itself has a similar but slightly smaller cancer risk as tobacco.
The trouble is many mix cannabis with tobacco.
They also smoke joints without any filter and often right down to the end.
Plus they inhale deeply and hold the smoke in their lungs.
The result is that there is a huge increase in the risk of lung cancer.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 07:35

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 7 Mar 12:06

I wonder if those whose lives have been blighted by cannabis will share such humour ?


I wonder how many blighted by big business denying them a medicine would?
You love to be outraged don't you.
Cannabis has killed less people than household furniture, have a wee think about that.
All experts on cannabis yet clainlm to have never been near it, safe and comfy in your legality=morality paradigm.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 07:45

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 8 Mar 07:35

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 7 Mar 12:06

I wonder if those whose lives have been blighted by cannabis will share such humour ?


I wonder how many blighted by big business denying them a medicine would?
You love to be outraged don't you.
Cannabis has killed less people than household furniture, have a wee think about that.
All experts on cannabis yet clainlm to have never been near it, safe and comfy in your legality=morality paradigm.


Medicinal cannabis is legal.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 09:38

"I wonder how many blighted by big business denying them a medicine would?"

As PARrot says cannabis is now legalised for medicinal use here, where appropriate - and it's "big business" in the UK that is benefitting

"You love to be outraged don't you."

Only when opinions are punted as fact, when they are clearly widely disputed, for example in the contention cannabis is said to have no negative health effects.

"All experts on cannabis yet clainlm to have never been near it, safe and comfy in your legality=morality paradigm."

My opinion is not particularly relevant - there are real (medical) experts who have "been near it" and do not share the view that cannabis is safe to use.

Nothing to do with morality, it's about health.

BTW - How exactly does household furniture come into the discussion ?



Post Edited (Fri 08 Mar 10:49)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 10:37

Thanks for that info SIF. It would seem from that then that a good number of people have died as a direct result of cannabis.

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 11:23

Worth bearing in mind that nobody is smoking 20 joints a day but lots smoke 20 cigarettes a day so quantity smoked plays a role as well.
So if you only smoked cannabis and didn't mix with tobacco cancer risk would almost certainly be less than a regular smoker.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 11:35

Less but not insignificant I'd imagine?

Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 13:00

Genuine post: what is the LD 50 number of cannabis.
LD = lethal dose
50 = 50 % of the rats it is tested on will die.
This determines when 50% of rats have died after ingestion or been exposed to a chemical.

This is a standard method to determine how dangerous chemicals are.

Does it apply to cannabis. My thought is that it must have been tested if legally available.

How does this match with other chemical substances?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 15:17

It is the THC that matters. Without it the medicine won't work. Maximum strength for legality is 0.2%
Drug dealers are constantly trying to increase the THC



Post Edited (Fri 08 Mar 15:19)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 15:18

Quote:

parsmad68, Fri 8 Mar 13:00

Genuine post: what is the LD 50 number of cannabis.
LD = lethal dose
50 = 50 % of the rats it is tested on will die.
This determines when 50% of rats have died after ingestion or been exposed to a chemical.

This is a standard method to determine how dangerous chemicals are.

Does it apply to cannabis. My thought is that it must have been tested if legally available.

How does this match with other chemical substances?


Who knows but found this.

For obvious ethical reasons, there is no experimental evidence to determine the lethal dose in humans; but the dose that kills animals range from 40 mg/kg to 130 mg/kg 
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 19:50

There are a great many ills and poisons in society, a simple herb really shouldn't be priority.
Universal credit, far more lethal.
Brexit will quickly be linked to more deaths than cannabis ffs 😂
There are chemicals you ate in your dinner tonight that carry more risks, all approved though.
Herb vs chemical, odd the more religious come down on the side of chemical, but what would I know, I don't make any money from it.
"The problem is THC"
Depends what you are treating.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 8 Mar 20:25

Of course Jesus was right into the Cannabis.
"Jesus was almost certainly a cannabis user and an early proponent of the medicinal properties of the drug, according to a study of scriptural texts published this month. The study suggests that Jesus and his disciples used the drug to carry out miraculous healings.

The anointing oil used by Jesus and his disciples contained an ingredient called kaneh-bosem which has since been identified as cannabis extract, according to an article by Chris Bennett in the drugs magazine, High Times, entitled Was Jesus a Stoner? The incense used by Jesus in ceremonies also contained a cannabis extract, suggests Mr Bennett, who quotes scholars to back his claims.

"There can be little doubt about a role for cannabis in Judaic religion," Carl Ruck, professor of classical mythology at Boston University said.

Referring to the existence of cannabis in anointing oils used in ceremonies, he added: "Obviously the easy availability and long-established tradition of cannabis in early Judaism _ would inevitably have included it in the [Christian] mixtures."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Weed is bad...m'kay...
Topic Originator: richie5401  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 00:04

I think you mean Isaiah 14:14."I will make myself like the most high"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end